Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,846

2 members and 2,844 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Princeps Tenebrarum

so i was at the Chameleon Ranch section of PacNWRS and tucked between two tall stacks of enclosures w/ Chameleons was a small, humble display of geckos. i'm not interested in Leo's and Cresties at the moment but i'm here and why not take a lil looky anyway? well, well what do we have here!

that's a 1.0 U. lineatus in the upper left deli cup! and OMG what's that in the bottom right?!! OMG can it be?! Dream Animal?!! imma have to get back to that one...

oh here's a 0.1 U. lineatus! apparently this one didn't have a tail when the vendor got her in and it's been growing back very nicely. very cool.

ok back to the other one! yawp, it's a U. phantasticus! OMG! OMG!

and he is HOT lil Satanic Leaf Tail.

but as Hot as he was, i never buy anything on my first go-around of a reptile show. i try to make a big circle and visit all the tables/vendors to see everything first. if something that previously caught my eye was sold by the time i make it back, it wasn't meant to be. if it's still there, it's mine!

on the opposite side of the building, in the back corner i found this pair of U. sikorae's. wow! this is the most amount of Madagascar gecko's i've ever seen at a show - 5 total!!

so like 2 or 3 hours later, i make my 3rd trip to the Chameleon Ranch. a few peeps didn't know what they were looking at but thought it looked really cool. i tried to sell it to them so i wouldn't have to buy it myself Lol. 1 girl knew what it was tho and seemed very, very interested but she eventually walked away. so i i took the deli cup from the display to get a closer look. then i broke the bank and bought him! that girl came back w/ husband in tow like 2minutes later to buy the lil guy. too late Lol!

he's at least 3-4years old, wild caught but has been stateside since 2015 in the personal collection of the vendor. (it's partner just passed so he's letting go of the boy.)

here he is w/ a painting from Post-Mortem Pets

great show, but now let's go home!

a few more quick pix outside before we hit the road

and into the cupholder

i hope he likes dancy jams

once home - a few quick pix on the deck, full sunlight

and i put together a temp home

and he hops right in!

yay!
    Last edited by Ax01; 07-17-2018 at 04:09 PM. Reason: hot links
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (07-17-2018),Craiga 01453 (07-18-2018),dr del (07-17-2018),hilabeans (07-17-2018),ladywhipple02 (07-17-2018),Prognathodon (07-18-2018),skydnay (07-17-2018),tttaylorrr (07-17-2018)