Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,800

1 members and 2,799 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    I always fed mine about weekly or every other week until they hit the year mark, then I bumped it back a bit. I fed my adults every 3 weeks. My largest female would eat rabbits just slightly bigger than the largest part of her body with no issue. Don't be alarmed if it doesn't poop very often, I don't have any experience with pbs but my bloods could go for quite some time without pooping.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kristan For This Useful Post:

Aedryan Methyus (07-13-2018),Craiga 01453 (07-13-2018)

BPnet Senior Member GoingPostal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 723 Posts
    I do weekly up to a year, then every two weeks, then every three weeks once they are on mediums or larger. Mine are mostly males and non breeders, they usually get a medium prey every three weeks or a large once a month, the oldest are 4-5 years old and sitting about 7-8#.

2.0 Python brongersmai
    1.1 Python breitensteini
    1.0 Python curtus
    1.0.1 Python regius
    1.0 Acrantophis dumerili
    1.0 Boa constrictor
    0.1 Heterodon nasiscus nasiscus
    0.0.1 Pantherophis guttatus

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoingPostal For This Useful Post:

Aedryan Methyus (07-13-2018),Craiga 01453 (07-13-2018)

Thanks

Re: Questuon, Blood python feeding chart/schedule

Quote Originally Posted by GoingPostal View Post
    I do weekly up to a year, then every two weeks, then every three weeks once they are on mediums or larger. Mine are mostly males and non breeders, they usually get a medium prey every three weeks or a large once a month, the oldest are 4-5 years old and sitting about 7-8#.
    Wow... So, your full grown 4 - 5 year old adults are only weighing in around 7 - 8 pounds? Don't most Bloods generally weigh around 15 - 20 pounds as adults? I've seen ones that were even 40 + pounds that weren't obese... I feel like I might be feeding mine a little too conservatively since i'm trying to get them all up to breeding size. I guess you're maintenance feeding, because you aren't planning on breeding them, huh? I should probably be putting the food to my 3 year old girl a lot more right now, because she could theoretically be ready to breed by fall. But, her boyfriend is the one that has had some regurgitation issues and he is under size, because I keep having to take him off of food. There is no way I could have him big enough to breed by fall, so i'm not pushing her...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Aedryan Methyus For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (07-13-2018)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aedryan Methyus View Post
    Wow... So, your full grown 4 - 5 year old adults are only weighing in around 7 - 8 pounds? Don't most Bloods generally weigh around 15 - 20 pounds as adults? I've seen ones that were even 40 + pounds that weren't obese... I feel like I might be feeding mine a little too conservatively since i'm trying to get them all up to breeding size. I guess you're maintenance feeding, because you aren't planning on breeding them, huh? I should probably be putting the food to my 3 year old girl a lot more right now, because she could theoretically be ready to breed by fall. But, her boyfriend is the one that has had some regurgitation issues and he is under size, because I keep having to take him off of food. There is no way I could have him big enough to breed by fall, so i'm not pushing her...
    Even on my version of a heavier feeding schedule, I don't breed females until 4-5 years of age. Bloods take longer than ball pythons to mature to breeding age, generally. At 3, they are still usually growing pretty quickly.

Oh, and how long was a 40+ lb non-obese blood? Just asking out of curiosity, because I have a large girl, 6'9" who is 32 lbs and she's not even lean.
    Last edited by aahmn; 07-14-2018 at 08:07 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to aahmn For This Useful Post:

Aedryan Methyus (07-15-2018)

BPnet Senior Member GoingPostal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 723 Posts
    I consider it conservative, not maintenance but maybe either or. I doubt they are full grown, more slow grown. Neither is over four feet and right about 7.5# according to me holding them standing on a scale lol. I think the majority of snakes are vastly overfed and with their slow metabolism and low activity level, that there's no reason to offer larger prey or more often. You can't tell obesity level by outside appearance until they are ungodly fat.

2.0 Python brongersmai
    1.1 Python breitensteini
    1.0 Python curtus
    1.0.1 Python regius
    1.0 Acrantophis dumerili
    1.0 Boa constrictor
    0.1 Heterodon nasiscus nasiscus
    0.0.1 Pantherophis guttatus

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoingPostal For This Useful Post:

Aedryan Methyus (07-15-2018),Craiga 01453 (07-15-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aahmn View Post
    Even on my version of a heavier feeding schedule, I don't breed females until 4-5 years of age. Bloods take longer than ball pythons to mature to breeding age, generally. At 3, they are still usually growing pretty quickly.

Oh, and how long was a 40+ lb non-obese blood? Just asking out of curiosity, because I have a large girl, 6'9" who is 32 lbs and she's not even lean.
    One in particular that comes to mind belonged to Garrett Hartle. She is 7' 7" long and about 60 pounds. Here is a video of her:

That's a big ole' girl you have, too, Aahmn! You should share some photos of her!

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedryan Methyus View Post
    One in particular that comes to mind belonged to Garrett Hartle. She is 7' 7" long and about 60 pounds. Here is a video of her:

That's a big ole' girl you have, too, Aahmn! You should share some photos of her!
    I've seen that video, that girl is a beast!! A beautiful beast!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12