Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,280

0 members and 1,280 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,244 Times in 667 Posts

Re: Who here loves them some SUSHI...?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Team Slytherin View Post
    Muwhahahaha, you did it!!! Congrats; he’s gorgeous! And big!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Another TEAM DUM member !!

REPRESENT!!!

thanks so much for the kind words and your help as well!!

yea he is a big healthy boy. Was 735 g when I unbagged and I’d say at least 3 feet!

i was so torn between going the hatchling route and him.

The hatchling prospects i had were meek and the my baby dum wont eat stories were needling me. Once I saw him I think I knew right away where my heart was.

Thanks

Anytime! I think that’s the way to pick em...your gut always knows! I also think you made a smart choice getting a well-started animal.

Case in point, Sushi and Nagini are roughly the same age. He’s over 700 grams? She weighed in at 232 last week. Her body condition is great, but she’s just little! I assume it’s just a result of only eating once a month for a year

You’re gonna love this guy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Team Slytherin View Post
    Anytime! I think that’s the way to pick em...your gut always knows! I also think you made a smart choice getting a well-started animal.

Case in point, Sushi and Nagini are roughly the same age. He’s over 700 grams? She weighed in at 232 last week. Her body condition is great, but she’s just little! I assume it’s just a result of only eating once a month for a year

You’re gonna love this guy.

Yea he was 730 maybe even bigger he was like half hanging of my scale w his big arse!! I need a bigger dish for the top with him in the collection!!

he was born sometime in 2016 I don’t have a date yet. The guy I got him from wasn’t the most ummm chummy to put it lightly. But whatever I got a nice snake I don’t need a friendship but that’s beside the point.

I acrually went male because I have seen some HUGE females. However there have been some big males noted so we shall see. He’s a big chunky boy. See how he does with food in a week or so after he settles

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Phillydubs For This Useful Post:

Team Slytherin (05-17-2018)

Thanks

He’s a handsome boy you’ve got there ! My Dumerils (whose name is Champ) is my favorite snake. Sushi is at the age , in my opinion, when they really start developing into a true pet.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to boidavid For This Useful Post:

Phillydubs (05-17-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boidavid View Post
    He’s a handsome boy you’ve got there ! My Dumerils (whose name is Champ) is my favorite snake. Sushi is at the age , in my opinion, when they really start developing into a true pet.

Care to expand on that more? Do you mean their personality really shines and you feel like they just become more open??

champ!! Great name. Are there pics of him on here ??

Thanks

In my experience with Champ, that while he was confident as baby, when he hit around the 3 year-3ft mark he really blossomed. He stopped burying so much and was more apt to be seen laying stretched out in the open or on top of his hides. At the the current age of 4 yrs he is always up for coming out to be handled or explore the house and yard.(under close supervision of course). He is a very slow and deliberate moving snake. IMHO Dums are excellent candidates to be tap trained due to being almost exclusively ambush predators. I don’t have any really decent pics of him but here’s one from a few days ago out in the backyard

9. The Following User Says Thank You to boidavid For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (05-17-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hilabeans View Post
    Well I feel partially responsible for this and as such have assumed partial custody of Sushi. I want him for the Summer.
    Does that mean he spends Fall with me?

Thanks

[QUOTE=boidavid;2618895]In my experience with Champ, that while he was confident as baby, when he hit around the 3 year-3ft mark he really blossomed. He stopped burying so much and was more apt to be seen laying stretched out in the open or on top of his hides. At the the current age of 4 yrs he is always up for coming out to be handled or explore the house and yard.(under close supervision of course). He is a very slow and deliberate moving snake. IMHO Dums are excellent candidates to be tap trained due to being almost exclusively ambush predators. I don’t have any really decent pics of him but here’s one from a few days ago out in the

Sent from my iPhone

thia totally sounds spot on. I can’t relate to having him as a baby but the way he is now he seems very brazen and on display he’s chill and relaxed but he’s got his tukus in his hide with half himself hanging out. In the evening he takes a few laps around and climbs some branches. Very cool indeed .

Yours is beautiful!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Phillydubs For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (05-17-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boidavid View Post
    In my experience with Champ, that while he was confident as baby, when he hit around the 3 year-3ft mark he really blossomed. He stopped burying so much and was more apt to be seen laying stretched out in the open or on top of his hides. At the the current age of 4 yrs he is always up for coming out to be handled or explore the house and yard.(under close supervision of course). He is a very slow and deliberate moving snake. IMHO Dums are excellent candidates to be tap trained due to being almost exclusively ambush predators. I don’t have any really decent pics of him but here’s one from a few days ago out in the backyard

Its funny you say that because I feel like my girl is in the transition phase. She almost 2 and doesn’t bury herself nearly as much and seems to greet me at the cage door as to say ok dad let me out already.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mstuppiello921 For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (06-02-2018)

Thanks
    Great addition!!
    ~Annie
    ~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123