Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,171

0 members and 2,171 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    She is so beautiful, glad things are going so well love seeing her pretty face, hope she has a fabulous full shed for you thank you ever so much for sharing and best wishes always
    Domestic Short Hair - Miss Becky
    Russian Blue - Church
    Miniature Poodle - Pierre LaPoodlePants
    Banana BP - Yuri Katsuki

Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts
    Usually snakes need a few days of settling in with no handling before even offering their first meal, and they'll have their best chances of eating f/t... Since you say she was eating f/t with her last owner. It's not surprising she rejected the f/t only 24 hours after arriving to you haha. If you wait a full week with no handling and offer f/t again, she might take it. But may not, since you already gave her live. I also am told that hatchlings can be shy, so providing more tight secure hides may help too!

Bloods/short tails also should have a noticeable ridge in their back, more than balls and boas. Though they shouldn't be a flat tent, of course. If you can't feel an obvious ridge on the back and they are rounded, they are actually overweight.

Congrats on your girl!
    Last edited by redshepherd; 06-25-2018 at 01:40 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redshepherd For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (06-25-2018),MissterDog (06-25-2018)

Thanks

New blood python just arrived but..is it python Curtis brongersmai

Quote Originally Posted by redshepherd View Post
    Usually snakes need a few days of settling in with no handling before even offering their first meal, and they'll have their best chances of eating f/t... Since you say she was eating f/t with her last owner. It's not surprising she rejected the f/t only 24 hours after arriving to you haha. If you wait a full week with no handling and offer f/t again, she might take it. But may not, since you already gave her live.

Bloods/short tails also should have a noticeable ridge in their back, more than balls and boas. Though they shouldn't be a flat tent, of course. If you can't feel an obvious ridge on the back and they are rounded, they are actually overweight.

Congrats on your girl!
    Thanks. Yeah I know I kinda broke the week rule. Snake arrived to me thin and I just wanted to get a meal in her. Last feeding with breeder was 6/10. I emailed him yesterday on this actually. Was very surprised to hear this. She looked kinda flat to me honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Hmoore1984; 06-25-2018 at 01:47 AM.

Thanks
    From what I've heard Sumatrans (Curtus) are the most docile, then Borneos, then Bloods - although none of them are that aggressive unless you keep them too hot.

Bloods color up as they grow, but good genes makes a difference too. The best way to get a redder animal is to check pics of the parents or ensure that it comes from a known high-red bloodline.

I have a carpet now (Diamond/Jungle) and am planning to pick up an orange-head Sumatran soon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123