Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 192

18 members and 174 guests
Most users ever online was 3,642, 05-08-2016 at 08:50 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 61,924
Threads: 234,548
Posts: 2,428,479
Top Poster: JLC (31,652)
Welcome to our newest member, Matt Artino
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    BPnet Senior Member Gio's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-28-2012
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    3,253
    Thanks
    3,999
    Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,670 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Annual Deck Rail Snaps.

    Jewel, the coastal carpet python, made it out after a couple of good back to back feedings.

    She has some decent sized parents but Jewel isn't more than average sized. I wondered if she'd topped off. "Wondered" because she has been a nontypical carpet as far as feeding.

    She seems to be much more interested in food these days, and I measured her at just over 7 feet the other day, she seems larger today.

    This is a decent sized deck and Jewel's size forces me to back up more this year to get her fully in the pictures.

    I started out with this fun little exploration shot. She likes to check things out but is NEVER jumpy, twitchy or flighty. I have my retic for that behavior.


    This looks like the same as many of the "days gone by" pictures. I am happy to say it is brand new. She's bigger both in girth and length.


    This one makes her look pretty long. I know Reinz (member here) had a girl a while back that was over 7 feet. Jewel is just there now and seems to be making a surge toward the 8 foot mark.



    When is comes to stretching out on the rail, she's the easiest snake to work with. She never feels the need to wrap or ball up.

    A lot of her juvenile coloring is browning out, which I like as the more natural a snake looks, the more I like it,,,usually. One thing she seems to keep is her cool colors near the upper parts of her. The color isn't yellow, but it glows a bit even on a cloudy day.






    Stretched out and chilling.



    Every snake enthusiast deserves a good carpet python!

  2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

    Bogertophis (06-26-2018),craigafrechette (06-26-2018),dakski (06-27-2018),EL-Ziggy (06-27-2018),GoingPostal (06-27-2018),jmcrook (06-26-2018),Prognathodon (06-27-2018),richardhind1972 (06-26-2018),Sauzo (06-26-2018),Sonny1318 (06-26-2018),wonderfvl (06-26-2018)

  3. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    04-28-2018
    Posts
    2,263
    Thanks
    3,103
    Thanked 1,598 Times in 1,032 Posts
    I want one! Gimme gimme gimme!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

    Gio (06-26-2018)

  5. #3
    Registered User richardhind1972's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-31-2017
    Location
    derbyshire, uk
    Posts
    1,271
    Thanks
    2,856
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 762 Posts

    Re: Annual Deck Rail Snaps.

    What a great looking carpet, must of had some circus training to balance like that on top, lol my boas would of coiled a tail round some part for anchor


    Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to richardhind1972 For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (06-26-2018),Gio (06-27-2018)

  7. #4
    BPnet Senior Member Gio's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-28-2012
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    3,253
    Thanks
    3,999
    Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,670 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Annual Deck Rail Snaps.

    Quote Originally Posted by richardhind1972 View Post
    What a great looking carpet, must of had some circus training to balance like that on top, lol my boas would of coiled a tail round some part for anchor


    Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Thank you.

    You never know about boas. My big boy will stretch out and do OK on the rail, but he always feels there is a better place to be so I'm constantly adjusting his whereabouts. Usually he is the #2 best poser.

    I've had a decent amount of time to hang with the snakes this week so I'm enjoying it all now in case the summer gets away from me.

    Photos are great and I love looking at other's animals so give your boas a try.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

    richardhind1972 (06-26-2018)

  9. #5
    Registered User craigafrechette's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-27-2017
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    6,141
    Thanks
    7,523
    Thanked 4,703 Times in 2,664 Posts
    Good stuff, Gio!!!! I always love your pics out on the deck.
    ...and ssshhhhhh, don't tell anyone, but you and the others (you know who you are, hahahha) as well as the expo this weekend have helped me come to a decision, I am 100% going carpet next!
    Last edited by craigafrechette; 06-26-2018 at 06:06 PM.
    ...life is beautiful...

    "Every man dies, not every man really lives"
    - Braveheart

    "If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead"
    - Layne Staley, Alice In Chains

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to craigafrechette For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (06-26-2018),EL-Ziggy (06-27-2018),Gio (06-26-2018)

  11. #6
    BPnet Senior Member Gio's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-28-2012
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    3,253
    Thanks
    3,999
    Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,670 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Annual Deck Rail Snaps.

    Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    Good stuff, Gio!!!! I always love your pics out on the deck.
    ...and ssshhhhhh, don't tell anyone, but you and the others (you know who you are, hahahha) as well as the expo this weekend have helped me come to a decision, I am 100% going carpet next!
    Excellent choice!

    If I were only keeping two species here, carpets and boas pretty much cover the bases.

    I am thrilled with Jewel and recommend carpets to folks that like the semi arboreal traits. The size, the handling the colors and patterns are right up my alley.

  12. #7
    Registered User craigafrechette's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-27-2017
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    6,141
    Thanks
    7,523
    Thanked 4,703 Times in 2,664 Posts

    Re: Annual Deck Rail Snaps.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Excellent choice!

    If I were only keeping two species here, carpets and boas pretty much cover the bases.

    I am thrilled with Jewel and recommend carpets to folks that like the semi arboreal traits. The size, the handling the colors and patterns are right up my alley.
    Yeah, I am super excited to pick up a carpet. I think I'll really enjoy them. I have always loved Kings and BPs and a carpet seems almost like the best of both worlds, but with the added bonus of more size.

    I'd love to add a boa eventually, but after pointing out a few adults to my girlfriend at the Expo I don't see it happening.
    She's just not comfortable with them and I gotta respect that. She's cool enough to let me keep snakes when she used to be afraid, so I'm more than happy to live within her comfort level. But, maybe someday. Once upon a time it was no snakes at all, so time will tell...

    At least now I know, so I can narrow my search. I've got my eyes on a few carpets...
    ...life is beautiful...

    "Every man dies, not every man really lives"
    - Braveheart

    "If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead"
    - Layne Staley, Alice In Chains

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to craigafrechette For This Useful Post:

    Gio (06-26-2018)

  14. #8
    BPnet Senior Member Gio's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-28-2012
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    3,253
    Thanks
    3,999
    Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,670 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Annual Deck Rail Snaps.

    Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    Yeah, I am super excited to pick up a carpet. I think I'll really enjoy them. I have always loved Kings and BPs and a carpet seems almost like the best of both worlds, but with the added bonus of more size.

    I'd love to add a boa eventually, but after pointing out a few adults to my girlfriend at the Expo I don't see it happening.
    She's just not comfortable with them and I gotta respect that. She's cool enough to let me keep snakes when she used to be afraid, so I'm more than happy to live within her comfort level. But, maybe someday. Once upon a time it was no snakes at all, so time will tell...

    At least now I know, so I can narrow my search. I've got my eyes on a few carpets...
    Well said about your girl man. Very respectful. I like it👍😎

    Interesting that Kings were brought up. I was on the fence. I was looking at Eastern Chain Kings and carpets. The expo I hit that year had Jewel so I ended up on the carpet side.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

    craigafrechette (06-26-2018)

  16. #9
    BPnet Veteran Sonny1318's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-02-2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,499
    Thanks
    2,207
    Thanked 810 Times in 638 Posts
    Images: 15
    Wow how beautiful, I love the color and her size is impressive. She really lives up to her name. You’re not kidding about how everyone could use one. Lol, truly a very nice looking snake.
    1.0 Black Pastel Pinstripe
    1.0 Reduced Pattern Clown
    1.0 Low White Pied
    1.0 Hypo Super Enchi

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonny1318 For This Useful Post:

    Gio (06-27-2018)

  18. #10
    Registered User RickyNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-11-2017
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    602
    Thanks
    406
    Thanked 448 Times in 309 Posts
    Images: 7
    Great job Gio, Jewel is stunning!
    I love the heads on the Carpets.
    1.0 Banana Spider Ball Python -Freddy
    1.0 Western Hognose -Shelby
    1.0 BCI Boa -Darby
    (spot reserved for Morelia)

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to RickyNY For This Useful Post:

    Gio (06-27-2018)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1