Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,113

1 members and 3,112 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
    Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Live prey in MA?? or NH??

Hey all, Juice (Borneo STP) finally broke his fast and ate, but it took offering live to get him to eat. I'm hoping now that he's got the taste for food again he'll take F/T again, but time will tell.

Anyway, I'm thinking I'm going to need to offer live for at least a few more feedings, but don't want to buy 20 gram mice from Petco for $5ea.

Anybody know of any prey breeders in the MA/Southern NH area that sell live prey?? Or reptile shops?
    I'm not on FB, and have no desire to be, Google didn't really help.
    The only places I know of so far are Jaberwock Reptiles and I believe N.E.R.D. and both are a decent ride from where I live.

Anyway, I'm hoping it's short term and he takes F/T soon, but I want him to get a few more meals in him before trying to switch him back.

Thanks in advance!!
    Last edited by Craiga 01453; 06-12-2018 at 03:53 PM.

BPnet Senior Member Lord Sorril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,197 Times in 1,091 Posts

Re: Live prey in MA?? or NH??

Reptile Shops:
    Pets Plus in Tewksbury MA was selling live rodents as feeders (last time I was there - a year ago).
    Dinky Reptiles in Auburn MA might have live feeders-I would call ahead. Phrased Politely: I'm not a fan of this store or the owner though.

Prey Breeders:
    There are a bunch, if you post in the Pet section of Craigslist that you want to buy live feeders I'm sure you will get some contacts. One woman sent me a picture of 3 standup freezers full of frozen mice/rats/gerbils in her basement-I think she was located in Worcester somewhere...She said she could get me 'any quantity' of live/frozen---I think her prices were a bit high though...
    *.* TNTC

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Re: Live prey in MA?? or NH??

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sorril View Post
    Reptile Shops:
    Pets Plus in Tewksbury MA was selling live rodents as feeders (last time I was there - a year ago).
    Dinky Reptiles in Auburn MA might have live feeders-I would call ahead. Phrased Politely: I'm not a fan of this store or the owner though.

Prey Breeders:
    There are a bunch, if you post in the Pet section of Craigslist that you want to buy live feeders I'm sure you will get some contacts. One woman sent me a picture of 3 standup freezers full of frozen mice/rats/gerbils in her basement-I think she was located in Worcester somewhere...She said she could get me 'any quantity' of live/frozen---I think her prices were a bit high though...
    Awesome, thanks. I didn't even think of Dinkys. My King, Django, came from Brian. I've interacted with him multiple times and gotten along well with him and his staff. I've been in his store on a handful of occasions as well as chatted with him at the Manchester Expo.
    But hey, not everybody has the same experiences and there may be more that I don't know. We're not all going to like everybody

Anyway, thanks again!