Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,643

3 members and 1,640 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Cornsnake.net/Don Soderberg and South Mountain Reptiles

I have been viewing https://www.cornsnake.net for years, but wasn't in the market for another corn until recently, when I was specifically looking for a scaleless corn.

I had room for one more smaller snake and my fiancé, Katie, said we could get a scaleless corn, but it had to be a corn worth getting. Don posted a picture of a Female Scaleless Sunglow Motley a few weeks back and I immediately called him up. She took my breath away and I had to ask him to put her on hold until I could speak with Katie. He graciously put her on a 48 hour hold and would not take a deposit from me. We spoke for about 30 minutes about her temperament and genetics, etc. and he insisted on holding her on good faith since I was obviously interested.

Katie took one look at her picture and said that, "she is worth getting another snake for." She also settled on the name Solana, Sol being Spanish for sun.

I called Don back and paid for her in full. We agreed on a shipping day (6-21-18 - my Anniversary with Katie, which worked out, since she was Katie's anniversary present to me).

Don either picked up when I called or got right back when I texted or called. The few times I missed him by phone, he called back within 1/2 an hour.

He was incredibly helpful. Went over temps, food, hides, etc. with me at length, even though I have a 5 year old Hypo Lavender Corn Male (Figment) that I grew from 8G (just like Solana is right now). Don told me to use him as a resource both before and after purchasing Solana. He's been breeding corns since 1974 and wants to pass his knowledge on to other keepers. He wants Solana to have a long and happy life.

I was reading my favorite corn snake book on kindle to review basic things for hatchlings, and wanted to tell Don what book I was reading and who wrote it. I looked at the front of the book, and guess who wrote my Corn Snake Bible? Don Soderberg. He sent me an autographed hard copy with Solana!

Solana arrived safe and sound and was very well packed. She was totally fine and eager to explore her new tank. She seems alert, in great health, and docile, just as advertised.

I will not be in the market for another snake for a long time, but I would definitely use Don and South Mountain Reptiles again. Hands down, one of, if not the best, experience I have had with a reptile breeder. He is passionate and cares about his animals and also communicates well and is kind to the owners. He knows everything about corns and is happy to talk to customers and pass on his knowledge. Check out his site, his animals are beautiful, and he has virtually any morph you could imagine.

Overall, a fantastic experience and I highly recommend Don Soderberg and South Mountain Reptiles for anyone looking for a great corn snake!

Below are pictures of Solana from Don and a few from me after unpacking her today. She as amazingly beautiful in person as she looks in the pictures! Eye Candy!

Here is a link to her progression thread in case you want to stay up to date on her progress: https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...ow-Motley-Corn

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by dakski; 06-21-2018 at 10:53 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (06-22-2018),the_rotten1 (06-22-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 617 Posts
    Glad you had such a great experience, daks! And your tiny new friend looks adorable.

1.0 Lesser Mojave Ball Python "Neptune"; 1.0 Western Hognose "Murray"

Lizards:
    1.0 Bearded Dragon "Nigel"

Tarantulas:
    0.1 G. Rosea "Charlotte"; 0.1 B. Albopilosum "Matilda"; 0.1 C. Versicolor "Bijou"; 1.0 B. Boehmei "Lightening McQueen"

Inverts:
    1.0 Emperor Scorpion "Boba"

Dog & Cats:

1.0 Doberman Pinscher "Bulleit"; 1.0 Siamese Cat "Boudreaux"; 1.0 British Shorthair Cat "Oliver”

Goats:
    "Hazelnut" & "Huckleberry"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hilabeans For This Useful Post:

dakski (06-22-2018)