Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,937

1 members and 1,936 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: What is your dream snake and why?

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    Ok, I know the first and third. Unfamiliar with that stunning black, white and yellow smokeshow though. What is it?
    I think it's a Wagler's Pit Viper.
    Too Many...

That's what my wife says

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PiperPython For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (07-08-2018),RickyNY (07-08-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Well, I feel my collection is complete (within reason). I have all my dream snakes that I would realistically get.

When I was 10 (1990), I wanted an Albino BP. At the time they were something like $25K in 1990's money. At 10, that wasn't happening. Good thing, as I had much to learn about proper husbandry, respect, etc.

So when I went hardcore back into reptile keeping as an adult, I got Shayna, my Albino Spider Ball Python. I love her and she's an awesome snake. Plus, I got my dream snake, an albino BP. So, crossed that off the list.

Secondly, uneducated me thought Boa Constrictors were difficult to care for and got huge, 10-12FT huge, not 6-8FT huge like a female BCI. All I had heard of or seen were BCC's, who do get bigger than BCI's, but even then, a 12FT BCC is very rare. I was simply uninformed.

Last year when I starting researching, and was planning on buying a Boaphile Plastics tank stack setup anyway, I realized even a female BCI was an attainable snake for me. With the proper enclosure, the knowledge I already had (and was willing to attain), the experience I already had, the desire to have a "big" snake, and the willingness and space to get a 6X2' tank stack instead of a 4X2' or 5X2', it could become a reality. So, I got 1 year old Behira, at all of 430G, and fulfilled my dream of Boa ownership (she's a Ghost BCI, het moonglow).

Finally, I've been dreaming of a scaleless snake since they were introduced in the early 2010's. They seem so unique to me and just pop color and pattern wise! I didn't want a texas rat as they can be finicky when it comes to temperament and a scaleless BP is a little rich for my blood! Is it 1990 all over again? So Katie and I settled on a beautiful Scaleless, Sunglow (red factor), Motley, Corn, Solana. We got her 3 weeks ago and she is doing great! She just shed and is amazing beautiful and docile (already). Just like Figment, her big brother who is an adult Hypo Lavender Corn. He's awesome, but wasn't a dream snake, just an awesome pet.

I now feel my snake collection, and reptile collection (complete with dream lizard Frank - BTS, and 3 killer morph Leopard Geckos), is complete, within reason.

I say within reason because I do not want a snake bigger than Behira will be. I am happy with my dream BP - Shayna, but don't need another BP. I am also incredibly happy with Solana and Figment and it doesn't hurt than Solana is the first in the world with her visual traits and genetics. Pretty cool. I know it won't last, but fun for now.

However, if I could have any snake, and care requirements (space, etc) or my ability as a snake keeper were not an issue, I would want a Burmese Python. They are stunning to me, especially the albino Burmese. Although out there, I have met quite a few, and have yet to find one that isn't a gentle giant. So, if I had a herpetologist living with me, or owned a zoo, I would definitely love an albino Burmese. That's my unattainable dream snake.

A little long winded here, but I hope I was descriptive.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (07-08-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 602 Posts

Ultimate dream snake because I will probably never own it: green anaconda. Would love to have the funds and space to get one and set it up in a enclosure the size of someone's living room. Far-fetched, unrealistic pipe dream.

On a more realistic note, I think a vietnamese blue beauty snake would do it for me. I plan to get one way, way in the future, hopefully when owning a house is an actual thing and not just something that "may happen". I'm also in love with diamond and bredli pythons.

Those boelen's might be more tempting if we knew more about what works for them -- I'd rather have an animal i know that can thrive in my care. Maybe in the future, but for right now I'll leave the interest to y'all.
    0.1 Red Axanthic P. regius | Mazikeen
    E. climacophora | Lan Fan
    C. paulsoni | Inej

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Starscream For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (07-08-2018)

Thanks
    If a "dream snake" is a snake you can never get, then I think I've been using the term wrong. Most of the snakes I've thought of as dream snakes up until now are actually "goal" snakes, snakes that I can breed with enough time and luck, or possibly afford one day if I were able to save up more.

But if we were to define it as a snake that I can't ever reasonably expect to own, I'd have to go with a Pied Burmese Python. I've only seen a few pictures of them, but they're gorgeous. They probably cost a small fortune too. I'm not set up for snakes that big, but even if I were I've never seen any for sale in the states. As far as I can tell they're somewhere in Europe. Guess I'll have to move overseas if I ever want one, or have it imported.

But if we're talking snakes I could get with enough money and the proper equipment then:

BPs - Panda Pied, Sunset, Wookie

Snowwhite Rosy Boas

Motley Goldenchild Retic

Dominican Red Mountain Boa (normal and calico)

Viper Boas

I'd also like to get into blood pythons, sand boas, and sunbeam snakes, but money isn't the issue there. Just space, time, and learning their husbandry. I've got my hands full at the moment.
    ~ Ball Pythons - Rosy Boas - - Western Hognose Snakes - Mexican Black Kingsnakes - Corn Snakes ~

Check me out on iHerp, Instagram, & visit my store!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 775 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PiperPython View Post
    I think it's a Wagler's Pit Viper.
    Winner winner chicken dinner
    1.0 Freddy -Python Regius
    Darby -Boa Imperator
    Kenny -Morelia Bredli
    La Reina -Lampropeltis Californiae
    1.0 Luciano -Drymarchon Melanurus Unicolor
    0.1 Macarena -Heterodon Nasicus Nasicus
    1.0 Hugo -Morelia Spilota Mcdowelli

Morelia Mafia For Life

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Lots of really great choices there. Is great to see some still reaching for great future snakes and others have already achieved their dream snake.

Thanks

I too envision a dream snake as being something that I do one day plan on getting. For me, if I had to pick one last snake for the rest of my life, it would be a captive bred Tanahmerah locality Southern white lipped python. The iridescence and face on those guys just drive me out of my mind, and I do enjoy a bit of a challenge. My goal to own one is in the next 5 years, hoping and praying that by then captive bred will be more available on the market.

Not really a dream snake, but my absolute favorite snake would also have to be the King Cobra. That face is the most bada$$ thing I've ever seen. They're like the Velociraptors of the snake world (did a Jurassic Park/World binge this past weekend, my head is still in dinosaur land lol)
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa - Sir Hiss🎩🐍
    0.1 Pastel Ball Python - Exzahrah
    0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Nymeria
    0.1 Suriname Red Tail BCC- Sascha
    0.1 WT Ball Python- Ariana
    1.0 Bumblebee Ball Python- Fabio

WISHLIST:
    Dumerils Boa
    Candino BP
    Granite IJ Carpet Python
    White Lipped Python
    Komodo Dragon

"​Normal is just a setting on the washing machine..."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 531 Posts

The two I want don't exist yet. I'd love to have a male super dwarf retic in platinum/titanium or mochino morphs.
    Silent Hill Reptiles and Rodents
    https://www.silenthillreptiles.com/

1.4 Carpet pythons
    15.21 Corn snakes
    1.1 of SD reticulated pythons, cali kings,black house snakes,trans-pecos,northern pines
    1.2 Japanese rat, 1.3 natrix n. natrix
    6.1 Balls, 1.0 orange Halloween ATB, 1.0 bci

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Not a SD but a stunner for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by 67temp View Post
    The two I want don't exist yet. I'd love to have a male super dwarf retic in platinum/titanium or mochino morphs.

Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234