Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,664

1 members and 2,663 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Menelas (42)

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Dachshund attack

Okay I don’t know how to link things but had anyone heard about this case where a woman was killed by a pack of 7 DACHSHUND?!? Wtf !!!and they attack us as keepers of 3-5 foot balls?!?!? I can’t tell you how pissed I am lol but also hysterical I am lol sorry for the loss but truly insane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Aerries For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-17-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    oh just post the link to the article. see: https://www.yahoo.com/news/oklahoma-...042920050.html

or get fancy and post some or all of the story in a quote tags:

A woman in Oklahoma died after she was mauled by dachshund mixes allegedly belonging to a neighbor.

On Thursday, 52-year-old Tracy Garcia was attacked by a pack of seven dogs — all weighing less than 40 pounds and shorter than knee-length — near her home on Banyon Road in Ardmore, Oklahoma, reports KXII News 12.

“From what it appeared, about seven dogs had attacked her,” Carter County Sheriff Chris Bryant told Oklahoma News Four, adding that when authorities arrived on the scene, one of the dogs charged at them, and they ultimately had to shoot the canine.

“Unfortunately, yes, we had to shoot one dog,” Bryant told the outlet. “It did charge our deputies and to protect our deputies, as well as the medical personnel, we did have to put down a dog.”

The remaining six dogs were euthanized at their owner’s request, according to KXII News 12.
    According to the euthanasia technician, Amanda Dinwiddie, all of the dogs were standard dachshund – also known as sausage or weiner dogs – mixes, with six of the canines being a mix of dachshund and terrier, while the other was believed to be a border collie mix.

“A predominant breed in these dogs is definitely standard dachshund,” Dinwiddie told KXII-12. “They have really noticeable characteristics like their knobby legs, knees, very short legged dogs and their coats.”

Dinwiddie added that the dogs — three of which were females and the other four males — “ranged from probably a year to about three years” old.

In addition, Dinwiddie said that the dogs did not have any visible health concerns, but noted that they were all infested with fleas and ticks.
    “This is a bad situation, a very unfortunate situation,” Carter County Sheriff Chris Bryant told KTEN News.

“Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family of the victims,” he added. “This is just a bad deal all the way around.”

According to KXII 12, Bryant says the incident, which is still under investigation, will be turned over to the District Attorney’s office for review.
    or be cool and hyperlink the article: Oklahoma Woman Dies After Being Mauled by Pack of Dachshund Dogs

RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-17-2018),tttaylorrr (05-18-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,803 Times in 11,832 Posts
    I agree...it's ridiculous! I am a dog lover and it has always ticked me off when owners of small dogs allow bad behavior. I have LITERALLY had a small
    dog biting the hem of my pants (not actually my leg or I'd have kicked it, but not for lack of trying either!) WHILE the owners stood there in total denial
    saying "oh he doesn't bite"!? Dachshunds can be great pets but not when allowed to go feral, and the breed is fairly prone to biting anyway. I feel so bad
    for that woman who lost her life from such stupidity, & I hope they prosecute the dog's owner. Just tragic.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 05-17-2018 at 06:28 PM.

Thanks
    What did they do, gnaw her feet off?!?

Thanks

Re: Dachshund attack

Quote Originally Posted by Alter-Echo View Post
    What did they do, gnaw her feet off?!?
    She probably fell during the attack? I'm not sure I want any more details...it's just too bad no one was able to come to her aid in time.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,497 Posts

Unfortunately for me, I have three of the aforementioned demon animals. As you can see by this picture, they strike fear into the heart of every person that sees them. As if that is not bad enough, the middle one is a rescue that came off the mean streets from the hood. She is a Dachshund Yorkshire Terrier mix, aka a "Dorkie". Squirrels and rabbits alike know better than to hang out in my backyard. If you don't believe me about how vicious they are, the Dorkie once killed a butterfly, midflight. Just ran and grabbed it like Godzilla eating Mothra. True story. Oh the horror!

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rlditmars For This Useful Post:

Avsha531 (05-17-2018),Bogertophis (05-17-2018),Hannahshissyfix (05-19-2018),John1982 (05-18-2018),Jus1More (05-18-2018),KevinK (05-18-2018),Slicercrush (05-18-2018)

Thanks

Wow, really not sure if I should be laughing or crying right now...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa - Sir Hiss🎩🐍
    0.1 Pastel Ball Python - Exzahrah
    0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Nymeria
    0.1 Suriname Red Tail BCC- Sascha
    0.1 WT Ball Python- Ariana
    1.0 Bumblebee Ball Python- Fabio

WISHLIST:
    Dumerils Boa
    Candino BP
    Granite IJ Carpet Python
    White Lipped Python
    Komodo Dragon

"​Normal is just a setting on the washing machine..."

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Avsha531 For This Useful Post:

Godzilla78 (05-18-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts
    Well, in all fairness they said Dachshund/Terrier mixes.

Without going into the whole pitbull and bull terrier mess, a mix between a terrier of that kind and a standard sized Dachshund can be quite a more formidable dog then what we picture as a Dachshund. Most wiener dogs we see are also the Mini breed. The Standards are a fair bit bigger.

It says they were less then 40 pounds, but what does that mean? Obviously up to 40 pounds? I've known some smaller sized bull terriers that could tear you up if they wanted to.

Even a standard sized Dachshund has a pretty big mouth and a good bite, but mixed with possibly a good sized terrier with a pretty good bite strength ...and all of them attacking as a pack, I can see them over powering a older lady.

I saw the police even had to shoot one dog, as it tried to attack them. So apparently they weren't just cute little Weiner dogs.

While the headline reads kind of ridiculous and funny, I think they use the whole Dachshund thing to make a "story" out of it. They were mixed dogs, probably on short legs, but still stout with a good bite on them.

Really to bad, the lady is dead and the dogs will die, too ..just because the owner had no control over them.
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupČry

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-18-2018),Godzilla78 (05-18-2018),tttaylorrr (05-18-2018)

Thanks
    Both Dachshunds & terriers are dogs that tend to use their teeth, & these were obviously out of control & poorly socialized. If you estimate each weighed 35 lbs,
    those 7 dogs together added up to 245 lbs, attacking an older lady of 52 years who was likely caught off-guard; I think I read somewhere it happened about 10 pm.

No matter how cute & comical you think typical Dachshunds are, these were mixes & behaved as a pack. They need to change the laws there, dogs should never
    be allowed to roam like this...it doesn't end well for humans or dogs.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

zina10 (05-18-2018)

Thanks

Those of us that keep large, "dangerous" breeds (GSD, Rottweiler/Husky mix, Malamute right here) probably feel a little vindicated by reading this story, but it just goes to prove the sad fact that it's not the dog, it's the owner that makes the dog.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ladywhipple02 For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteApril (05-18-2018)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast