Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,815

0 members and 2,815 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Thanks

The two newest Boxies.

Finally got some pictures of the two newest Boxies the other day, it rained on and off all day. Think it made for good worm hunting! They seemed happy about it anyway.

I still haven't named them yet. The one with the scale rot damaged shell is a female and the other one is supposed to be a female too. Plastron looks girl but the eyes look male, so not sure. Probably chose something neutral just in case. All of my boxies were gotten from a rescue, so they all have colorful stories. The supposed female was completely painted in all different colors when received at the rescue. They were able to get most of it off but that white paint is being stubborn. Noticed a little more has come off though since she's been with me. The one with scale rot was actually initially picked up by me and spent a few days with us while the transport chain to the rescue was figured out. She was caught roaming around by animal control in a town 40 minutes away from me, with really long nails and beak and all that scale damage. Best guess was she'd been living wild for quite awhile. The rescue (which just closed :-( was 4 hours away in the other direction. They got her and were able to work with her for a few months. Had planned to add a few more boxies but had to get them a little sooner than planned when the rescue closed.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Charis For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (06-19-2018),dakski (06-19-2018),EDR (06-19-2018),tttaylorrr (06-19-2018)

Thanks
    Congratulations they are adorable, glad they are receiving the care they need and deserve, best wishes to you and your two new pals
    Domestic Short Hair - Miss Becky
    Russian Blue - Church
    Miniature Poodle - Pierre LaPoodlePants
    Banana BP - Yuri Katsuki

Thanks

Re: The two newest Boxies.

Its good to see these two sweet boxies get a home they deserve. The poor things are probably like what's this? fresh air? plants? what's going on?
    0.1 : Albino Clown - GHI Pastave - Killer Bee Fader - Sugar Bee - Pastel het pied - Lemon Blast het puzzle

1.0 : Banana - Mystic Potion 66% pos het pied - Pastel Lesser het puzzle - Super Pastel 66% pos het puzzle

1.0 2012 Albino Red Tail

Thanks
    And this is Royce, my male boxie I've had for a few years. He was a stray picked up by animal control as well. I can see why too, he is a fantastic escape artist and has inspired three renovations to Manzant, which is what I've named my turtle/tort pen(s) and his antics led to both his name and the the name of the turtle prison as well.
    Thankfully most of the rest of my yard is enclosed, so he's never gotten far.

And this is Nysa, my other female. She is actually around 24 now and only had one owner before the rescue/me and was in great shape, other than having a malformed shell. She's a sweetheart.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Charis For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (06-19-2018),Sonny1318 (06-19-2018),tttaylorrr (06-19-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts
    such cute photos! and great stories, too! idk much about turtles, but seeing the difference in the first two versus your older two is startling, and a bit sad, but at least they're in a good home now.

you could name the one with paint on the shell Frida or Mary (Cassatt) after the two famous female painters.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (06-19-2018),Charis (06-19-2018)

Thanks

Re: The two newest Boxies.

They're so adorable!
    🕷️ 🆆🅰🅽🅽🅰 🅷🆄🅽🆃 🅵🅾🆁 🅲🆁🆈🅿🆃🅸🅳🆂? 🕷️

🕷️ 🅹🆄🅼🅿🅸🅽🅶 🆂🅿🅸🅳🅴🆁 🅴🅽🆃🅷🆄🆂🅸🅰🆂🆃 🕷️

🕷️ "🆃🅷🅴 🅽🅴🆇🆃 🆃🅸🅼🅴 🆈🅾🆄 🆂🅴🅴 🅰 🆂🅿🅸🅳🅴🆁 🆆🅴🅱, 🅿🅻🅴🅰🆂🅴, 🅿🅰🆄🆂🅴 🅰🅽🅳 🅻🅾🅾🅺 🅰 🅻🅸🆃🆃🅻🅴 🅲🅻🅾🆂🅴🆁. 🆈🅾🆄'🅻🅻 🅱🅴 🆂🅴🅴🅸🅽🅶 🅾🅽🅴 🅾🅵 🆃🅷🅴 🅼🅾🆂🆃 🅷🅸🅶🅷-🅿🅴🆁🅵🅾🆁🅼🅰🅽🅲🅴 🅼🅰🆃🅴🆁🅸🅰🅻🆂 🅺🅽🅾🆆🅽 🆃🅾 🅼🅰🅽." 🕷️

🕷️ Be nice to spiders! They never did anything to hurt you! 🕷️