Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,477

0 members and 2,477 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,538 Times in 1,148 Posts

Re: Solana - Our Scaleless Sunglow Motley Corn

Quote Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    I cannot wait, but I need to. I am just glad I got her. I called immediately and put her on hold. Needless to say, other inquiries came in fast. I wasn't letting her get away.

Need to have time to devote to her and Katie has a friend staying with us today through the 19th. It's going to be crazy as I am still working. Don was happy to hold her for a few weeks. It's probably for the best.

Also need to:

1. Set up a 10G or so Quarantine Tank.

2. Get it dialed in.

3. Get F/T pinkies - nothing I have eats less than large/jumbo mice

4. Make sure I have tiny tiny hides and a small water bowl.

I want everything to be ready when she gets her. Not taking any risks.

Regarding the collection, it's complete.

I have every animal I've realistically wanted and it's a diverse collection.

0.1 - Albino Spider BP: Shayna - Have wanted an albino BP since I was a kid - and she is awesome.

0.1 - Ghost BCI: Behira - Amazing animal; beautiful and brave and docile.

1.0 - Hypo Lavender Corn: Figment - Beautiful, amazing temperament, and eats like a champ

0.0.1 - Northern Blue Tongue Skink: Frank - Awesome animal - amazing personality.

0.3 - Leopard Geckos, all different and beautiful morphs - Different personalities, but all fun and easy and pretty animals.

0.1 - SCALELESS Sunglow Motley Corn - Can't wait!!!!!!!!

Looks like a good collection to me!
    Looks like a Great collection for anybody, that’s one sweet collection you got going there. Three really gorgeous snakes, an Albino Spider, a Ghost Boa and a scaleless Sunglow Motley. Plus a Northern Blue Tounge Skink and Leopard Geckos. Sounds like a slice of Heaven to me! And it’s always great to be prepared, God speed can’t wait to see you post some pics of your lastest acquisition from your home.
    1.0 Black Pastel Pinstripe
    1.0 Reduced Pattern Clown
    1.0 Low White Pied
    1.0 Hypo Super Enchi

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonny1318 For This Useful Post:

dakski (06-07-2018)

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts

While I'm not a fan of these, I do understand it's one of your dream snakes and I'm really happy for you, it is super exciting to get something you've wanted for so long!
    Don is a great guy, I've bought corns from him in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    4. Make sure I have tiny tiny hides and a small water bowl.
    Something cheap and easy and what i did for baby corns - get a toilet paper core, cut it in half lengthwise. Ta-da, instant tiny hide that is free and easily disposable when soiled.
    They'll outgrow tiny hides pretty fast so I wouldn't waste your money on buying some. Also for an easy small water bowl, I use ramekins.

Good luck with your new little one!
    For the Horde!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AbsoluteApril For This Useful Post:

dakski (06-07-2018)

Thanks

Man, she’s BRIGHT!

I like April’s TP tube hide suggestion, there’s always more to be had until she outgrows them.

I think we have one enclosure that I’d be willing to put a baby corn in, and would probably still worry about escapes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    0.4 BPs, 0.1 Antaresia, 2.1 Morelia, 0.0.1 Liasis, 1.0 Aspidites, 0.1 Blood, 1.1 Kings, 2.0 Milks, 1.2 Corns, 2.0 Ratsnakes, 0.1 Hognose, 1.0 RTB, 2.1 KSBs, 1.0 Tortoise, 1.0 Skink, 3.0 dogs, 2.1 Human serfs

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Prognathodon For This Useful Post:

dakski (06-07-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,363 Posts
    Blog Entries

Cool

Should have put a sunglasses needed warning in the title! She is stunning!
    - Emily

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mlededee For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (06-07-2018),dakski (06-07-2018),richardhind1972 (06-07-2018)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I don't envy people often but I do envy you right now, it's a gorgeous animal.
    Deborah Stewart

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

dakski (06-07-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,730 Times in 11,794 Posts
    Free & easy 'hides': I tend to use the cardboard rolls that paper towels are on, rather than the cardboard rolls from toilet paper...mostly because they say
    that there's a certain amount of water "spray" in the air from every time a toilet is flushed...so I consider those to be potentially contaminated. But yes,
    baby snakes LOVE hiding in cardboard tubes, especially if you pinch one end closed for their privacy. When they get dirty, toss & replace...EASY.

Your snake is gorgeous, though I have to admit that I prefer snakes with scales. Just old fashioned I guess?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

dakski (06-07-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
    While I'm not a fan of these, I do understand it's one of your dream snakes and I'm really happy for you, it is super exciting to get something you've wanted for so long!
    Don is a great guy, I've bought corns from him in the past.

Something cheap and easy and what i did for baby corns - get a toilet paper core, cut it in half lengthwise. Ta-da, instant tiny hide that is free and easily disposable when soiled.
    They'll outgrow tiny hides pretty fast so I wouldn't waste your money on buying some. Also for an easy small water bowl, I use ramekins.

Good luck with your new little one!
    Thank you! I had a great experience with Don. He's a class act.

I understand you hesitancy and respect that. I was fascinated with them because of the coloration/patterning, etc. However, I don't look at it differently than any other crazy morph. Albino BP's wouldn't make in the wild, but they are bred for captivity.

Then I held Vin Russo's male breeder at the White Plains NY expo. I was blown away. So unique and different.

I also like that the genes allow for/have scales for protection around the mouth and nose and belly scales for movement. Without the belly scales, I do not think it would fair to the animal. And, of course, for safety for a scaleless animal, as well as my protocol, I will feed F/T (which is all Solana knows from birth anyway).

Definitely a dream snake for me. My collection is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Prognathodon View Post
    Man, she’s BRIGHT!

I like April’s TP tube hide suggestion, there’s always more to be had until she outgrows them.

I think we have one enclosure that I’d be willing to put a baby corn in, and would probably still worry about escapes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Yeah, I cannot wait to see her in person - shockingly bright.

Quote Originally Posted by mlededee View Post
    Should have put a sunglasses needed warning in the title! She is stunning!
    LOL . I'll know for next time!

She is amazing, and again, I cannot wait to see her in person!

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    I don't envy people often but I do envy you right now, it's a gorgeous animal.
    WOW Deborah! Thank you. For what it's worth, I envy you too. You have so many amazing snakes, and are apparently pretty bad aXX too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Free & easy 'hides': I tend to use the cardboard rolls that paper towels are on, rather than the cardboard rolls from toilet paper...mostly because they say
    that there's a certain amount of water "spray" in the air from every time a toilet is flushed...so I consider those to be potentially contaminated. But yes,
    baby snakes LOVE hiding in cardboard tubes, especially if you pinch one end closed for their privacy. When they get dirty, toss & replace...EASY.

Your snake is gorgeous, though I have to admit that I prefer snakes with scales. Just old fashioned I guess?
    Thank you! I thought about the old fashioned/natural end as well. When I haven't been crazy with any of my other animals. Cool Leopard Geckos morphs, but Frank the BTS is a normal (although an awesome example). Shayna (the BP) is an Albino Spider, but I have wanted in Albino BP since 1990 when they started breeding them for crazy money. Behira, the Ghost BCI, is beautiful, again, not a crazy or crazy expensive morph. And Figment, the hypo lavender corn, is also beautiful, but is an old morph and was cheap.

I just find something incredible about the scaleless and for my last snake, wanted something dramatic and different. Solana is supposed to have a great personality as well, so I think she will be a big hit here!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Stewart_Reptiles (06-07-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Another picture. Here is Solana with her brothers and sisters.

Her brother is also scaleless and motley and red, but has brown eyes, and supposedly, his color will not hold up as well.

[IMG][/IMG]

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

the_rotten1 (06-20-2018)

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Here's an adult sunglow motley girl I used to have (was also produced by Don), your baby looks like she'll be so bright in comparison:

Good luck with your girl!
    Last edited by AbsoluteApril; 06-07-2018 at 08:46 PM. Reason: add 2nd photo
    For the Horde!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AbsoluteApril For This Useful Post:

dakski (06-07-2018),richardhind1972 (06-09-2018)

Thanks
    Congrats! I think I saw her on The Reptile Report. She is very well named!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Charis For This Useful Post:

dakski (06-10-2018)

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast