Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,882

3 members and 2,879 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Menelas (42)

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Re: Fantasy Football anyone???

Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    can anyone point us newbies into the direction of some newbie-friendly info about FF? like basics?

ive never played before either.
    basically...

1. pick a good team name, colors, logo, mascot, theme song, etc. - example Seaside Serpents is a good name

2. draft good players - example, pick NE Patriots players in fantasy, boo them in real life Lol

3. manage your team - example, move players from starting to bench; make trades and pickup free agents as needed

4. have fun, win or lose - example, u really, really wanna win
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

hilabeans (07-20-2018),tttaylorrr (07-20-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    basically...

1. pick a good team name, colors, logo, mascot, theme song, etc. - example Seaside Serpents is a good name

2. draft good players - example, pick NE Patriots players in fantasy, boo them in real life Lol

3. manage your team - example, move players from starting to bench; make trades and pickup free agents as needed

4. have fun, win or lose - example, u really, really wanna win
    thanks Ax! ur examples were perfect hahaha. step 3 gives me anxiety LOL. i feel like im going to make a fool of myself, but im excited to actually participate in my first FF league!
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    So glad y'all are all in! For the rookies: check out espn.com /fantasy. Thats a good place to start. There are player rankings, overall and by position. I get all that stuff in my Google news feed. Yahoo fantasy would be good too since that's the format we'll be using.

You'll all catch on quick. I'm happy to help show you the ropes, it's easier than it sounds. My girlfriend played in one of my leagues the last two years. I can't believe I'm admitting this, but in her first year she made the playoffs and I didn't.

Also, I haven't used Yahoo in a while, so I'm going to check it out in the morning and see exactly how rosters, scoring, and all that stuff will be. Then I'll write up a cliff notes version to share and you can all ask questions if you have any.
    Last edited by Craiga 01453; 07-20-2018 at 10:43 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

hilabeans (07-21-2018),tttaylorrr (07-20-2018)

Banned
    Thanks
    We're at 9.

Somehow there was an oversight and I missed jmarshall.

So, we currently sit with:

1. Craig
    2. Taylor
    3. LadyWhip
    4. Ax
    5. HQBz
    6. Kev
    7. Phil
    8. Hilly
    9. jmarshall

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

tttaylorrr (07-21-2018)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Super simple explanation of fantasy for anyone still a bit confused. Everyone drafts a team from all the players In The nfl. You pick which players on your team you want to start for that week. Depending on how they do in the actual game you will get points. So if let’s say your running back that you drafted scores a 20 yard touchdown you’ll get like 8 or 9 points. At the end of the week whoever has the most total points (all your players individual scores added together) wins for that week.

There are a ton of cheat sheet ype websites that that will help you draft the best players and there are also sites that will help you choose who to start if you’re unsure. If anyone has questions before the draft feel free to ask!
    1.0 Orange Dream x Lemonback x Super Enchi -Damian

Wishlist
    0.1 Corn Island Boa

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jmarshall For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (07-21-2018),hilabeans (07-21-2018),tttaylorrr (07-21-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 617 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jmarshall View Post
    Super simple explanation of fantasy for anyone still a bit confused. Everyone drafts a team from all the players In The nfl. You pick which players on your team you want to start for that week. Depending on how they do in the actual game you will get points. So if let’s say your running back that you drafted scores a 20 yard touchdown you’ll get like 8 or 9 points. At the end of the week whoever has the most total points (all your players individual scores added together) wins for that week.

There are a ton of cheat sheet ype websites that that will help you draft the best players and there are also sites that will help you choose who to start if you’re unsure. If anyone has questions before the draft feel free to ask!
    Simple enough!

1.0 Lesser Mojave Ball Python "Neptune"; 1.0 Western Hognose "Murray"

Lizards:
    1.0 Bearded Dragon "Nigel"

Tarantulas:
    0.1 G. Rosea "Charlotte"; 0.1 B. Albopilosum "Matilda"; 0.1 C. Versicolor "Bijou"; 1.0 B. Boehmei "Lightening McQueen"

Inverts:
    1.0 Emperor Scorpion "Boba"

Dog & Cats:

1.0 Doberman Pinscher "Bulleit"; 1.0 Siamese Cat "Boudreaux"; 1.0 British Shorthair Cat "Oliver”

Goats:
    "Hazelnut" & "Huckleberry"

Banned
    Thanks
    Hey all, were up to 10, Avsha531 is in as well...

I'm going through PMs and Yahoo! this morning to make sure we're current and to create a cliffs note version of our league rules, scoring, rosters, etc...

Current players are:
    1. Craig
    2. Taylor
    3. LadyWhip
    4. Ax
    5. HQBz
    6. Kev
    7. Phil
    8. Hilly
    9. jmarshall
    10. Avsha531

Stay tuned for league info

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

Ok, so here goes...
    I'm going to ask for thoughts on a few things, but most is pretty standard. If you have questions or suggestions my ears are open.

RULES:

- head-to-head = each week you will play head-to-head against another league player, high score wins. Ties happen, but are rare. Each week you will get a Win, Loss or Tie

- divisions = if we get an odd number of teams we will have one division, an even number will be broken into two divisions

- playoffs = the top 6 teams (based on W-L record) will make the playoffs. The playoffs will be played during weeks 14,15 and 16 of the NFL regular season
    - in the event of a tie, the top seeded team will make the playoffs

Trade review = league players have 2 days to "veto" a trade. This keeps things honest and maintains integrity. A league majority will be required to veto a trade.

Waiver time = players who are "dropped" from a team will be available 2 days after being dropped so all league players have a fair chance at adding the player.
    - Keep in mind, each time you pick a player up from waivers, you are dropped to the bottom of the "waiver list". If multiple teams attempt to pick up the same "free agent" within the 2 day period, the player closer to the top of the "waiver list" will receive priority and will get the player. After the 2 day period it is first come, first serve.

Draft time = I'm thinking 90 seconds. Thoughts welcomed.
    - For new players, this means how much actual time you have during the draft to select a player. Once you're "on the clock" (meaning it's your turn to draft) the clock will begin. If you fail to select a player in the allotted time, the top ranked remaining player will be drafted for you.
    - I can go as low as 15 seconds or as high as 2 minutes. I feel 60-90 is fair but since we have some new players I think 90 would be more fair.

ROSTERS

Starting lineups will include:
    Quarterback(QB) = 1
    Running Back(RB) = 2
    Wide Receiver(WR) = 2
    Tight End(TE) = 1
    FLEX = 1
    Kicker(K) = 1
    Defense/Special Teams(D/ST) = 1
    You will also have 1 spot for a player on Injured Reserve (IR) as well as 6 bench spots.

FLEX = You can start any player who is a RB, WR or TE. This gives some flexibility. For example, if you have 3 good RBs all playing with good matchups, maybe place a RB in your FLEX position...

D/ST = For this you will select an NFL TEAM rather than individual player. Your team will score points based on defensive production as well as special teams (basically comes down to the Kick and Punt Reuturner) production.

SCORING

- PASSING =
    -Passing TD = 4 points
    - Passing Yards = 25 yds = 1 point.
    Example = If your QB (or any other player via trick play or some other instance) throws for 217 yards you would receive 8 points. 225 yards would be 9 points. 300 yards would be 12 points, etc...

- RUSHING =
    - Rushing TD = 6 points
    Rushing yards = 10 yards = 1 point
    Example: if your RB (or any player, often QB and occasionally WR) runs for 58 yards you would receive 5 points, 71 yards would be 7, 110 yards would be 11, etc...

- RECEIVING =
    -Receiving TD = 6 points
    - Receiving yards = 10 yards = 1 point
    Example: if your WR, TE or RB (rarely a QBvia trick play) has 66 receiving yards you would receive 6 points, 71 yards would be 7 points and 122 yards would be 12 points.
    - PPR = Points Per Reception. Each Reception = 0.5 points.
    Example = your player has 2 catches you would receive 1 point, 7 catches would receive 3.5 points, etc...
    - I'm thinking the 0.5 point PPR system is the most fair and most fun. A full point can be a bit overkill in my opinion. But the half point makes it a little more exciting.

MISC...

- 2 Point Conversion = 2 points
    Example = Your RB rushes the ball for a successful 2 Point Conversion you receive 2 points. The points are applied to any player who scores the conversion regardless of position.

- Fumble Lost = -2 points.
    Example = Any player on your team, regardless of position, who fumbles and loses possession will LOSE 2 points.

- Offensive Fumble Recovery TD = 6 points
    Example = If a player fumbles the ball and YOUR player, rregardless of position, recovers it and scores a TD you would receive 6 points.

KICKERS

- Field Goals (successful field goal attempts generate points based on yardage of kick)
    - FG 0-39 yards = 3 points
    - FG 40-49 yards = 4 points
    - FG 50+ yards = 50 points

- PAT (Extra Point)
    - Successful PAT = 1 point
    - Missed PAT = -1 point

DEFENSE/SPECIAL TEAMS

- Shutout = 10 points
    - 1-6 points against = 7 points
    - 7-13 points against = 4 points
    - 14-20 points against = 1 point
    - 21-27 points against = 0 points
    - 28-34 points against = -1 point
    - 35+ points against = -4 points
    - Basically, the less points your D/ST gives up the better you do.

- Sack = 1 point
    - Fumble Recovery = 2 points
    - Interception = 2 points
    - Safety = 2 points
    - Defensive TD = 6 points
    - Blocked Kick = 2 points
    - Kickoff or Punt Return TD = 6 points
    - Extra Point Return = 2 points

So that's it in a nutshell, folks. It looks more complicated than it is, but that's everything you need to know. Strategy is up to you!!!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. I'm open to suggestions as well.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (07-23-2018),hilabeans (07-23-2018),ladywhipple02 (07-23-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

1st thank u for setting this up. i hope everyone has a good season, but slightly less good than mines!

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    ROSTERS

Starting lineups will include:
    Quarterback(QB) = 1
    Running Back(RB) = 2
    Wide Receiver(WR) = 2
    Tight End(TE) = 1
    FLEX = 1
    Kicker(K) = 1
    Defense/Special Teams(D/ST) = 1
    You will also have 1 spot for a player on Injured Reserve (IR) as well as 6 bench spots.
    i think 6 bench spots and space for IR is being generous. it allows more handcuffing of potential starters for other teams and less available players on waivers. ok i'm fine w/ keeping IR but could we drop bench spots to 5?

SCORING

- PASSING =
    -Passing TD = 4 points
    - Passing Yards = 25 yds = 1 point.
    Example = If your QB (or any other player via trick play or some other instance) throws for 217 yards you would receive 8 points. 225 yards would be 9 points. 300 yards would be 12 points, etc...

- RUSHING =
    - Rushing TD = 6 points
    Rushing yards = 10 yards = 1 point
    Example: if your RB (or any player, often QB and occasionally WR) runs for 58 yards you would receive 5 points, 71 yards would be 7, 110 yards would be 11, etc...

- RECEIVING =
    -Receiving TD = 6 points
    - Receiving yards = 10 yards = 1 point
    Example: if your WR, TE or RB (rarely a QBvia trick play) has 66 receiving yards you would receive 6 points, 71 yards would be 7 points and 122 yards would be 12 points.
    - PPR = Points Per Reception. Each Reception = 0.5 points.
    Example = your player has 2 catches you would receive 1 point, 7 catches would receive 3.5 points, etc...
    - I'm thinking the 0.5 point PPR system is the most fair and most fun. A full point can be a bit overkill in my opinion. But the half point makes it a little more exciting.
    just to be clear, there are no partial points for all offensive yards? ex. 7 rushing yards = 0.7 points? 58 yards is not 5.8points? this eliminates the closest games. for example, in a crazy scenario 2 RB's, 2 WR's and a TE can all only gain 9yards each one horrible Sunday and that equals 0 points? partial points in this scenario would total 4.5points. it wouldn't mean anything in a blowout or solid win, but could mean the difference in a close game. i could go either way on this and just wanna know what's expected so i don't smash my phone if i lose by a score of 1.6 or somethign like that Lol.

KICKERS

- Field Goals (successful field goal attempts generate points based on yardage of kick)
    - FG 0-39 yards = 3 points
    - FG 40-49 yards = 4 points
    - FG 50+ yards = 50 points
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Thanks

I have an extremely important question: what's our league name????

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast