Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,456

2 members and 3,454 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 617 Posts
    BOTH.

If you have capacity for two anyway, why limit yourself? Get yourself a Boa and a Carpet!

I'm on a wait list currently for my next snake and it will be a Boa. It's killing me, but I want exactly what I want, so I'm willing to wait. And I'm censoring myself from CL in the meantime to make sure I don't cave.

1.0 Lesser Mojave Ball Python "Neptune"; 1.0 Western Hognose "Murray"

Lizards:
    1.0 Bearded Dragon "Nigel"

Tarantulas:
    0.1 G. Rosea "Charlotte"; 0.1 B. Albopilosum "Matilda"; 0.1 C. Versicolor "Bijou"; 1.0 B. Boehmei "Lightening McQueen"

Inverts:
    1.0 Emperor Scorpion "Boba"

Dog & Cats:

1.0 Doberman Pinscher "Bulleit"; 1.0 Siamese Cat "Boudreaux"; 1.0 British Shorthair Cat "Oliver”

Goats:
    "Hazelnut" & "Huckleberry"

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hilabeans For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (06-02-2018),Craiga 01453 (06-03-2018),dakski (06-02-2018),Gio (06-04-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Re: Was it a sign???

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian View Post
    Yeah I've held a yearling Boa and I think that's a good size to start with. It was crazy strong compared to my Burm at that size too. Are Boas more active compared to Burms considering they're more arboreal? My Burm is really lazy until I get her out, kinda like a big Ball python.

I love the look of the Argentine Boas.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Depends. Some nights, my boas are just bonkers and climb all over the place. Other nights, they are are just slugs. I have never owned a burm but i will say so far, Caesar the retic is the most active of everyone. He is out and about at night 90% of the time. The boas like i said are sometimes going bonkers but usually it is more towards feeding day.

And Pat was really active when i got him but now he is kind of like a BP on a stick lol. He usually moves around to 3 different spots.....his cool spot in the back behind a plant, the front perch right out front or directly under his CHE. Then when it gets close to dinner, i sometimes catch him cruising around a little.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hilabeans View Post
    BOTH.

If you have capacity for two anyway, why limit yourself? Get yourself a Boa and a Carpet!

I'm on a wait list currently for my next snake and it will be a Boa. It's killing me, but I want exactly what I want, so I'm willing to wait. And I'm censoring myself from CL in the meantime to make sure I don't cave.
    What boa are you getting?
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

hilabeans (06-03-2018),Valyrian (06-03-2018)

Thanks
    I have been really think Macklots are pretty awesome snakes maybe something to consider?
    Domestic Short Hair - Miss Becky
    Russian Blue - Church
    Miniature Poodle - Pierre LaPoodlePants
    Banana BP - Yuri Katsuki

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C.Marie For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (06-03-2018),Reinz (06-03-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reinz View Post
    I don't agree that CL is a terrible place for animals. I got 7 of my 9 snakes from CL and am very happy about my transactions. I even made two new friends.

I do agree that many are poorly cared for. As far as classy, who am I to judge? I’m just an old Redneck that loves animals. I have no claims to class myself.
    Where I live, our local Craigslist is filled with meth heads and heroin addicts selling off their mite infested emaciated reptiles in their never been cleaned enclosures so they have some rent money since they spent all their unemployment money on dope.... I can't even look on Craigslist anymore, it just irks me. I'm glad you have had a much better experience.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alter-Echo For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (06-03-2018),Reinz (06-03-2018)

BPnet Senior Member richardhind1972's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,173 Times in 3,204 Posts

Sorry didn’t mean to offend when I said second hand snake , We don’t have Craig’s list in the U.K. but we have something called pre-loved, sounds a similar thing and Ive had snakes from there too and also had rescue snakes boas and corns from people who have neglected and unloved them and your right it’s actually really rewarding gaining there trust and bringing back to full health
    Boas are such cool snakes

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to richardhind1972 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (06-03-2018),Craiga 01453 (06-03-2018),Valyrian (06-03-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by C.Marie View Post
    I have been really think Macklots are pretty awesome snakes maybe something to consider?
    Those Macs have been knocking at my door. I have really been refraining myself from getting one. It’s a good thing I’m out of space or probably would have caved by now.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Reinz For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (06-03-2018)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alter-Echo View Post
    Where I live, our local Craigslist is filled with meth heads and heroin addicts selling off their mite infested emaciated reptiles in their never been cleaned enclosures so they have some rent money since they spent all their unemployment money on dope.... I can't even look on Craigslist anymore, it just irks me. I'm glad you have had a much better experience.
    Kinda an insensitive and ignorant reply, considering I'm an alcoholic/addict in recovery.
    But you probably have never been through it or watched somebody you love suffer through this disease.

Not all addicts are on unemployment (the vast majority are NOT) and not everybody who has mite infested, emaciated animals is an addict.

So, it's easy to sit there and make those comments if you've never walked in those shoes. But hey, ignorance is bliss

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Avsha531 (06-03-2018),C.Marie (06-03-2018),Reinz (06-03-2018),rock (06-03-2018)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hilabeans View Post
    BOTH.

Chances are pretty good that's how it'll play out over the next year or two...

What are you on the wait list for?? The suspense is killing me!!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

hilabeans (06-03-2018)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by C.Marie View Post
    Thanks, now I have something else to research for a while. It definitely won't be my next snake, but maybe someday. Now that the bug is in my ear I want to learn about them. I love learning new things and maybe it's a species I'd enjoy. Thanks for the tip.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (06-03-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 617 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    What boa are you getting?
    Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    What are you on the wait list for?? The suspense is killing me!!!
    I'm on Paul Mitzelfelt's wait list for a male Dumeril's from his Ruby line. They are just ovulating so it'll still be months. Gah! But they are so gorgeous, the most beautiful Dums I've seen, that I'm just gonna have to grin and bare it and hope I don't get impatient and get something less than what I really want.

I was THIS close to getting a rehomed Dum off CL a couple of weeks ago...she was 4 years old, unusually small and only eating live (which I definitely didn't want), but her owner insisted I take this massive aquarium tank and stand that she had been in, I couldn't just have the snake. So that gave me pause and then I really started evaluating if that's what I really wanted. At the end of the day what I really wanted was a Ruby line male from Paul. So I passed and now I'm so glad I did. However, no more CL browsing for me. I gotta save myself from myself.

1.0 Lesser Mojave Ball Python "Neptune"; 1.0 Western Hognose "Murray"

Lizards:
    1.0 Bearded Dragon "Nigel"

Tarantulas:
    0.1 G. Rosea "Charlotte"; 0.1 B. Albopilosum "Matilda"; 0.1 C. Versicolor "Bijou"; 1.0 B. Boehmei "Lightening McQueen"

Inverts:
    1.0 Emperor Scorpion "Boba"

Dog & Cats:

1.0 Doberman Pinscher "Bulleit"; 1.0 Siamese Cat "Boudreaux"; 1.0 British Shorthair Cat "Oliver”

Goats:
    "Hazelnut" & "Huckleberry"

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hilabeans For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (06-03-2018),dakski (06-03-2018),richardhind1972 (06-03-2018),Sauzo (06-03-2018)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast