Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,247

3 members and 3,244 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,825 Times in 11,844 Posts
    I like to "sing the praises" for products of quality that meet/exceed expectations, but remember one other thing: sometimes things change over time, and
    companies no longer maintain such sterling quality control or they start cutting corners. I have to wonder if that's what may have happened with the OP's
    Jumpstart, since others have apparently had good results with them. Sometimes brands get sold & manufacturing changes, & we don't always notice the
    'fine print'.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

EL-Ziggy (07-15-2018)

Thanks
    My QT Rack runs a jumpstart, but my main rack runs a VE-200. Like everyone else has said it is all dependent on you and what you can afford or have access to. However if you plan to breed, DO NOT use a jumpstart for your incubator, the on/off style of regulation is a big no-no and will ruin a clutch. The pulse style regulation that comes on the bigger stats is better and maintains a solid temperature.
    1.0: Honey Bee | Lesser | Banana Pastel Enchi | Clown 66% Het Albino
    0.1: Kingpin | x2 Mojave | Super Pastel HGW | Albino | Sterling Mojave Pinstripe | GHI Pewter | Pastel Het Clown | Sable 66% Het Clown

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Turbo Serpent For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (07-16-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 1,076 Posts
    I have my jumpstart from May 2017 still running fine and also Odyn's from October. I'm also checking temps regularly. I love mine but will switch up when I get the t10's
    ~Sunny~
    Booplesnoop
    Coilsome, Odyn, & Eeden AKA theLittleOne

0:1 Pastel Het Red Day Chocolate
    1:0 Normal
    0:0:1 Pueblan milk snake

*~* Nothing sticky (tape, stick on gauges, Velcro) goes into your enclosure! Again...NOTHING sticky goes into your enclosure....EVER! *~*

Thanks

Re: Jumpstart thermostat

Thanks everyone for feedback. Not bashing the Jumpstart thermostat. I am so glad it is and has been working for some of y’all so long. And while I’m sure it may have just been something wrong with that particular one I got, it scared me bc I don’t ever want that to happen and my BP ends up getting burned or worse. That is why I’d rather just go ahead and get a Herpstat now. 🙂

Thanks

I have 2 jumpstarts that have been running over a year with no issues, and one that was another brand and failed after a few months. The jumpstarts are on gecko tanks with the ultatherm heat mats so the risk is minimal. I got a herpstat for Astrid's tub because I was struggling with consistent temps for her and I am planning to get her a t8 at some point.
    Last edited by reptilemom25; 07-16-2018 at 11:13 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,179 Times in 575 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    I like to "sing the praises" for products of quality that meet/exceed expectations, but remember one other thing: sometimes things change over time, and
    companies no longer maintain such sterling quality control or they start cutting corners. I have to wonder if that's what may have happened with the OP's
    Jumpstart, since others have apparently had good results with them. Sometimes brands get sold & manufacturing changes, & we don't always notice the
    'fine print'.
    I have 2 jumpstarts (1 from earlier this month for a QT tub) and one from last year that are both working well. If quality standards are dropping, then maybe I just got lucky or got older units from Amazon. Just thought I'd throw in a few more recent ones that are doing well still.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12