Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,647

1 members and 1,646 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Incubator temp hatching time

Just curious if anyone has noticed a difference in how many days it takes a egg to hatch depending on incubator temp? For example I know 88-90 degrees is that sweet spot and most people cut on day 55, well what if your incubator was set at 86 degrees the whole time. I’m not cutting my eggs so was just wondering if being 2 degrees less then the sweet spot temp if it will extend the hatch dated a couple more days???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts
    I would think the lower temp would extend the hatch date at least a couple days. Your best to just be patient and wait and see when they come out on their own. I don’t think eggs should be cut until at least one has pipped on its own.

Thanks

Re: Incubator temp hatching time

Yea I wasn’t gunna cut anyways because of the temp being lower, and without knowing for sure, and this is a very much anticipated clutch

Thanks
    A lower temp the whole time can extend the hatch date a few days to a week or two. Keep an eye for excessive dimpling and discoloration. I'd still cut the eggs to make sure all is well. It won't hurt to cut them at this point, just might take a while for them to come out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eramyl View Post
    A lower temp the whole time can extend the hatch date a few days to a week or two. Keep an eye for excessive dimpling and discoloration. I'd still cut the eggs to make sure all is well. It won't hurt to cut them at this point, just might take a while for them to come out.
    I’ve been cheating on them multiple times a day lol they are dimpled but they have been for awhile, thought I lost them because how bad they were but all is well when I candle them. I think I will mayyyybe cut them cone day 60.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I hatch at 88 and my animals slit at day 60 if at the end of they 60 they do not slut I cut.

My advice DO NOT cut until the first one pips, and or once you know for sure how long it takes for each clutch to hatch. There is no reason to expose your eggs to bacteria too early, or having your hatchling dry out.
    Deborah Stewart

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

leachracing57 (06-05-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    I hatch at 88 and my animals slit at day 60 if at the end of they 60 they do not slut I cut.

My advice DO NOT cut until the first one pips, and or once you know for sure how long it takes for each clutch to hatch. There is no reason to expose your eggs to bacteria too early, or having your hatchling dry out.
    I keep wanting to cut because there was a slight mid incubation problem and the eggs are sunken in a lot, but there is still big healthy vains in them and the snakes are still growing in them for sure I’m just getting antsy and want to make sure everything is okay.