Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 552

1 members and 551 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Re: Solana - Our Scaleless Sunglow Motley Corn

Solana had a massive amount of waste for a snake her size today.

She weighed 12G totally empty! Katie was saying how much bigger she has gotten, and she really has.

Tonight we fed her a regular (as opposed to small) pinkie. It was about 3G as opposed to 1-2G for the smalls. It went down without a hitch, but took a little while. The small pinkies were getting to the point where it was more like she was taking a pill, not eating a meal.

She's starting to get super excited about food, like a proper corn snake. She came charging out of her hide and grabbed it, right in the middle of the tank, and ate it exposed with us watching.

Earlier in the day, when I cleaned poop, I took some pictures of Solana playing on Katie's foot. She's noticeably thicker than before, but also longer as well.

Katie was using her foot as a reference and Solana went right between her big toe and pointer toe. SOOOOO CUTE!

Sorry for the iPhone, low light, pictures. It was a spur of the moment picture opportunity.

Hopefully no one on the forum he "enjoys" feet .

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (08-04-2018)

Thanks

Solana looks to have digested the regular pinkie from 2 nights ago. She also is starting to get cloudy eyes and should shed in the next week. She shed exactly a month ago. Growing girl.

Additionally, when Katie took her out today, with partially clouded eyes and all (hard to see in picture at these angles and with flash) she was calm as a cucumber. A month ago, she had been calm for about a week, but cloudy eyes brought out defensiveness and striking and tail rattling. Not at all today. Totally chill, just like is the rest of the time now.

I love her side view with her beautiful eyes and her "smile." Without the scales all around the head and mouth it always seems to look like she is smiling from the side.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (08-06-2018),EDR (08-12-2018),richardhind1972 (08-06-2018)

Thanks

Solana SHED last night! All in one piece too! That's two in a row and perfect 2/2 since I got her.

She will eat her second regular pinkie tonight, after doing well with her first last feeding, and getting rid of the waste the last two nights .

She looks gorgeous, and bigger every time she is out. I forgot to weigh her and am not going to disturb her until after she eats tonight + 2 days. I'll have to weigh her empty before next feeding.

She was 12G last weigh in, but remember, she doesn't have scales, so she's bigger than a 12G scaled snake.

Without further ado, pictures of Solana post shed (both iPhone and Nikon DSLR pics):

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Phillydubs (08-12-2018)

Thanks

Solana is up to 14G empty and growing like a weed right now. She's currently eating 1 regular size pinkie (about 3G) every 5 days. Soon, she will have 2 pinkies every 5 and then go to Fuzzies every 7.

She just shed recently and looks amazing. Her temperament is the opposite of her brother Figment. She's calm as can be and gentle and calculated in her movements. Figment is ADHD and is all over the place. Cannot seem to sit still. Both are incredibly docile.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (08-12-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,244 Times in 667 Posts
    She’s looking pretty as ever !

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Phillydubs For This Useful Post:

dakski (08-12-2018)

Thanks

Growing girl! So pretty! So soft!

Here's a link to a video of her being herself; chill as can be! She's so calm and docile: https://streamable.com/2cmwx

Here are some pics of our baby.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (08-22-2018)

Thanks

Solana, at 14G totally dry, gobbled down another normal pinkie (about 3G) a few nights ago. She will be eating two of those soon enough and then on to Fuzzies.

Katie fed her, which was a big step for all, and it went really well.

However, I have to say things are getting out of hand. Two weeks ago, I took Figment out looking for poop and there was none. Katie asked to hold him, and I, against better judgement, obliged, while I dug through paper to try to find poop. Once I realized it wasn't there, I reached for him, but it was too late! Splat, boom, bam, all over Katie! Not a good night. https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...orn-Baby/page5 Bottom of the page, 8-8-18 entry.

So last night, Katie wanted to hold Solana, and it looked like she had to go. I told Katie, "It looks like she has to go." Katie says, "No problem, I'll just put this towel down." That's foreshadowing for those that enjoy movies and books. She had her out for 2 minutes, and then, Splat, boom, bam, all over.......the towel.

Katie laughed this one off pretty well. However, since when is Katie a target for Corn Snake poop? I've never had Figment, or any other snake for that matter, poop on me ever. I've kept snakes for a long time. What gives?

That above was my version of the story. Katie would like to give her version. See below.

Katie's Version:

You guys... Two weeks ago Dave asks me to hold snakes while he cleans the tank, and Figment (the hypo lavender corn) POOPS ALL OVER ME!!! I'm talking from my hair to my toes... POOP EVERYWHERE.

Last night, Dave was cleaning Solana's tank, and then asked me if I wanted to hold her. I (having learned my lesson) asked if she had pooped yet b/c I knew she ate... b/c i fed her! Anyways, Dave says no, but do you want to hold her. So I say "sure, but only if you hand me that towel." Dave is like "seriously, i have NEVER had a snake poop on me... that was a total fluke." I replied that I didn't care, and I wanted the towel. He grudgingly hands it and baby snake to me... and INSISTS - "She's not gonna poop on you."

LESS that ONE MINUTE LATER... Tails up and poop be coming out... Luckily, I had a towel down...

Also, it's lucky i'm a good sport and there hasn't been a reptile eviction...

Here's the calm before the P storm. Katie loving our baby.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by dakski; 08-21-2018 at 11:06 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

caravaggiooo (08-21-2018)

Thanks

Solana is due to eat in a few minutes (a normal F/T pinkie). She weighed in today, dry, at over 15G. She was 8G when we got her, 2 months ago. She is now 4 months old.

There are pictures early in this thread of her in a deli cup, barely taking up any room in it. Times have changed. Below is Solana in the same deli cup she came in, but filling a lot more of it!

As I always say, when I don't use my Nikon DSLR, my apologies for the iPhone quality. It does not do her justice.

[IMG][/IMG]

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (08-24-2018)

Thanks

Solana had a hell of a growth spurt this past week!

Dry a week ago she was 15G. Dry today, 17G+. It kept going between 17-18G. I am going to assume the lower number, but still, she's really getting some size to her.

She gets another pinkie tonight and by 20G will be eating 2 pinkies. Way to go Solana!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (08-27-2018)

Thanks

Quick update:

Solana ate a pinkie tonight. Two interesting notes.

1. Katie fed her for the second time. That's awesome for all.

2. For the second feeding, Solana lunged/struck at the pinkie and didn't just grab and start eating. Katie says she is learning how to snake really well.

So things are progressing nicely on all fronts regarding our little baby.

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast