Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,954

4 members and 2,950 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Re: Normal or something else

Quote Originally Posted by Nick78 View Post
    Is there any posability the bloke i brought it off got his snakes mixed up and its got black pewter and not black pastel in it would explain the lighter washed out apperance
    Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    doubt it. doesn't look like a Black Pewter which is a Black Pastel x Pastel combo. i think it would be best to just follow-up w/ the breeder/seller directly and confirm the genetic pairing that produced it.
    Will do though he said it was out of black pastel x enchi when i brought it but as you say it dont look like one im new to them so not up on them nearest pic i can find to it was a black pastel enchi ghost and seen a few pics of browned out pastels similar my snake has brown eyes thought pastels were greenish or can they vary.
    if the breeder/seller is reputable, i would trust her or him. IMO there are a few ways to look at this:

1. be bummed out that your BP Enchi is low quality and/or doesn't look like others of the same morph

2. be proud of having something unique or a trait that may prove out if u breed (i.e. reduced pattern, blushing)
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Thanks

if the breeder/seller is reputable, i would trust her or him. IMO there are a few ways to look at this:

1. be bummed out that your BP Enchi is low quality and/or doesn't look like others of the same morph

2. be proud of having something unique or a trait that may prove out if u breed (i.e. reduced pattern, blushing)
    Yes mate im not that bothered didnt pay alot for it and i like the look of it'only thing bothers me is id like to know the genetics if i decide to breed off it.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Yes mate im not that bothered didnt pay alot for it and i like the look of it'only thing bothers me is id like to know the genetics if i decide to breed off it.
    at this point, take it for what it is until proven otherwise. breed it to something simple like a Pastel. Enchi Pastel, Black Pewter and Black Peter Enchi combo's should be easy enough to ID. or breed it to a normal and see lil single Black Pastels and Enchis pop out for confirmation.

RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Thanks

at this point, take it for what it is until proven otherwise. breed it to something simple like a Pastel. Enchi Pastel, Black Pewter and Black Peter Enchi combo's should be easy enough to ID. or breed it to a normal and see lil single Black Pastels and Enchis pop out for confirmation.

Yes thats what i was going to do breed it with the normal and see what comes out if i just got normals and ones that look like him i would asume it was a pastel of some sort would that be correct.

Thanks

Hi i have had the snake i posted pics off a couple months or so it has had a couple of moults and is getting brighter each moult got more yellow and green coming through would of thought it would stay same?

Thanks

The first one you posted is a normal... The second one I would think is a black pastel enchi.. Do you have better pics of him..
    MALES.. 1.0 Coral glow Mojave... 1.0 Coral glow Scaleless head... 1.0 Coral glow Het Pied.. 1.0 Orange dream pastel.. 1.0 Black head Pastel Rng Rg.. 1.0 Calico Yellowbelly.. FEMALES.. 0.1 Bumblebee Scaleless head.. 0.1 Black Pastel 66 Axantic.. 0.1 Leopard Lesser Pastel.. 0.1 Champange Pastel.. 0.1 Pastel Het Pied.. 0.1 Enchi… 0.1 GHI.. 0.1 Het Albino.. 0.1 Mojave.. 0.1 Normal....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RichieBoo View Post
    The first one you posted is a normal... The second one I would think is a black pastel enchi.. Do you have better pics of him..
    [IMG][/IMG]

Thanks

Not the best pics.. Cant be sure into you breed him..
    MALES.. 1.0 Coral glow Mojave... 1.0 Coral glow Scaleless head... 1.0 Coral glow Het Pied.. 1.0 Orange dream pastel.. 1.0 Black head Pastel Rng Rg.. 1.0 Calico Yellowbelly.. FEMALES.. 0.1 Bumblebee Scaleless head.. 0.1 Black Pastel 66 Axantic.. 0.1 Leopard Lesser Pastel.. 0.1 Champange Pastel.. 0.1 Pastel Het Pied.. 0.1 Enchi… 0.1 GHI.. 0.1 Het Albino.. 0.1 Mojave.. 0.1 Normal....

Thanks

If that snake has enchi, it is a poor example of enchi. The pattern is hardly altered. Enchi lightens so it could be a black pastel enchi, but the pattern doesn't line up with how it should.

This is my banana pastel enchi, his pattern is significantly altered and reduced as is usual with the enchi gene.

Again no way to tell except to breed it, but continuing low quality lines if it proves out is not my cup o tea.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    1.0: Honey Bee | Lesser | Banana Pastel Enchi | Clown 66% Het Albino
    0.1: Kingpin | x2 Mojave | Super Pastel HGW | Albino | Sterling Mojave Pinstripe | GHI Pewter | Pastel Het Clown | Sable 66% Het Clown

Thanks

Hi not been on for a good while due to health issues sort of got to the bottom of why the black pastel enchi doesn’t look like what it should it looks like I’ve been sold the wrong snake the snake which should of been a black pastel enchi was a proven male the snake I’ve ended up with is 100% female the bloke wasn’t there when I picked it up but said his mrs would be fine sorting them out looks like she got mixed up some how so still none the wiser to what it is other than it’s some sort of pastel

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123