Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,566

3 members and 1,563 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Ball Python went from eating to not eating for over a month!!

Quote Originally Posted by ssecrest77 View Post
    Ok, so I turned the VE-100 down to 90 just because even though that may still be high the Reptichip seems to block some of the heat. Hopefully he’ll end up happier.
    Could you please go out and get a laser temp gun? This way you can measure the temperature exactly on top of the substrate and dial up or down precisely to maintain the correct temps.

In my opinion the temp gun is really a "must have".... i am sure others would agree. It certainly helped me to make sure temps are correct all around.

Good Luck

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alilak For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (07-08-2018),MissterDog (07-08-2018),Sonny1318 (07-09-2018),Zincubus (07-09-2018)

Thanks

When I know my snakes are about to shed I up the humidity to ensure there is no issue with stuck shed. I just mist with a spray bottle and room temperature or warm water. It's super useful and never had any issues.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    1.0: Honey Bee | Lesser | Banana Pastel Enchi | Clown 66% Het Albino
    0.1: Kingpin | x2 Mojave | Super Pastel HGW | Albino | Sterling Mojave Pinstripe | GHI Pewter | Pastel Het Clown | Sable 66% Het Clown

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Turbo Serpent For This Useful Post:

Zincubus (07-09-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alilak View Post
    Could you please go out and get a laser temp gun? This way you can measure the temperature exactly on top of the substrate and dial up or down precisely to maintain the correct temps.

In my opinion the temp gun is really a "must have".... i am sure others would agree. It certainly helped me to make sure temps are correct all around.

Good Luck
    Love this suggestion !!

They should make it compulsory to but one of those temp guns with every new snake ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

glasspassages (07-10-2018),Sonny1318 (07-09-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Nothing has changed since he went from a 20 gallon long to the T8 and that’s been over 8 months. I feed small to medium live rats. The temperatures are 73-76 on the cool side, 97-99 on the hot and the humidity between 60% and 70%. And lastly, I use reptichip as substrate and he seems to like it. On the assist in shedding, when I see the skin start pulling off or away from his body I usually end up peeling it all off just to get it off quicker, but that shouldn’t have anything with him not eating???

I think that’s it. He lives the life of a king, but yet isn’t eating. Hopefully he will eventually.
    I'm not sure of the snake size but medium RATS for a yearling seems a bit on the big side ??

Suppose if the yearling is a good size though .... ??

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

Sonny1318 (07-09-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    I'm not sure of the snake size but medium RATS for a yearling seems a bit on the big side ??

Suppose if the yearling is a good size though .... ??

my female just turned a year two days ago and she takes a med. every 6 days... she's 1000g and almost 4ft lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jcorsaletti For This Useful Post:

Zincubus (07-09-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    He's hardly living the life of a king. He's lucky to be alive. Hot side temps are at least 8 degrees too hot and cool side shouldn't drop below 75.

Don't even get me started on you peeling his skin, nobody helps them in the wild, they know how to shed.
    Id' just like to say my cool side stays at about 72 and my snake thrives at that temp. snakes are not robots, they do not all live by the same by-the-book recommendations. also instead of "don't even get me started" how about being kind and trying to educate a new snake owner? I'm sure you knew EVERYTHING when you got your first snake.....

Thanks

So, I have a male banana ball who is over a year old and has NEVER missed a meal until about a month ago. I usually help peel his shed off and then feed him, but a little over a month ago, he decided to stop eating. Everything is perfect, temps, humidity, everything. I even bought him a T8 at a show and he still was eating. I feed live and have considered buying him a gerbil if he doesn’t eat soon. He’s currently at 1032g. He lost 20g in a week. Any information or advice is appreciated. Thanks!

also- as everyone has already said, NEVER peel your snakes skin off. up your humidity if you're "helping" him shed every time. that is not healthy and quite damaging to your snake.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jcorsaletti View Post
    Id' just like to say my cool side stays at about 72 and my snake thrives at that temp. snakes are not robots, they do not all live by the same by-the-book recommendations. also instead of "don't even get me started" how about being kind and trying to educate a new snake owner? I'm sure you knew EVERYTHING when you got your first snake.....

You've had 1 snake for about 5 months, you don't have the experience to know of a snake is thriving.
    They are VERY good at hiding illness, and have no way of telling you if something is off.
    Last edited by Craiga 01453; 07-09-2018 at 11:01 AM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (07-09-2018),rottn (07-09-2018),Sonny1318 (07-09-2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12