Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,015

2 members and 3,013 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    @JimFoxValleyReptiles Thanks again for your input. I'm glad someone else sees the pattern reduction. I'm certain something is going on with the leopard hatchling at least, if not with the Dame and the male hatchling spider.

By the way, when you say "the male has leopard", do you mean the leopard spider, or the male that I think is just a spider with the reduction gene? To be clear, there are two males with the spider gene in them. I'm fairly certain that only one has leopard. I think the other has the reduction gene, but I suppose the leopard spider could have it too. This is my first time producing one and I'm not sure if he's significantly different than other leopard spiders.

But now that I've seen more KRG, I tend to agree that it's probably not the reduction gene I'm seeing in this clutch. I'll definitely breed the female again, hopefully that will help clarify some things. And thanks for helping identify the leopard pied.

Back on topic, I saw something on morph market today that caught my attention: https://www.morphmarket.com/us/c/rep...pythons/130465

The snake in the link looks an awful lot like my girl, and she's a leopard yellowbelly. I've seen leopard yellowbellies before, but never with a pattern that reduced. I'm aware that yellowbellies can be very variable though, some with busy jungle-like patterns and others with reduction instead. I did a little digging and there are other reduced pattern leopard yellowbellies out there from other breeders, so I don't think the appearance of the one in the link is a fluke, or due to her het.

If the reduction I'm seeing in my clutch is yellowbelly, it could be hiding in my spiders. Admittedly, I've always had a hard time seeing yellowbelly in spiders. I think my Dame is similar to this one though: https://www.morphmarket.com/us/c/rep...pythons/105922

It has some of the same traits that I thought were KRG, like the missing stripes and the floating black marks on her back. Now that I've compared the two, I think hers are more like yellowbelly spiders than KRG spiders. If she is a yellowbelly, then I'm fairly certain the male spider is too. He's definitely a momma's boy in terms of color and pattern.

I'm still not sure on the leopard spider. I pulled a few pics off morphmarket for comparison.
    Leopard spider: https://www.morphmarket.com/us/c/rep...pythons/104098
    Yellowbelly leopard spider: https://www.morphmarket.com/us/c/rep...-pythons/79910

In terms of color, my boy is more like the first, but in terms of pattern, more like the second. He's busier near the head than most leopard spiders I've seen. He's more peachy yellow than green-ish yellow though.

So what does everyone think? Is yellowbelly my missing pattern reducer? If it is, which snakes have it and which don't?
    ~ Ball Pythons - Rosy Boas - - Western Hognose Snakes - Mexican Black Kingsnakes - Corn Snakes ~

Check me out on iHerp, Instagram, & visit my store!

Thanks
    Today I decided to take belly pics of my Leopard ph Pied (now strongly suspected yellowbelly) hatchling. Does this look a "checkered" pattern to you?

The sides are a bit closer together than most yellowbellies, but it looks similar to me. Maybe it's the leopard influence changing things up, or the ph pied. I'm really not sure. Either way, I've decided to hold this girl back.
    ~ Ball Pythons - Rosy Boas - - Western Hognose Snakes - Mexican Black Kingsnakes - Corn Snakes ~

Check me out on iHerp, Instagram, & visit my store!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    ^ looks more het Pied IMO. if it had YB, there would be other YB indicators as well. glad u held her back, she's super pretty and will surely prove out.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123