Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,788

1 members and 2,787 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts

Re: Pastel spider or bumblebee?

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    I can see your point and I don't plan on being a breeder again. However in the grand scheme of things how many morphs that exist, only do so because someone else said "that one looks neat, let's see what happens!" Nerd wouldn't exist in the ball world if they stuck to proven lines, and every ball would be a normal. Instead we have pastels and spiders, and the bees, orange dream etc etc etc. These only a couple that I can think of that were found in the wild and then bred out.

I don't actually know if that's true about nerd. I dont know what their business model was but they were the first that jumped into my head, used to have a couple of their morph hets. :laugh:

I understand your point but it’s not the same thing. Breeding something because it is new and different to prove it out as a new morph is great and how we got such an amazing selection of ball pythons. Your comparing it to breeding super common morph combos that have just been lost as far as record keeping as far as which morphs they are. You’d just be breeding to try to figure out which existing morphs are in these unknown rescues.

If you want to breed to discover a new morph, that’s really cool, just get a couple wc that look interesting and you’ll have a fun dinker project.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Pastel spider or bumblebee?

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    I can see your point and I don't plan on being a breeder again. However in the grand scheme of things how many morphs that exist, only do so because someone else said "that one looks neat, let's see what happens!" Nerd wouldn't exist in the ball world if they stuck to proven lines, and every ball would be a normal. Instead we have pastels and spiders, and the bees, orange dream etc etc etc. These only a couple that I can think of that were found in the wild and then bred out.

I don't actually know if that's true about nerd. I dont know what their business model was but they were the first that jumped into my head, used to have a couple of their morph hets. :laugh:
    The difference NERD invested anywhere from 50K to 250K for a single unique animal straight out of Africa taking a HUGE gamble, YOU are planning on getting something cheap that is nothing new or grand breaking just a reject or pet store animal with no info. (can't compare the two)

When you put two snakes together you are becoming a breeder does not matter what level it is. Is it fun? Yes but is it fun to be stuck with animals costing you money because they don't sell only you will be able to answer that.

Trust me I have seen COUNTLESS of people saying the same thing "I am not in it for money" "I am not a breeder" etc and after 3 to 4 years when the cost and work involved is too much they just sell everything.

Breeding animals take some serious thoughts: Space, time, money, supply, care, feeder supply, market place......
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 06-14-2018 at 03:08 PM.
    Deborah Stewart

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Lord Sorril (06-15-2018),rufretic (06-14-2018),Spechal (06-15-2018),Turbo Serpent (06-15-2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12