Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,904

0 members and 2,904 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Registered User littlemaxbigworld's Avatar
    Thanks

Excited for feeding day!!

Is anyone else always super excited for feeding day? I think it's the ritual of going to the pet store, seeing the same friendly staff that I've been getting to know every week, and spending way tooooo long looking at all of the snakes and lizards and spiders and scorpions that I wish I could take home with me. Now, the feeding itself makes me a little sad. I feed live and while it's a natural occurrence my heart still hurts a little every time. I loooove rodents and grew up with pet rats, and even would take my pet rat to school every day in my jacket pocket. So it's bitter sweet. But still, it's feeding day!! Or more appropriately, IT'S TRIP TO THE PETSTORE DAY!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to littlemaxbigworld For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (05-19-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Re: Excited for feeding day!!

i love feeding day. it's like, one of the coolest parts of owning a snake! i'd always watch them eat if they'd let me...

EDIT: i really want a pet rat! they're amazing animals and once i have the space i'd consider it!
    Last edited by tttaylorrr; 05-19-2018 at 03:45 PM.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Registered User littlemaxbigworld's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Excited for feeding day!!

Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    i love feeding day. it's like, one of the coolest parts of owning a snake! i'd always watch them eat if they'd let me...

EDIT: i really want a pet rat! they're amazing animals and once i have the space i'd consider it!
    Haha I love watching them eat cause it's fascinating but watching the rat die and watching it twitch and hearing it cry really hurts me. :'( But once it's dead and she starts stretching and eating it its a mix of 'Omg so cool' and 'Omg you look like you’re gonna kill yourself can you really eat that are you sure omg don't die' hahaha

I loved having pet rats. But it's just way too much responsibility for me now. They need a much larger cage than people expect, and the fact that they just pee everywhere means infinite laundry trips, urine stalactites that form and hang from the cage grating, they have to be handled daily all of the time and go through lots of trust exercises to be comfortable being lap rats, and I just don't have the time for it any more. (( So I get my rat fix before I feed. haha probably doesn't help my heart but I have no other way!