Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,152

1 members and 1,151 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Was it a sign???

Hey, bud, I would take missing this deal as a sign. It’s a good perspective to view it from. That being said, I would only look at it as a sign that this particular snake and the set of cages were not meant to be for you at this time. I wouldn’t rule out another boa or any other snake you are interested in.

You will find the right snake at the right time for you. It’s great that you went through the thought and mental preparation on this last deal. Let’s see where it takes you now!

Btw, I am partial for you to get your hands on a Carpet but I definitely think any type of boa could be awesome. Good luck, brother.
    0.1 Super Pastel BP "Melly"
    1.0 Banana/Coral Glow BP "Titan"
    1.0 Morelia Bredli "Alpha Omega"
    0.1 Cavachon "Lola"
    0.1 Tabby Cat “Gato”
    0.2 Chickens
    1.0 Thoroughbred “Beau”
    1.0 Siberian Hamster "Bean"
    0.1 Wife
    1.2 Kids

Full House Living the suburban farm life in Miami.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rock For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (06-03-2018),Craiga 01453 (06-03-2018),EL-Ziggy (06-03-2018),richardhind1972 (06-03-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    Kinda an insensitive and ignorant reply, considering I'm an alcoholic/addict in recovery.
    But you probably have never been through it or watched somebody you love suffer through this disease.

Not all addicts are on unemployment (the vast majority are NOT) and not everybody who has mite infested, emaciated animals is an addict.

So, it's easy to sit there and make those comments if you've never walked in those shoes. But hey, ignorance is bliss
    Both my parents are hopeless alcoholics and beat me as a child, but yeah, I suppose I'm just ignorant....

But good luck with your recovery, sincerely, it's nice to see those who work hard to better themselves, and I apologize if you took it personally.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alter-Echo For This Useful Post:

Avsha531 (06-03-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hilabeans View Post
    I'm on Paul Mitzelfelt's wait list for a male Dumeril's from his Ruby line. They are just ovulating so it'll still be months. Gah! But they are so gorgeous, the most beautiful Dums I've seen, that I'm just gonna have to grin and bare it and hope I don't get impatient and get something less than what I really want
    Ahhh that's so exciting!! Dumeril's are so difficult to find (at least compared to some other snakes). I've seen photos of what Paul has produced and they are gorgeous. I was resigned to wait for Tinley in October until I happened to see that Reptile Rapture had a female. Now it'll just be tempting to add a second in October...
    BALL PYTHONS: 1.0 Pied/Clark, 1.0 Pastel Vanilla Super Stripe/Sunny, 0.1 Dragon Fly/Buffy, 0.1 Pastel Vanilla Yellow Belly/Cher, 0.1 BEL (Mojave Lesser)/Arya, 0.0.1 Normal/Norm, 0.1 Cinnamon Enchi/Peaches, 1.0 Cinnamon Calico/Yoshi, 0.1 Pewter Het Dreamsicle/Ariel
    BOAS: 0.1 Dumeril's/Memphis, 0.1 BCL/Artemis, 1.0 BCO/Grimm, 0.1 Suriname BCC/Rhubarb
    CORN SNAKES: 0.0.1/Mushu
    MORELIA: 0.1 Bredli/Zelda, 0.1 Granite IJ/Bridget, 0.1 Caramel Diamond Jungle/Pixie

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WhompingWillow For This Useful Post:

hilabeans (06-03-2018)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alter-Echo View Post
    Both my parents are hopeless alcoholics and beat me as a child, but yeah, I suppose I'm just ignorant....

But good luck with your recovery, sincerely, it's nice to see those who work hard to better themselves, and I apologize if you took it personally.
    I didn't take it personally. I just don't think it's fair to pigeon hole like that.

I'm sorry to hear about your parents, but nobody is hopeless.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rock View Post
    Hey, bud, I would take missing this deal as a sign. It’s a good perspective to view it from. That being said, I would only look at it as a sign that this particular snake and the set of cages were not meant to be for you at this time. I wouldn’t rule out another boa or any other snake you are interested in.

You will find the right snake at the right time for you. It’s great that you went through the thought and mental preparation on this last deal. Let’s see where it takes you now!

Btw, I am partial for you to get your hands on a Carpet but I definitely think any type of boa could be awesome. Good luck, brother.
    Yeah, I haven't ruled out a boa by any means. But, I do believe things happen (or don't) for a reason. I think this simply tipped the scales a bit in the carpet favor.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

rock (06-03-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    Yeah, I haven't ruled out a boa by any means. But, I do believe things happen (or don't) for a reason. I think this simply tipped the scales a bit in the carpet favor.
    I mean, a Carpet is bada$$. No one is going to be able to say otherwise. 😊
    0.1 Super Pastel BP "Melly"
    1.0 Banana/Coral Glow BP "Titan"
    1.0 Morelia Bredli "Alpha Omega"
    0.1 Cavachon "Lola"
    0.1 Tabby Cat “Gato”
    0.2 Chickens
    1.0 Thoroughbred “Beau”
    1.0 Siberian Hamster "Bean"
    0.1 Wife
    1.2 Kids

Full House Living the suburban farm life in Miami.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rock For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (06-04-2018),RickyNY (06-04-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

I'm on Paul Mitzelfelt's wait list for a male Dumeril's from his Ruby line. They are just ovulating so it'll still be months. Gah! But they are so gorgeous, the most beautiful Dums I've seen, that I'm just gonna have to grin and bare it and hope I don't get impatient and get something less than what I really want.

I was THIS close to getting a rehomed Dum off CL a couple of weeks ago...she was 4 years old, unusually small and only eating live (which I definitely didn't want), but her owner insisted I take this massive aquarium tank and stand that she had been in, I couldn't just have the snake. So that gave me pause and then I really started evaluating if that's what I really wanted. At the end of the day what I really wanted was a Ruby line male from Paul. So I passed and now I'm so glad I did. However, no more CL browsing for me. I gotta save myself from myself.
    Haha, i think you replied to my post Hilabeans on the dumerils FB page about the ruby line. You perked my curiosity so i had to go look and couldnt find ANYTHING about them on the internet. Only found stuff about T+ ones being worked on in Europe and so called hypo ones being worked on here in the states. So i asked on the dumerils FB page. So it looks like they arent actually a morph. They are just selectively bred for a more reddish color. Interesting.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks
    And to Craig, go big brutha!! It's time for a SD/D retic morph!!!!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (06-04-2018),jmcrook (06-04-2018),RickyNY (06-04-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 617 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Haha, i think you replied to my post Hilabeans on the dumerils FB page about the ruby line. You perked my curiosity so i had to go look and couldnt find ANYTHING about them on the internet. Only found stuff about T+ ones being worked on in Europe and so called hypo ones being worked on here in the states. So i asked on the dumerils FB page. So it looks like they arent actually a morph. They are just selectively bred for a more reddish color. Interesting.
    OMG - is that you?! LOL, small world. Yep, no morphs just bred for more of a sunset color.

I haven't seen any Dumeril's morphs, but I have seen some terrible looking normal Dums and stunningly beautiful ones.

1.0 Lesser Mojave Ball Python "Neptune"; 1.0 Western Hognose "Murray"

Lizards:
    1.0 Bearded Dragon "Nigel"

Tarantulas:
    0.1 G. Rosea "Charlotte"; 0.1 B. Albopilosum "Matilda"; 0.1 C. Versicolor "Bijou"; 1.0 B. Boehmei "Lightening McQueen"

Inverts:
    1.0 Emperor Scorpion "Boba"

Dog & Cats:

1.0 Doberman Pinscher "Bulleit"; 1.0 Siamese Cat "Boudreaux"; 1.0 British Shorthair Cat "Oliver”

Goats:
    "Hazelnut" & "Huckleberry"

Thanks

OMG - is that you?! LOL, small world. Yep, no morphs just bred for more of a sunset color.

I haven't seen any Dumeril's morphs, but I have seen some terrible looking normal Dums and stunningly beautiful ones.
    Yeah, i have seen some pretty piss poor looking ones and some nice ones. I personally like little Luna. She has a nice pink shade to her. Her only issue is she is TERRIFIED of rats and coils up, machine guns the rat and runs away as fast as possible...and the rat is FT lol. Picked her up for $200 as a little tiny baby lol.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (06-04-2018),hilabeans (06-03-2018)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast