Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,384

2 members and 1,382 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 617 Posts

Re: Was it a sign???

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Yeah, i have seen some pretty piss poor looking ones and some nice ones. I personally like little Luna. She has a nice pink shade to her. Her only issue is she is TERRIFIED of rats and coils up, machine guns the rat and runs away as fast as possible...and the rat is FT lol. Picked her up for $200 as a little tiny baby lol.

She is very pretty. Quirky too with the rat fear! At the end of the day, they all have their distinctive personalities. Are you looking to get another?

Sorry to hijack your thread Craig! Me & Sauzo's worlds collided on the Dum FB board - ha!

1.0 Lesser Mojave Ball Python "Neptune"; 1.0 Western Hognose "Murray"

Lizards:
    1.0 Bearded Dragon "Nigel"

Tarantulas:
    0.1 G. Rosea "Charlotte"; 0.1 B. Albopilosum "Matilda"; 0.1 C. Versicolor "Bijou"; 1.0 B. Boehmei "Lightening McQueen"

Inverts:
    1.0 Emperor Scorpion "Boba"

Dog & Cats:

1.0 Doberman Pinscher "Bulleit"; 1.0 Siamese Cat "Boudreaux"; 1.0 British Shorthair Cat "Oliver”

Goats:
    "Hazelnut" & "Huckleberry"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hilabeans For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (06-04-2018),Sauzo (06-03-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hilabeans View Post
    She is very pretty. Quirky too with the rat fear! At the end of the day, they all have their distinctive personalities. Are you looking to get another?

Sorry to hijack your thread Craig! Me & Sauzo's worlds collided on the Dum FB board - ha!
    Thanks. And yeah, it's funny she is scared of rats. I did trick her into eating one...or she tricked me into giving her more food. I rubbed 2 adult mice and a weaned rat together. She usually eats 2 adult mice every 2 weeks. but anyways, after rubbing all that together, i laid the raid down on a piece of cardboard with a mouse in either side. Luna's food drive slowly overwhelmed her fear and she cautiously snuck up on the food. She ate both mice and then slowly inspected the rat and finally ate it too lol. But next feeding day, she freaked out on the rat and ran away again haha. I gave up and just give her the 2 mice now. I'll worry about when she is bigger. Maybe her larger size will make her not so scared of rats if i start out on smaller ones.

As for another, not really. I'm looking at either another SD retic morph, a BHP, an ETB or another GTP. But before any of that, i AM getting a dang small chest freezer hahaha. And then i am going to post pics of it and frame them!! It will be like a momentous feat as i wanted to get one back when i had 4 snakes......i got 9 now and still no chest freezer lol.

Oh also considering a Woma as a cheaper and smaller alternative to a BHP
    Last edited by Sauzo; 06-03-2018 at 10:35 PM.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (06-04-2018),hilabeans (06-03-2018)

Thanks

Do a bredli, im getting a 1.1 pair of het stonewash (IIRC) for free with enclosures from my friend who made us a deal and wants merely a visual 1.1 pair when we get them (theyll be ready to breed next year)

We can share pictures regularly

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Potatoren For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (06-04-2018),rock (06-04-2018)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    And to Craig, go big brutha!! It's time for a SD/D retic morph!!!!
    Part of me wants to, they are stunning, impressive animals. But, I know my limitations and even a D/SD would likely exceed them.
    If there weren't so many other species I am interested in I'd be more inclined, but a retic is just mot for me.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hilabeans View Post
    No worries at all. I enjoy reading your thoughts, experiences, etc...
    I'm happy to learn new things, plus a Dum is on my "maybe" list...
    Last edited by Craiga 01453; 06-04-2018 at 05:14 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

hilabeans (06-04-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    Part of me wants to, they are stunning, impressive animals. But, I know my limitations and even a D/SD would likely exceed them.
    If there weren't so many other species I am interested in I'd be more inclined, but a retic is just mot for me.
    If it is a size matter, honestly, i too was worried at first which is what kept me from getting a retic a long time ago but if you get a SD/D from a reliable breeder and try to stick to a higher percentage SD blood with most or all the SD coming from mom, you should end up with a manageable snake for a single person.

Caesar is about 8 feet and easily manageable by me alone. He is kind of a lush though with his personality and if i get rather forceful with him, he will lay down and pout for lack of a better word. Not sure if other retics are like that but for Caesar it makes it easy to keep him in line. Now if i let him have his way, he goes all over from the top of the cage to the floor and all over lol.

Rosey my 7 foot boa is actually more of a handful than Caesar as far as weight and girth. Caesar is just longer and much more active. Honestly, i think you would like a retic. They are packed with personality. Like I've said before, Caesar and Harley my beardie are both there to greet me during the day. the boas looks at me but dont actually cruise over to me when i open a cage door and sit there looking at me and seeming to enjoy the interaction.

Oh just know also, owning a retic is not cheap lol. At least in my case. I go through full cage cleanings once a month and Caesar's food is a small fortune but he seems to be able to go about 2 weeks now and when i finally get chest freezer, food costs should drop. But retics piss and poop like a machine so i am always spot cleaning and like i said, i throw out the whole substrate once a month as it soaks up liquids.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 06-04-2018 at 07:35 AM.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (06-04-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts
    Boa Constrictor and Bredli both start with the letter B.

The word BOTH also starts with the letter B

It's a sign!
    Last edited by Gio; 06-04-2018 at 11:56 AM.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (06-04-2018),hilabeans (06-04-2018),jmcrook (06-04-2018),RickyNY (06-04-2018),rock (06-04-2018)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Boa Constrictor and Bredli both start with the letter B.

The word BOTH also starts with the letter B

It's a sign!
    Well played!!! So does Brisbane...so does Buy them all!!! Hahhahaha. I feel like my next two will almost definitely be a carpet/bredli and a boa. It's just in which order?????
    I have a feeling if I go carpet or Bredli this time, I'll go boa next and maybe finish the collection with whichever is left between carpet and Bredli

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Gio (06-04-2018),rock (06-04-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

Well played!!! So does Brisbane...so does Buy them all!!! Hahhahaha. I feel like my next two will almost definitely be a carpet/bredli and a boa. It's just in which order?????
    I have a feeling if I go carpet or Bredli this time, I'll go boa next and maybe finish the collection with whichever is left between carpet and Bredli
    Yes,

You will eventually want a boa constrictor if you don't choose to get one now.

Its nice to have a "New World" species in the collection. All around, they are excellent. They are big, but not too big. The are active but not annoyingly so or to the point of being unmanageable.

They are semi arboreal if you set them up for climbing.

And in all honesty, my SD X Dwarf X Mainland retic is 2 years old now and likely not 8 feet. The age of 2 is when the growth slows a lot.

I don't spend muck on food either. The breeder told me large rats fill suit him for the rest of his life. I mix rats and quail. I won't rule out very, very small rabbits, but that is only for variety.

I feed every 3-4 weeks and don't have issues with pushing, and really don't have to clean up after him much more than the others, though I do tend to find more waste with the retic.

Back to boas,,,,, I think if you were even half way excited about the first deal, you will be twice as excited about a nice locality boa constrictor that you researched and picked out on you own.

At this stage I'd say get the boa.
    Last edited by Gio; 06-04-2018 at 12:28 PM.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (06-05-2018),EL-Ziggy (06-04-2018),jmcrook (06-04-2018),rock (06-04-2018)

Thanks

Brisbane, Bredli, Boa... Mind blown!!! Mix in Ball Python and you have the perfect starter set!

For me, I might pick up a male boa and a female Brisbane. Don’t know why, just seems to make sense for me. Unless we have another baby. Whole other topic. Then I only get a new dog. Too many apex predators under one roof with a newborn.

So, Craig, if you don’t have the problems I do, strike while the iron is hot! 😊
    0.1 Super Pastel BP "Melly"
    1.0 Banana/Coral Glow BP "Titan"
    1.0 Morelia Bredli "Alpha Omega"
    0.1 Cavachon "Lola"
    0.1 Tabby Cat “Gato”
    0.2 Chickens
    1.0 Thoroughbred “Beau”
    1.0 Siberian Hamster "Bean"
    0.1 Wife
    1.2 Kids

Full House Living the suburban farm life in Miami.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rock For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (06-05-2018),Gio (06-04-2018)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast