Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,032

2 members and 3,030 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: OMG! Thought this would NEVER Happen

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    I'm not great at all the morphs nowadays .. Is that a Toffino ?

I saw one for a sale recently at a giveaway price of £100 but I deliberated too long

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    yes, you are correct. It's a Toffino (some might say a Candino). He's been really holding his color well and I've heard they continue to show their vibrant colors as they mature.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ckuhn003 For This Useful Post:

Zincubus (07-09-2018)

Thanks

Beautiful snakey! I am mega paranoid of my snake escaping... especially because I have a cat. I'm ever so glad he was found quickly without you having to dump flour all over the floor and follow his tracks.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glasspassages For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (07-10-2018),ckuhn003 (07-11-2018)

Thanks

I had an escapee once. A young snake less than 300 gms. I tore the house apart and couldn't find her. After a few days I figured it was a dead snake, as it was winter and the temp in my house near the floor was in the low sixties.

After a few weeks I ordered a replacement for her from a breeder. As luck would have it, a few nights later I found her when I got up to go to the bathroom, slithering across the kitchen floor.
    (I thus ended up with two females of the same morph)

The interesting thing about this is that I measured her temperature with my heat gun. It was 90 degrees! The only accessible heat source in my house would have been somewhere in internal mechanism of the refrigerator near the heat pump. She was living in there and doing fine, probably caught one or two of the mice that invade my place. These little guys are resourceful!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ScottS For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (07-11-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ScottS View Post
    I had an escapee once. A young snake less than 300 gms. I tore the house apart and couldn't find her. After a few days I figured it was a dead snake, as it was winter and the temp in my house near the floor was in the low sixties.

After a few weeks I ordered a replacement for her from a breeder. As luck would have it, a few nights later I found her when I got up to go to the bathroom, slithering across the kitchen floor.

The interesting thing about this is that I measured her temperature with my heat gun. It was 90 degrees! The only accessible heat source in my house would have been somewhere in internal mechanism of the refrigerator near the heat pump. She was living in there and doing fine, probably caught one or two of the mice that invade my place. These little guys are resourceful!
    Wow! Thanks for sharing this story.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,739 Times in 11,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ScottS View Post

Resourceful survivors yes, but they can also get killed by refrigerator motors etc. so it's not something you ever want to put your pet to the test on. So glad yours
    was OK though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12