Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,716

2 members and 2,714 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

View Poll Results: Substrate Poll

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • I use EcoEarth

21 52.50%
  • I do not use EcoEarth

16 40.00%
  • Other

3 7.50%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Eco Earth

Thanks
    I've used Eco Earth and while it worked decently, I find it too dusty and doesn't hold the level of humidity I need well, either too wet or too dry all the time fiddling with it. I was using Jungle mix instead, maybe from Zoo Med? Don't remember the brand. I liked it much better but it's a bit pricey and only one of the pet stores near me mostly consistently stocks it and even they are out too often. So started buying organic, no fertilizer added peat moss bedding from the garden stores. It's very similar in texture to Eco Earth, just less dusty and holds humidity more evenly. As a bonus, 3 cu ft of it is only $11.

Thanks
    i use eco earth mixed with (pretty sure its zoomed) forest floor bedding, because i find the forest floor doesnt hold as much moisture as id like for my BP, but eco earth alone holds too much. i DO have a humidity hide with just eco earth in it however, so he can regulate humidity + temp and help with his shedding process.
    switching to bioactive soon though, so ill be mixing in sphagnum moss and other good stuff like top soil into that soon, i just have to find a ratio i like and works!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234