Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,391

0 members and 2,391 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

Corn Snake get aggressive

Hey there.
    So I have my male Corn for like a year and half, he was the most calm and docile snake I have ever met until yesterday feeding.
    He mimic that poison snake with his tail, went up with his belly at the S shape and strike the rodent few times- not to eat, just aggressive.
    Even today when I walk past his cage he moving his tail fast like a warning sign.

I had him few days after he hatch, his 1.5 years old male albino corn snake.
    Maybe the hormones? The weather outside getting warm.

P.S=- I know its not good but for the past 2 month's he had no warm side, the cage was around 77F all day and night.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,787 Times in 11,824 Posts
    It's possible he's not feeling well. Do his stools look normal? Have you ever taken a fresh sample to the vet (to check for parasites)?
    **How often is he fed?** Have you changed food sources? (contaminated food can produce illness & unusual behavior in snakes; for example, rodents
    that are raised on dog food "to save money" instead of rodent chow that is formulated FOR rodents with nothing harmful added, can actually harm a
    snake: neither rodents nor snakes can digest & eliminate some things like the red dyes commonly added to dog chow, & it can impact their reproductive
    ability and survival...so it matters where you buy snake food.) Also, if his cage is on the warm side with no cool down for a few months, remember
    that he may just be hungrier than usual and simply NEED more food. Without more info & not seeing your snake, these are all possible issues that would
    explain & may solve his personality change. Also, you say his cage has been like this for a couple months, but now "the weather outside getting warm"?
    So how much warmer will his cage get???? (please tell me his cage is NOT in a garage!?) And no, I don't think it's his "hormones".