Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
It's the buyers job to know what they buy same when they buy a dog they should know everything about the breed they are about to purchase whether there are known issues or not whether the breed fit their lifestyle or not

There is no excuse for buyers not to educate themselves about ALL aspect of their future pets (care, genetic etc)

What do I ask

Hatch Date

Weight

Prey type

Lineage (depending on the mutation)

And that's it, I can draw my own conclusion from that.

I would recommend buyers to ask the same and to ask how the animal will be shipped (if the breeder does not have much of a reputation), if it is not shipped priority overnight via Fedex, than they should walk. It's a given because when buying from reputable breeder but now with all the people breeding (not so much)
It's also the sellers responsibility to ensure they are giving the animal to a suitable keeper as far as is reasonably possible. That includes giving full disclosure to the buyer in all areas of the animal's background so that it doesn't end up on Craig's List when something potentially undesirable shows up. This is for the animal's welfare.

Obviously people are not always honest when they buy animals but that doesn't negate the fact that they shouldn't just be sold to anyone.

Also, with multi gene animals, how can a newbie be expected to know exactly what genes are in the animal? With the amount of genes in the Ball python hobby thats completely unrealistic. The responsibility for passing that information on lies with the seller.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk