Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,888

3 members and 2,885 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    I may need to just more than one, I can't decide

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dboeren For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (07-03-2018)

Thanks

Re: Choosing: Blood, Borneo, Sumatran

Quote Originally Posted by aahmn View Post
    I snapped a quick trio shot of yearlings of the 3 species - the Borneo is a little younger, I think, and obviously growing a little more slowly.

Maybe it will help with your decision, or you'll have to get one of each!

Borneos come out a lot smaller then the other two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Choosing: Blood, Borneo, Sumatran

Quote Originally Posted by dboeren View Post
    Do you like Borneos best based on appearance or behavior?

Tomorrow I think I'm going to have the opportunity to see all three species in person which I think will help a lot.

Right now I like the Bloods with good red, like the Marter line or even some of the T+ albinos. I think the orange-head Sumatrans are pretty cool looking too as well as the all-black or black & silver ones with red/orange eyes. Borneos look really clean and elegant, I tried looking up some pics of the blue ghosts but they look sort of grayish online, maybe the color just doesn't photograph well.

One I hatched out a few years ago

my breeder male blue ghost

Last edited by Goode05; 07-03-2018 at 07:22 AM.

Thanks

Honey ghost. Borneos >>>> Bloods & SSTP

Thanks
    Well, I think I'm going to start out with an orange-head Sumatran. I'll also be attending the Daytona show and may end up getting another short tail of some sort depending on what I find there.

I'll post pics once I have anything to show

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dboeren For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (07-05-2018),GoingPostal (07-05-2018)

Thanks
    Update...

I've got my 4x2x1 Boaphile set up with a nice new VE-300 thermostat and it's been holding temp steady at 84 for days with no issues. I'd say it's ready for somebody to move in - or maybe two since I should be able to put two tubs side-by side inside it. I'll need another 4x2x1 eventually but it will take a while before they grow out of 15-16qt containers. Probably best to do one first, then I can pick up a second one down the line unless maybe it's a discount deal buying two from the same breeder.

I've been perusing a lot of online pics and trying to narrow down my options. I've decided that for now, I'm not going to aim for any sort of breeding and I'm going to stay away from higher priced morphs. I'm also sticking to Males for slightly smaller size, though I'd be willing to do a female Sumatran (which are a little smaller than Bloods already).

The down side is that I don't think I'm going to be able to make the Daytona show after all as it turns out my parents will be visiting that weekend, which means I'll be relying on pics and buying online.

So, I'm probably going to get either a high-red normal, a T+, and either one could potentially be a Matrix. There's more selection in 2018 babies but I'd kind of like to get more like a yearling - sometimes when the babies hatch you can find people giving up some holdbacks if you're lucky.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dboeren For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (07-16-2018)

Thanks

Update...

I've got my 4x2x1 Boaphile set up with a nice new VE-300 thermostat and it's been holding temp steady at 84 for days with no issues. I'd say it's ready for somebody to move in - or maybe two since I should be able to put two tubs side-by side inside it. I'll need another 4x2x1 eventually but it will take a while before they grow out of 15-16qt containers. Probably best to do one first, then I can pick up a second one down the line unless maybe it's a discount deal buying two from the same breeder.

I've been perusing a lot of online pics and trying to narrow down my options. I've decided that for now, I'm not going to aim for any sort of breeding and I'm going to stay away from higher priced morphs. I'm also sticking to Males for slightly smaller size, though I'd be willing to do a female Sumatran (which are a little smaller than Bloods already).

The down side is that I don't think I'm going to be able to make the Daytona show after all as it turns out my parents will be visiting that weekend, which means I'll be relying on pics and buying online.

So, I'm probably going to get either a high-red normal, a T+, and either one could potentially be a Matrix. There's more selection in 2018 babies but I'd kind of like to get more like a yearling - sometimes when the babies hatch you can find people giving up some holdbacks if you're lucky.
    The largest snake in my collection is a SSTP.

Thanks

If you're still interested in getting an Orange Head Sumatran, I would get a hold of Steve Tillis at Reptillis Herps. He usually has them available...

Thanks
    Yes, I've been to his page and actually visited him briefly on our way up from Florida but our 7 year old was uncooperative so we had to cut it very short. At the time, I didn't have my vivarium ready yet either so I didn't feel right buying one to take with me as tempted as I was.

Anyway... I think I may be starting off with a T+ Blood from a seller in the FB group - I've got it down to two guys I'm currently talking to and waiting for some pics or a video tonight when the guy gets home from work. We go down to Florida every few months and pass right by his exit so there's a good chance I may pick up something from Steve Tillis as part of a future trip. My first pick of his orange-heads actually got sold, but my 2nd pick is still there.

May also be worth mentioning that he didn't breed anything this season due to starting his Phd this fall so what he has now is all he's going to have for a while.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,898 Times in 2,993 Posts

I may need to just more than one, I can't decide
    Have you considered a Black Blood !?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (07-18-2018),dboeren (07-18-2018)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast