Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,053

2 members and 3,051 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Bakersfield Pet and Reptile Expo

I attended this show on Saturday, but I've been super busy. Didn't get the time to sit down and process all my pictures until today. Since it was a Pet and Reptile Expo there were some more traditional pets and supplies for them available, but that's not what I was there for. Most of my pictures are of the snakes.

Here's what the outside of the building looks like.

On the inside it was about half the size of the Reptile Super Show in Pomona. That's the only other one I've gone to, so it's all I've got for purposes of comparison.

Pretty good turnout nonetheless. I don't miss the crowds at the Pomona show.

They had some pretty snakes. I've never seen a quake in person before. Can't tell it from a normal, tbh.

And a raven! If I had the money I would've been very tempted to take it home. The pastel lesser clown in the next box is also very nice.

There were also some exotic animals, like this porcupine!

And an alligator snapping turtle! There were also some hedgehogs, but they were buried under their bedding and I couldn't get a good picture.

Then there were these babies. I love fire leopards! So pretty. Not sure what a sunkiss is though.

They had some presentations while I was there. This guy brought out a bunch of venomous snakes and talked about them. Most of the information was stuff I already knew, but I think this was a great way of educating the public.

There was also a presentation on exotic animals. I was so far back that my phone didn't get any good pictures. They had a lynx, ring-tailed lemur, alligator, possum, and some other neat stuff.

And last but not least, my pickup!

I've been looking for a female fire, so when I saw this little girl I decided to add her to the family.
    Last edited by the_rotten1; 07-23-2018 at 08:31 PM. Reason: correcting gramma and spelling errors
    ~ Ball Pythons - Rosy Boas - - Western Hognose Snakes - Mexican Black Kingsnakes - Corn Snakes ~

Check me out on iHerp, Instagram, & visit my store!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to the_rotten1 For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (07-25-2018),Bogertophis (07-25-2018),C.Marie (07-26-2018),dr del (07-24-2018),Jus1More (07-26-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Re: Bakersfield Pet and Reptile Expo

thank u for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by the_rotten1 View Post

They had some pretty snakes. I've never seen a quake in person before. Can't tell it from a normal, tbh.
    reduced pattern but not a good looking OD in that display IMO. also not sure what a Quake is either. so many morphs lol!

And a raven! If I had the money I would've been very tempted to take it home. The pastel lesser clown in the next box is also very nice.
    what is a Raven? $1k? sounds new and must look better when combined w/ other morphs. i did however get a chance to buy a Ravenclaw like 2yrs ago from a someone getting outta breeding to focus on the feeding biz but the Ravenclaw is just a Leo Woma so i passed.

And last but not least, my pickup!

I've been looking for a female fire, so when I saw this little girl I decided to add her to the family.
    congrats! she's gonna be hot!
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

the_rotten1 (07-25-2018)

Thanks

@Ax01 Agreed. There were better examples of OD at the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    what is a Raven? $1k? sounds new and must look better when combined w/ other morphs. i did however get a chance to buy a Ravenclaw like 2yrs ago from a someone getting outta breeding to focus on the feeding biz but the Ravenclaw is just a Leo Woma so i passed.
    Raven is a new darker morph and I'm a big fan of dark snakes. They don't look like much on their own and I haven't seen a lot of combos out there, but FB has a nice chocolate raven for sale: https://www.freedombreeder.com/produ...hocolate-raven
    ~ Ball Pythons - Rosy Boas - - Western Hognose Snakes - Mexican Black Kingsnakes - Corn Snakes ~

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 617 Posts

There were also some exotic animals, like this porcupine!
    Whoa! You can have a porcupine for a pet?? 😲

1.0 Lesser Mojave Ball Python "Neptune"; 1.0 Western Hognose "Murray"

Lizards:
    1.0 Bearded Dragon "Nigel"

Tarantulas:
    0.1 G. Rosea "Charlotte"; 0.1 B. Albopilosum "Matilda"; 0.1 C. Versicolor "Bijou"; 1.0 B. Boehmei "Lightening McQueen"

Inverts:
    1.0 Emperor Scorpion "Boba"

Dog & Cats:

1.0 Doberman Pinscher "Bulleit"; 1.0 Siamese Cat "Boudreaux"; 1.0 British Shorthair Cat "Oliver”

Goats:
    "Hazelnut" & "Huckleberry"

Thanks
    She is gorgeous congratulations on your beautiful new babe looks like a blast wish the reptile expo by me was half as awesome.
    Domestic Short Hair - Miss Becky
    Russian Blue - Church
    Miniature Poodle - Pierre LaPoodlePants
    Banana BP - Yuri Katsuki

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hilabeans View Post

That was just for display, it wasn't up for adoption. I actually have no idea whether they're legal here or not.

Quote Originally Posted by C.Marie View Post
    She is gorgeous congratulations on your beautiful new babe looks like a blast wish the reptile expo by me was half as awesome.

Thanks! It was a lot of fun. I'm gonna have to drag the kids to it next year.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Raven is a new darker morph and I'm a big fan of dark snakes. They don't look like much on their own and I haven't seen a lot of combos out there, but FB has a nice chocolate raven for sale: https://www.freedombreeder.com/produ...hocolate-raven
    wow that 2 gene snake, Chocolate Raven, is $5k?! i don't think it's that dark but that's probably the Chocolate creating all that blushing. maybe there's a Super Raven that's dark like a Super Black Pastel/Cinny or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by hilabeans View Post
    That was just for display, it wasn't up for adoption. I actually have no idea whether they're legal here or not.
    isn't that part of the children's petting zoo? $10 to touch and hug!
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I find it interesting to see how other expo's are in other parts of the world. In our city we usually have a small reptile expo every other month and the BIG show is coming up in September and runs for 3 days.
    Last edited by Jus1More; 07-26-2018 at 04:04 PM.

Thanks

wow that 2 gene snake, Chocolate Raven, is $5k?! i don't think it's that dark but that's probably the Chocolate creating all that blushing. maybe there's a Super Raven that's dark like a Super Black Pastel/Cinny or something like that?
    Maybe. Too bad I won't be able to afford to find out anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jus1More View Post
    I find it interesting to see how other expo's are in other parts of the world. In our city we usually have a small reptile expo every other month and the BIG show is coming up in September and runs for 3 days.
    That sounds nice. I wish we had them more often down here. I just moved into the area a few months ago, but they only seem to happen a few times a year.