Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,481

0 members and 2,481 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Anyone dealt with William Gangemi?

I spotted this recent ad on Faunaclassifieds for T- albino Blood Pythons:
    http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=661815

The seller is William Gangemi, and he will be running a vendor booth at Repticon Atlanta this weekend which I'm planning to attend and I've confirmed that he will be bringing the female/top Blood Python (the male is already sold).

However, I did a search for his name on Faunaclassifieds and found mixed feedback. Several people mentioned buying animals from him that died shortly thereafter. Others say that since he's offered a refund or credit that he's done all that can expected. In general, the issues appear to be mostly linked to imported WC animals and as such there may not be any issue with a T- Blood python which was captive bred. Being a Repticon vendor, there may also be issues with uninformed buyers as well who didn't provide proper living conditions.

Anyway, I'm just trying to do my due diligence and nail down whether the community feels that he's a "good guy" or not.

I've been looking at multiple different blood python breeders online (Gangemi buys & resells reptiles, I don't think he breeds himself) so I'm OK skipping this one if the animal's health is in question and waiting for another opportunity.

Thanks guys!

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts
    not sure if you read this whole thread on fauna:
    http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=644742

Be aware of the recent developments mentioned here and use your own judgement /moral compass:
    https://www.thestate.com/latest-news...214231444.html

"William Gangemi, a New Jersey man accused of participating in the illicit wildlife trading business"
    Last edited by AbsoluteApril; 07-23-2018 at 02:21 PM.
    For the Horde!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AbsoluteApril For This Useful Post:

bcr229 (07-23-2018),Craiga 01453 (07-23-2018)

Thanks
    No, I hadn't seen that article yet. Seems my spidey-sense was correct that I should check up on this guy. Also, he told me that "Kamuron" was the breeder of the T- Bloods and I haven't been able to find any mention of this breeder online, here, or on the FB Blood Python forums either.

Seems like the whole situation is pretty questionable. I like instant gratification as much as the next guy, but it sounds like my best bet right now is to wait until I can hook up with a well known and reliable breeder instead.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dboeren For This Useful Post:

bcr229 (07-23-2018),Craiga 01453 (07-23-2018)