Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,711

1 members and 1,710 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Re: Will power, I do not have...

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    It’s better than nothing! And to be totally transparent, I didn’t quarantine Phyllis when I got her either. Was my first time owning multiple snakes and was lucky she was completely perfect... aside from showing up a day late and freezing cold looking dead. Thanks fedex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, i mean you should quarantine everything but like i said, i sometimes preach it but dont follow it. I probably got lucky but so far, none of my snakes have had any issues. Even Pat who was a CBB. I havent had a fecal done on him yet but when i looked at his poop the past 6 months, it is always well formed, a nice deep uniform brown color and it's been almost 6 months and nothing wrong. I still use his own utensils like i said and he is the last to get messed with after the other snakes. I'll take a fecal in to my vet one of these days.

Plus like i said, i buy from very reliable breeders which i know isnt a guarantee. Now if i got a snake off CL or some Joe Blow guy, then you bet your dollar, that snake would be upstairs in one of the fish tanks on paper towels for 3 months lol. Kind of the reason i dont buy snakes from Joe Blow or go to reptile shows.....also i know myself well enough and if i went to a reptile show, I know dang well I would come home with 3 new snakes.....one for T8 and 2 for the 40 gallon breeder tanks hahaha.

And FedEx probably hates me as I went postal on them when they messed up delivering Harley and made them drive back and deliver her as there was no way, I was going to leave her on the truck for 8 hours until they brought her to the hub for me to pick up. They havent screwed up an order since and Harley was my first order with them with live animals hahaha. Of course i am also sitting on the doorstep at 10am cleaning handguns waiting for them lol.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 06-15-2018 at 11:37 PM.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (06-15-2018),richardhind1972 (06-16-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Yeah, i mean you should quarantine everything but like i said, i sometimes preach it but dont follow it. I probably got lucky but so far, none of my snakes have had any issues. Even Pat who was a CBB. I havent had a fecal done on him yet but when i looked at his poop the past 6 months, it is always well formed, a nice deep uniform brown color and it's been almost 6 months and nothing wrong. I still use his own utensils like i said and he is the last to get messed with after the other snakes. I'll take a fecal in to my vet one of these days.

Plus like i said, i buy from very reliable breeders which i know isnt a guarantee. Now if i got a snake off CL or some Joe Blow guy, then you bet your dollar, that snake would be upstairs in one of the fish tanks on paper towels for 3 months lol. Kind of the reason i dont buy snakes from Joe Blow or go to reptile shows.....also i know myself well enough and if i went to a reptile show, I know dang well I would come home with 3 new snakes.....one for T8 and 2 for the 40 gallon breeder tanks hahaha.

And FedEx probably hates me as I went postal on them when they messed up delivering Harley and made them drive back and deliver her as there was no way, I was going to leave her on the truck for 8 hours until they brought her to the hub for me to pick up. They havent screwed up an order since and Harley was my first order with them with live animals hahaha. Of course i am also sitting on the doorstep at 10am cleaning handguns waiting for them lol.
    FedEx didn’t even knock for Phyllis after she was a day late. I was waiting anxiously in the living room and saw the truck pull up. When I opened the door, dude was already walking back to the truck and her box was blatantly laid on its side, said “live harmless reptile” on the box, and it was about 42* outside. I was beside myself...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    8? If you mean me, i got 9 lol. I plan on one more. I'm like Ziggy in that i want a nice round number....so 10 sounds good lol. Plus what the heck is one more mouth to feed when you are talking 9 snakes already.....well once i have a chest freezer haha.

Thats why i gotta be picky. i keep bouncing from another BCC to another SD retic to a woma to another GTP to an ETB to a BHP lol. It will probably boil down to what grabs when i got the cash in hand......although right now, a nice pinched saddled golden topped Peruvian BCC sounds really nice haha. Another retic sounds like work. I have no idea how you havent gone crazy with 2 push crazy retics. Caesar was driving me up a wall with scuffed chins and fat lips when he was younger and pushing....
    How the heck did I miss this post?!?!
    Yes, another retic is absolutely work. Two retics feels like taking care of at least 12-18 of anything else lmao!
    And how have you not noticed that having two retics has indeed made me crazy?! Haha
    I love em both to death but I feel like this boa will be a reminder to myself that retics are the exception, not the rule. Nothing like them, but there’s also nothing like them... you know what I mean 🤣

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (06-16-2018)

Thanks

Update. Little boy ate today, will be ready to eat when he gets here, and is also going into shed. Was told he’ll either be fresh shed or just about to when he arrives

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Gio (06-19-2018),richardhind1972 (06-20-2018)

Thanks

Alright folks, need help with a name for this critter that gets here Tuesday. Kinda thinking Gordon as my other two male animals have names starting with G. Although I’ve always liked the name Leonard as well. I tend towards slightly older sounding names for my snakes. Fire away!

Thanks

Dude arrives in less than 12 hours. What’s his name folks? I’m kinda leaning towards Leonard/Leo. Gordon/Gordo would be cool too. Oooh what about Elmer or Eugene?!? Hahah
    He might be nameless for a bit if I can’t make up my mind. Phyllis didn’t have a name for like 3 weeks after I got her. She was just “baby snake”. Might be the same case for the boa but we’ll see

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Gio (06-26-2018),richardhind1972 (06-26-2018)

Thanks

I should really go to sleep, but... baby boa just made it to Memphis according to the tracking updates! 9.5 hour max before he’s here

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Gio (06-26-2018),Pengil (06-26-2018),richardhind1972 (06-26-2018)

BPnet Senior Member richardhind1972's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,173 Times in 3,204 Posts

Don’t forget to grab a few pics for us all

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

14. The Following User Says Thank You to richardhind1972 For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (06-26-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by richardhind1972 View Post
    Don’t forget to grab a few pics for us all

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Most certainly will do! I’ll probably start a progression thread tomorrow but without a name for the critter yet. Get length, weight, wipe with reptile spray on a white paper towel to check for mites, handle for a minute or two to check him over then let him chill out for a couple days or so before attempting feeding

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (06-26-2018)

Thanks
    I like Leonard, and it gives you the ability to call him Leo for short. He looks like a Leonard. Some other possible ideas that I think could fit him well would be Bernard (Berny for short), Clarence, Earnest, Felix, Julian, Homer, or Oscar... Good luck sleeping tonight!
    1.0 Banana/Coral Glow Emperor Pin BP- Horatio
    0.1 Hypo Black Pewter Butter- Gin & Tonic (Ginny)
    1.0 Piebald Cat- Percival Henry

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pengil For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (06-26-2018),richardhind1972 (06-26-2018)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast