Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,069

4 members and 3,065 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

A Soul for a Soul

I wanted to share something special to me with my fellow snake community. I lost my beloved dog to renal failure back on Easter Monday last month. It was one of the hardest things ever letting her go, but at the same time 2 days prior to her passing I gained a beautiful female hypo hog island boa named Zarah and who happens to be the sister of my other hypo hog island boa Raina. Every time I get Zarah out of her enclosure she is super calm and when I settle down with her on my bed, she tends to always either chills in my arms or snuggles just between my neck and shoulder. I thought at the beginning that it was odd for a boa to be affectionate like she was doing but then had another thought that just maybe it was my beloved doggies soul that had settled in her. I know it sounds crazy and I'm not one to believe in reincarnation or anything like that, but the way Zarah acts around me with trust and kindness is out of this world and reminds me of my doggie.
    Just thought I would share that with you guys, even though you might be thinking this woman has gone nuts...LOL Guess you could say that now I know in my heart that my little doggie has crossed the Rainbow Bridge and is finally at peace. Attached is a picture of Zarah chilling in my arms.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jus1More For This Useful Post:

Avsha531 (05-17-2018),Bogertophis (05-17-2018),C.Marie (05-17-2018),MD_Pythons (05-18-2018),richardhind1972 (05-17-2018),the_rotten1 (05-17-2018)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: A Soul for a Soul

Quote Originally Posted by Jus1More View Post
    I wanted to share something special to me with my fellow snake community. I lost my beloved dog to renal failure back on Easter Monday last month. It was one of the hardest things ever letting her go, but at the same time 2 days prior to her passing I gained a beautiful female hypo hog island boa named Zarah and who happens to be the sister of my other hypo hog island boa Raina. Every time I get Zarah out of her enclosure she is super calm and when I settle down with her on my bed, she tends to always either chills in my arms or snuggles just between my neck and shoulder. I thought at the beginning that it was odd for a boa to be affectionate like she was doing but then had another thought that just maybe it was my beloved doggies soul that had settled in her. I know it sounds crazy and I'm not one to believe in reincarnation or anything like that, but the way Zarah acts around me with trust and kindness is out of this world and reminds me of my doggie.
    Just thought I would share that with you guys, even though you might be thinking this woman has gone nuts...LOL Guess you could say that now I know in my heart that my little doggie has crossed the Rainbow Bridge and is finally at peace. Attached is a picture of Zarah chilling in my arms.

Sorry.. still learning on posting pictures! LOL

Thanks
    Thanked 1,244 Times in 667 Posts
    That’s heart warming. Sorry for your loss

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Phillydubs For This Useful Post:

Jus1More (05-18-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,797 Times in 11,828 Posts
    I'm so sorry that you lost your beloved dog. While I'm not exactly a believer in reincarnation either, none of us knows for sure. So many animals bring peace and
    joy to our lives...so who knows? While no pet exactly replaces another, it's a real blessing when they can fill such a special place in our lives. And maybe it's the
    vibe that you give to your pets that brings such warmth in return? Whatever it is, life is so much better with our pet-pals.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Jus1More (05-18-2018)

Thanks
    It's not silly at all stranger things have happened, congratulations gorgeous snake, and you have my deepest sympathies for the loss of your friend , ~healing hugs from across the miles ~
    Domestic Short Hair - Miss Becky
    Russian Blue - Church
    Miniature Poodle - Pierre LaPoodlePants
    Banana BP - Yuri Katsuki

9. The Following User Says Thank You to C.Marie For This Useful Post:

Jus1More (05-18-2018)