Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,820

1 members and 2,819 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Thread: rack system

Thanks

rack system

I am looking to get a rack system and was wondering what was the best rack for a new hobbyist to get for the money. I am sure there is a thread about this already but i couldn't find.

Thanks
    It might help to say what size tubs you want to use and how many? This could be for hatchlings, adults, different species... can't tell from the information given.

That said, Animal Plastics seems popular but also seems to have a long wait time. If you need a rack soonish I would maybe look at ReptileBasics or Vivarium Electronics racks (LLLReptiles sells both).

Thanks
    If you are handy, you could always build your own as well. It all depends on how many snakes you are trying to house as well as size restraints you have.
    1.0: Honey Bee | Lesser | Banana Pastel Enchi | Clown 66% Het Albino
    0.1: Kingpin | x2 Mojave | Super Pastel HGW | Albino | Sterling Mojave Pinstripe | GHI Pewter | Pastel Het Clown | Sable 66% Het Clown

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Turbo Serpent For This Useful Post:

MR Snakes (12-09-2018)

Thanks
    I'd also be interested to know this. In my research, Animal Plastics seems to be the best bang for the buck, but it's still quite pricey (up to $530 for 12 racks with heating). I may try to DIY my own for the time being, until we can afford a nicer setup.

Thanks

Re: rack system

Look on craigslist or a reptile facebook group. I just got two 12pc 12quart racks and an Animal Plastics 10pc 32quart rack for 300$ with heat.

Thanks

Re: rack system

If you want to save money to get started the best thing to do is build your own..you can buy 28gt,and 41gt tubs at wall mart for cheap. After you get going into the hobby I’d suggest buying a freedom breeder rack..that’s my next goal. I built my racks and use tubs from Walmart and everything works great. Once I get some money together I’ll invest in a freedom breeder rack. But to start out I’d suggest building your own then you can make it as high as you want and wide as you want.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Depends on a few things, the number one consideration is ambient temp in the room where the rack will be kept, if below 75 an enclosed rack will be the best option which means PVC as far as the 3 top companies in my book you have C-Serpents, Animal Plastics and Reptile Basics.

If your room temp is 75 and up you can also consider open racks such as ARS or Freedom breeder, a little pricier but great rack, also I do prefer Freedom Breeder since their racks are stainless still and will not rust over time, (ARS are not and are just powder coated which over the years can chip and rust)
    Deborah Stewart

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

chelytoad (01-10-2021),MR Snakes (12-09-2018)