Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 921

2 members and 919 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: May be rescuing Brazilian rainbow boa- tips?

I second that. They are pretty feisty as babies, but just so cool and cute. And they keep getting more and more beautiful as they grow. And they stay a pretty manageable size. You should totally get one!!!
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa - Sir Hiss🎩🐍
    0.1 Pastel Ball Python - Exzahrah
    0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Nymeria
    0.1 Suriname Red Tail BCC- Sascha
    0.1 WT Ball Python- Ariana
    1.0 Bumblebee Ball Python- Fabio

WISHLIST:
    Dumerils Boa
    Candino BP
    Granite IJ Carpet Python
    White Lipped Python
    Komodo Dragon

"​Normal is just a setting on the washing machine..."

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Re: May be rescuing Brazilian rainbow boa- tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Arirang View Post
    I'd definitely be open to having a water feature. I'd probably move Nagini to the bedroom and have that in the living room, if I did that.

The guy, however, hasn't been answering my texts, so I'm going to hazard a guess that the snake has either passed or been re-homed... If the latter, hopefully to a good home. Either way, kinda sucks, because they're beautiful and have a good disposition and are something I'd /never/ be able to afford on my own lol

I'll keep everyone posted!
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
    Hopefully the snake went to a good home!
    Don't give up, you can get a rainbow eventually if you do want one, they aren't *too* expensive. You should be able to find one from a reputable breeder for about $150 to $200 no problem.
    They are wonderful snakes to keep!
    I was looking before I got Juice around New Years. There are some beautiful normals avail from top breeders for under $250, I think $225 and lower if my memory is correct.

Honestly, I'd be more concerned about vet bills with this snake if you got it. Vet bills would likely cost you more than purchasing a healthy animal from a reputable breeder.

Thanks
    we love our BRB, got it at petco on one of their 50% off sales. I made a large 55 gallon enclosure, sealed it up pretty good, put in a false bottom and made a vivarium, almost swamp like. they need lots of humidity, have waxy scales that can handle being underground in wet conditions/rainforest. they are considered semi arboreal but they are under ground dwelling for the most part. Nothing they sell at petco comes close to providing an adequate environment. our started out not much thicker than a pencil and is now 6' and in excellent health, never a single issue.
    "Keep in mind I am sharing what I have learned and what my experiences have taught me. I am not an expert, and it's always good to weigh varying perspectives... Doing it "correctly" often means balancing what works for others with what works for you, given your parameters and observations."

Family Critter List: Bumblebee BP, Fire Spider BP, Brazillian Rainbow Boa, Planted Aquarium, Red-Foot Tortoise, Dwarf Hamster, Holland Lop Rabbit, 6 egg laying chickens, 37 in freezer camp, last but not least Flap Jack, our Pit mix rescue dog who keeps everyone in line.

Thanks

Unhappy Re: May be rescuing Brazilian rainbow boa- tips?

Sounds like she went to someone else and later passed away due to poor care in the new home. Makes me so mad... Thanks anyways

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12