Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,756

0 members and 2,756 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Corny goes to the vet

i never thought i'd have to make such a thread, but here we are! i've said over and over again on this forum: "if Corny ever refuses a meal, he's going to the vet!" i was already working on finding a vet and trying to talk to a vet on the phone because Corny has suffered some unexplained weight loss, but this past weekend Corny refused his large mouse, so i just went ahead and booked an appointment for a fecal smear and an exam.

the place is really far from me, but it was one of the only well-reviewed exotic vets around and they also had a pic of a ball python on their website and not just dogs/cats, so i took that as a good sign. our appt is this saturday 9am cst.

when i gave the lady Corny's name she just started laughing lol. i was like "i didn't name him, i just kept it." i was also really, really confused when she asked "Color?" as in what color he was. hahaha.

i'll be updating you all as we go! i'm really nervous!!! any advice on bringing a snake into a vet? i've only done this once when Yellow was just a baby. any specific questions i should ask regarding the smear or other exams/tests?

thanks everyone.
    Last edited by tttaylorrr; 05-21-2018 at 05:07 PM.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎