Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,700

1 members and 2,699 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,034
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jeremymichels
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Keep at it, it can take a while. With my carpet python, after she didn't eat the mouse-scented rat I let her wait another 1-2 days and tried again with the rat and and mouse stored together in a plastic bag so the smell could keep soaking in. I also tried braining which I'd read about, puncture the skull of a f/t pinky and squeeze some brain juice on the rat. Supposedly this is an attractive scent to them. Repeat for several weeks...

Anyway, I went through several mice during the conversion and it was really annoying but finally after a month or so she's taking rats no problem.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dboeren For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (07-18-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,489 Times in 2,686 Posts

Re: Juice took his first F/T meal since being in my care

If you have snakes that can thrive for life on mice, chicks, asf's, or rats then keep it simple and feed them whatever they want. For those with larger snakes that need to be on rats, or if you need your animal to eat f/t because you don't have access to live feeders, you have to stay the course. If your temps are dialed in and you know your snake isn't sick just wait them out. We've all given in/up at some point and offered another chick, mouse, or live prey item that the snake prefers but if you really want your snake to eat rats then only offer rats. If you really want your snake to eat f/t then only offer f/t. Trust me, they will get the message sooner or later.

I've developed a foolproof feeding system over the years with a 100% success rate. It's guaranteed to work with any animal species. The DVD normally sells for $9.99 but I'm going to share the secret with all of you for free . It's called the Tough Love Approach or TLA for short. It's an eat or starve regiment and I can proudly say that I haven't had one animal starve yet. Our motto here is, " Time is on our side and Hunger Always Wins". I've had voracious kings, bulls, and carpets go off feed. When I first got into the hobby I'd worry about every missed meal and drove myself mad when my king took his first extended food break for 3 months. I tried all the go-to tricks. Scenting, braining, live prey, etc. All to little or no avail. Through extensive study and research, countless sleepless nights, manically checking temps and constantly second guessing myself, I've come to realize that they're just doing what snakes do and they'll eat when they want to. They'll also eat anything if they're hungry enough and those survival instincts kick in. Remember, Time is on your side and Hunger ALWAYS Wins.
    For those of you that would still like the DVD please PM me. We have a special today for $5.99 per copy. Call now and we'll throw in the advanced "Get Tougher" DVD for free. Just pay separate shipping and handling. Unlimited supplies available.
    Last edited by EL-Ziggy; 07-18-2018 at 11:20 AM.
    3.0 Carpet Pythons, 1.1 Bullsnakes
    1.0 Olive Python 1.0 Scrub Python,
    1.0 BI, 0.1 BCO

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EL-Ziggy For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (07-18-2018),Endymion (07-18-2018),pretends2bnormal (07-18-2018),Starscream (07-18-2018)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    @El-Ziggy,
    That's exactly what I did to get him on F/T. If he doesn't switch over before his next shed, I'm going to wait him out and offer rats after he sheds. He'll be hungry enough to take one eventually.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123