Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ


» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 63,112
Threads: 236,674
Posts: 2,456,312
Top Poster: JLC (31,652)
Welcome to our newest member, EmalieRaye0
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 116
  1. #31
    BPnet Veteran dakski's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-08-2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,052
    Thanks
    2,673
    Thanked 2,973 Times in 1,462 Posts
    Images: 134

    Re: 2018 Male Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname Red Tailed Boa Constrictor Progression

    He's beautiful!

    Love Boa's; inquisitive, but calm and docile. Personality is awesome with boas and they get big, but no unmanageably big. Especially since they are usually so calm.

    Behira, my female BCI, has become my favorite snake to handle. However, she's my least favorite to feed (killer food response), so it balances out . Seriously, she's amazing and so is Leonard! He will grow up to be a very handsome man!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

    jmcrook (07-06-2018)

  3. #32
    BPnet Veteran jmcrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-2016
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,621
    Thanks
    3,109
    Thanked 1,871 Times in 951 Posts
    Images: 13

    2018 Male Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname Red Tailed Boa Constrictor Progression

    Third feeding in the books for Leonard just now. This is his last fuzzy mouse and will move up to hoppers for his next meal.


    And he ate it backwards... goofy critter


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jmcrook; 07-17-2018 at 12:05 AM.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

    Gio (07-17-2018),Sauzo (07-17-2018)

  5. #33
    BPnet Senior Member Gio's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-28-2012
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    3,351
    Thanks
    4,172
    Thanked 3,154 Times in 1,747 Posts

    Re: 2018 Male Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname Red Tailed Boa Constrictor Progression

    Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Third feeding in the books for Leonard just now. This is his last fuzzy mouse and will move up to hoppers for his next meal.


    And he ate it backwards... goofy critter


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Everybody likes it when their snakes grow, but I miss this size now and again!

    There is something unique about little boa constrictors.

    He looks great.
    Last edited by Gio; 07-17-2018 at 12:28 AM.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

    jmcrook (07-17-2018)

  7. #34
    BPnet Veteran jmcrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-2016
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,621
    Thanks
    3,109
    Thanked 1,871 Times in 951 Posts
    Images: 13

    Re: 2018 Male Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname Red Tailed Boa Constrictor Progression

    Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Everybody likes it when their snakes grow, but I miss this size now and again!

    There is something unique about little boa constrictors.

    He looks great.
    I know just what you mean. Iím excited to see him grow over the years but by the time heís bigger I know Iíll miss seeing him as a tiny little red tailed worm. At least this guy will stay smaller for longer than Phyllis and Gerald. If I turn my back for too long it seems like either of them grow a foot before I realize what happened!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #35
    BPnet Veteran Sauzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-26-2014
    Location
    Seattle Washington
    Posts
    5,902
    Thanks
    1,945
    Thanked 5,981 Times in 3,117 Posts

    Re: 2018 Male Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname Red Tailed Boa Constrictor Progression

    Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Everybody likes it when their snakes grow, but I miss this size now and again!

    There is something unique about little boa constrictors.

    He looks great.
    BCC stay little forever lol. I think Gina has grown maybe 6 inches since i got her 16 months ago. She grows slower than paint dries.
    1.0 SD/D White Albino Tiger het snow Reticulated Python-Caesar
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

    0.1 Redgroup/Burke Lipstick Sunglow BI-Victoria
    0.1 Colombian BI-Rosey
    0.1 Dumeril's Boa-Luna
    0.0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​0.0.1 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer

  9. #36
    BPnet Veteran jmcrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-2016
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,621
    Thanks
    3,109
    Thanked 1,871 Times in 951 Posts
    Images: 13

    2018 Male Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname Red Tailed Boa Constrictor Progression

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    BCC stay little forever lol. I think Gina has grown maybe 6 inches since i got her 16 months ago. She grows slower than paint dries.
    Woah thatís crazy slow hahah. Sheís two years right? And how long, three feet?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jmcrook; 07-17-2018 at 02:15 AM.

  10. #37
    BPnet Veteran Sauzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-26-2014
    Location
    Seattle Washington
    Posts
    5,902
    Thanks
    1,945
    Thanked 5,981 Times in 3,117 Posts

    Re: 2018 Male Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname Red Tailed Boa Constrictor Progression

    Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    I know just what you mean. Iím excited to see him grow over the years but by the time heís bigger I know Iíll miss seeing him as a tiny little red tailed worm. At least this guy will stay smaller for longer than Phyllis and Gerald. If I turn my back for too long it seems like either of them grow a foot before I realize what happened!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah boas grow slow as paint dries. Gina has put maybe 6 inches since i got her 16 months ago. And he will for sure stay smaller than your retics for a MUCH longer time. I would be surprised if he broke 8 feet. Plus the other bonus is boas tend to not push or pace unless it gets hot out. Thats about the only time i see my boas getting antsy at the doors. I just slide one open and they usually will sit on the litter dam to cool off. Also boas dont eat nearly as much as retics or as often. Heck Rosey and Vicky eat a large rat once a month. Vicky sometimes gets a medium rat instead as I'm trying to slim her down a little since she got a little chub on her from eating all of Dotties refused rats lol.
    1.0 SD/D White Albino Tiger het snow Reticulated Python-Caesar
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

    0.1 Redgroup/Burke Lipstick Sunglow BI-Victoria
    0.1 Colombian BI-Rosey
    0.1 Dumeril's Boa-Luna
    0.0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​0.0.1 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

    jmcrook (07-17-2018)

  12. #38
    BPnet Veteran Sauzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-26-2014
    Location
    Seattle Washington
    Posts
    5,902
    Thanks
    1,945
    Thanked 5,981 Times in 3,117 Posts

    Re: 2018 Male Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname Red Tailed Boa Constrictor Progression

    Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Woah that’s crazy slow hahah. She’s two years right? And how long, three feet?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, Gina was born August 22 2016. Chris Wolf sent me a pic of the litter after they were born, all in a giant pile of goo lol. She's maybe pushing 3.5 feet if that.

    And she ate on a little more 'meaty' schedule of every 7-10 days on mice and once she moved to weaned rats, every 2-3 weeks. Some people feed them every 2 weeks on mice but i feel for a baby snake under 1 year old, they should get a little more food as that is their biggest growth and development period.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 07-17-2018 at 02:22 AM.
    1.0 SD/D White Albino Tiger het snow Reticulated Python-Caesar
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

    0.1 Redgroup/Burke Lipstick Sunglow BI-Victoria
    0.1 Colombian BI-Rosey
    0.1 Dumeril's Boa-Luna
    0.0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​0.0.1 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

    jmcrook (07-17-2018),richardhind1972 (07-17-2018)

  14. #39
    BPnet Veteran jmcrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-2016
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,621
    Thanks
    3,109
    Thanked 1,871 Times in 951 Posts
    Images: 13

    Re: 2018 Male Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname Red Tailed Boa Constrictor Progression

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Yeah, Gina was born August 22 2016. Chris Wolf sent me a pic of the litter after they were born, all in a giant pile of goo lol. She's maybe pushing 3.5 feet if that.

    And she ate on a little more 'meaty' schedule of every 7-10 days on mice and once she moved to weaned rats, every 2-3 weeks. Some people feed them every 2 weeks on mice but i feel for a baby snake under 1 year old, they should get a little more food as that is their biggest growth and development period.
    Right on. Thatís so wild to me that a ďbigĒ snake will be so small for that long.
    Iím doing 7 days right now but might give him a 7-10day schedule once heís on hoppers.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #40
    BPnet Veteran Sauzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-26-2014
    Location
    Seattle Washington
    Posts
    5,902
    Thanks
    1,945
    Thanked 5,981 Times in 3,117 Posts

    Re: 2018 Male Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname Red Tailed Boa Constrictor Progression

    Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Right on. Thatís so wild to me that a ďbigĒ snake will be so small for that long.
    Iím doing 7 days right now but might give him a 7-10day schedule once heís on hoppers.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I did 7 days until Gina moved up to adult mice. Then she went to every 10 days. Then when she moved up to weaned rats, like i said, i moved her to every 2-3 weeks. I personally would stick to once a week when on hoppers but that is just me. That is what i have done for all my boas.
    1.0 SD/D White Albino Tiger het snow Reticulated Python-Caesar
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

    0.1 Redgroup/Burke Lipstick Sunglow BI-Victoria
    0.1 Colombian BI-Rosey
    0.1 Dumeril's Boa-Luna
    0.0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​0.0.1 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

    jmcrook (07-17-2018)

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1