Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,776

1 members and 2,775 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,791 Times in 11,826 Posts

Thanks
    Afterthought: I don't know why it took so long to find Vine...wouldn't we all have searched every inch of our own property first? He obviously delayed
    reporting that she was loose, not wanting to face the reactions from neighbors & the town. So to have her turn up in his own shed just seems like he
    looked everywhere else first, no doubt in a panic, before checking his own shed...? Really unfortunate, both for him & for all of us not wanting more
    places passing regulations & bans on the creatures we love. (Lesson: remember that "snakes go in shed"....how appropriate to find her there, lol.)

Thanks
    So he found her that's awesome, just throwing it out there but is it possible that she did go on a small adventure and got spooked and just happened upon the shed? After all locking things doesn't seem to be his strong suite
    Domestic Short Hair - Miss Becky
    Russian Blue - Church
    Miniature Poodle - Pierre LaPoodlePants
    Banana BP - Yuri Katsuki

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts
    I wonder if he is going to have to get rid of it since there is a town ordinance.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Reinz For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-27-2018)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    I am guessing the shed was checked multiple times. Just because the snake was found there doesn't mean it was in there the whole time.

Thanks

Re: Burmese loose in the city

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    I am guessing the shed was checked multiple times. Just because the snake was found there doesn't mean it was in there the whole time.
    Doesn't mean it wasn't, either. Maybe they thought there was no way the snake could get in there (ie. the door was closed or locked) but the snake found
    a loose board? Seems less likely to me that the snake really went exploring the area, only to circle back like a homing pigeon...but I guess we'll never know.
    I hope the snake wasn't harmed by excessive heat, sheds offer security but the heat really builds up. We all know that snakes usually choose security over
    the correct temperatures. Also, the possible scent of wild rodents probably attracted the snake to the shed in the first place. Pity we can't interview the snake.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Doesn't mean it wasn't, either. Maybe they thought there was no way the snake could get in there (ie. the door was closed or locked) but the snake found
    a loose board? Seems less likely to me that the snake really went exploring the area, only to circle back like a homing pigeon...but I guess we'll never know.
    I hope the snake wasn't harmed by excessive heat, sheds offer security but the heat really builds up. We all know that snakes usually choose security over
    the correct temperatures. Also, the possible scent of wild rodents probably attracted the snake to the shed in the first place. Pity we can't interview the snake.
    Very true. Since the snake is the only one who knows, I guess we never will.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reinz View Post
    I wonder if he is going to have to get rid of it since there is a town ordinance.
    I'd be surprised if he currently has custody of the snake, since it's illegal there. And that's the really bad news for the snake: it's not that he was a perfect
    owner, far from it. But sometimes when any sort of law enforcement confiscates a snake (whether it's Game & Fish, or local animal control), they may not
    take proper care of it, and may not even care to, while he waits for his court date. (I'm hoping they let a zoo handle it?)

In any event, he'll now be under INTENSE scrutiny as to the security of his "crate" & his methods in general. I predict he'll be moving...
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 05-27-2018 at 11:09 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Reinz (05-27-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ladywhipple02 View Post
    Vine the Burmese python has been found safe and sound...

http://www.wishtv.com/news/local-new...hed/1200975951

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    So pleased to hear this!!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    ok here's an update: the owner has to give up Vine, his 14footer. i don't know their local laws, but seems kinda far reaching since he has to give up all his snakes and own no snakes moving forward; in addition, he surrenders his permit to keep rescue and rehab snakes. a big panic was started, it sucks and this is a bad price for him and community.

https://fox59.com/2018/08/27/owner-o...ine-from-city/
    Owner of Beech Grove python agrees to give up snakes to avoid fine from city
    BEECH GROVE, Ind. – The owner of the Burmese python that infamously got loose in Beech Grove earlier this year has agreed to give up his snakes.

Owner Benny Tarplee was facing a fine of $2,500 after his python named Vine was loose in the city for several days.

Tarplee believes the 14-foot snake got out because someone accidentally left her cage unlocked. She was later found under the owner’s shed, but not before people online had some fun. A parody Twitter account was created in her honor.

Once Tarplee gets rid of his snakes and signs an affidavit confirming he has done so, the city says it will drop the fine. Additionally, he will have to give up his DNR permit to rehabilitate snakes.

An attorney for the city says this addresses safety concerns of neighbors and residents.

not sure where this article came up w/ the headline Beech Grove python owner to give up his snakes to avoid jail time: https://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-up-his-snakes
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

bcr229 (08-29-2018),Bogertophis (08-29-2018)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast