Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,301

1 members and 1,300 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Ball Python breeder recommendation

Any recommendation for a good breeder that sells Blue Eye Leucistic and Piebald morphs? Looking for pet quality, not planning to breed. Just trying to get an idea for when I have the time for new additions. Maybe in about a year or so.

I have The Jungle, Snakes at Sunset, Strictly Reptiles and XYZ Reptiles closer to me. What do you think of these vendors? Although Underground Reptiles is close to my area, I don't want to buy their live pets anymore... My kingsnake was a lucky buy but I am not confident with the next purchase based on how the snakes are kept.

Lastly, I see a lot of BEL being advertised as Banana BEL. Does that mean it would grow yellowish/cream coloring as it gets older? Sorry for the stupid question. That is why I have no desire to try breeding lol.

Thanks

Re: Ball Python breeder recommendation

I don't have any suggestions unfortunately, but I'm assuming youre a fellow south Floridian lol the jungle is my go to reptile shop. I've never gotten an animal from them, but get all my feeders there. Its a pretty good shop from my experience. And I agree on underground reptiles. I used to shop there, but way overpriced and I don't like what I have seen as far as how they treat their animals.

I'm pretty sure there's a repticon coming up soon in WPB, end of July. You might want to check that out before you commit to a snake.

Good luck

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts
    I highly advise against "Snakes at Sunset" based on personal experience.

Sounds like you are not too far from me. I recomend Deb on this board for pied. There are a couple of us on here that make BEL's. I'm not sure about the Banana BEL combo. I don't do Banana.
    Honest, I only need one more ...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (07-05-2018),Stewart_Reptiles (07-05-2018)

Thanks
    I don't know anything about Strictly or XYZ, but Snakes at Sunset seems to have generally good reviews on the Fauna Classifieds Board of Inquiry (been looking into them as well). I second Deb also- you can find her pieds under Stewart Reptiles on Morph Market. Dynasty Reptiles, which is where my snake came from, does have some BELs, but they are all banana BELs, and I am not sure if that means they will yellow out or not. They do have lots of banana pieds, but being a newer morph, those are pretty pricey. Justin Kobylka has a pied that's 66% het lavender, but all of his other pieds are newer morphs and thus very pricey as well.

Your best bet is to go through Morph Market and find some snakes you like, then look up the person or company on Fauna Classifieds BOI and see what kind of reviews they have, as well as check the health and shipping guarantees. A lot of the more well-known breeders with good reputations have sold out of most of their stock, and won't have any pieds or BELs again until their clutches start hatching.
    1.0 Banana/Coral Glow Emperor Pin BP- Horatio
    0.1 Hypo Black Pewter Butter- Gin & Tonic (Ginny)
    1.0 Piebald Cat- Percival Henry

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    I havent heard much good about Sunset or Underground,
    And I've heard mixed reviews on XYZ and The Jungle.

Our fellow member Deborah is fantastic and produces some amazing pieds.

If Jodan has some BELsthis year I'd feel very confident purchasing from him as well.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

JodanOrNoDan (07-05-2018),Stewart_Reptiles (07-05-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesenugget View Post
    Any recommendation for a good breeder that sells Blue Eye Leucistic and Piebald morphs? Looking for pet quality, not planning to breed. Just trying to get an idea for when I have the time for new additions. Maybe in about a year or so.

I have The Jungle, Snakes at Sunset, Strictly Reptiles and XYZ Reptiles closer to me. What do you think of these vendors? Although Underground Reptiles is close to my area, I don't want to buy their live pets anymore... My kingsnake was a lucky buy but I am not confident with the next purchase based on how the snakes are kept.

Lastly, I see a lot of BEL being advertised as Banana BEL. Does that mean it would grow yellowish/cream coloring as it gets older? Sorry for the stupid question. That is why I have no desire to try breeding lol.
    BHB had some pieds, have not checked lately though because I already found what I was looking for.
    ~Annie
    ~

Thanks

I purchased an Ultra Jungle BP from Vin Russo of Cutting Edge Herp a few months ago at the White Plains, NY reptile show and I couldn't be happier with our little girl.

I didn't know much about him at the time, but subsequently learned that he is frequently credited with developing the BEL morph.

His prices at the show were in line with prices that I have seen from other breeders.

http://www.cuttingedgeherp.com/

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to larryd23 For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (07-05-2018),Wayneh (07-06-2018)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by larryd23 View Post
    I purchased an Ultra Jungle BP from Vin Russo of Cutting Edge Herp a few months ago at the White Plains, NY reptile show and I couldn't be happier with our little girl.

I didn't know much about him at the time, but subsequently learned that he is frequently credited with developing the BEL morph.

His prices at the show were in line with prices that I have seen from other breeders.

http://www.cuttingedgeherp.com/
    He's a legend in the industry, certainly can't go wrong with a Vin Russo animal.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

larryd23 (07-06-2018)