Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 812

2 members and 810 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What next?

Thanks
    Well I'd vote for the Retic. Although I'm bias since I have one. I haven't had the pushing issue which some do but at first he wasn't that great of a feeder but now he's stepped up his game. I also have a Blood and he is just an awesome snake. Again I haven't had any of the hissing, puffing or any defensive attitude some experience. He's a very laid back fatty and I'll probably add a SSTP too. Anacondas would be one of my dream snakes but their need for water is a big problem for me. Maybe if I get a Snake shed on my land then my wife would approve.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stout76 For This Useful Post:

EL-Ziggy (05-11-2018)

Thanks
    Black-headed python or a yellowtail cribo.
    1.0 Albino Black Pastel Pinstripe BP "Menolo"
    0.1 Albino Spider BP "Ginger"
    0.1 Black Pastel Het. Albino "Jasmine"

1.0 Woma python "Stitch"
    0.1 Woma python "Milo"
    0.1 Woma python "Millie"

1.0 Blackhead Python
    0.1 Blackhead Python
    0.1 Blackhead Python

1.0 Black South African Boerboel "Midas"
    0.1 Chocolate Lab "Coco"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to enginee837 For This Useful Post:

EL-Ziggy (05-11-2018)

Thanks

Re: What next?

Quote Originally Posted by reinz View Post
    great news ziggy!

man, that little voice keeps whispering scrub, scrub, scrub to me and i keep pushing it away. I’m plum out of room. I hope you stay aussie so i can get my scrub fix through you.
    scrub, scrub, scruuuuub!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Team Slytherin For This Useful Post:

EL-Ziggy (05-11-2018),Reinz (05-11-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,492 Times in 2,686 Posts

I checked with Derek Roddy and he says he'll probably have some BHPs next year to sell but nothing this year. Which is probably for the best. When I told my GF I wanted to drop $1700 on a snake she gave me one of coldest stare downs I've ever seen . I was really just testing the waters for her response but I see this isn't the time to fight that battle so I think it's coming down to the SD retic or a Scrub. I think either would be a challenging and rewarding species to work with.
    3.0 Carpet Pythons, 1.1 Bullsnakes
    1.0 Olive Python 1.0 Scrub Python,
    1.0 BI, 0.1 BCO

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
    I checked with Derek Roddy and he says he'll probably have some BHPs next year to sell but nothing this year. Which is probably for the best. When I told my GF I wanted to drop $1700 on a snake she gave me one of coldest stare downs I've ever seen . I was really just testing the waters for her response but I see this isn't the time to fight that battle so I think it's coming down to the SD retic or a Scrub. I think either would be a challenging and rewarding species to work with.
    If I was dating someone and they were not happy with an animal I wanted and could afford, I think would be a compatibility issue for me. That is just me. I have to be me and someone would have to enjoy and love the animals I have. They are my kiddos. Thankfully my GF loves them as much as I do and helps with them.

Not giving advice on that one though.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyrivers For This Useful Post:

EL-Ziggy (05-11-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Lmao!
    On the SD retic topic, Daniel Solis has some smoking hot 87.5% kalatoas. Both tigers and normal wild type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

EL-Ziggy (05-11-2018),Gio (05-16-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 617 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrivers View Post
    If I was dating someone and they were not happy with an animal I wanted and could afford, I think would be a compatibility issue for me. That is just me. I have to be me and someone would have to enjoy and love the animals I have. They are my kiddos. Thankfully my GF loves them as much as I do and helps with them.

Hey now - life is give and take! Compromise is not a bad thing and sounds like Zig's GF is a real keeper.

I've had to reel my man's tastes in occasionally, as he does mine from time to time. Just because one has an idea doesn't always mean its a good one and sometimes it takes a third party to keep us in line.

1.0 Lesser Mojave Ball Python "Neptune"; 1.0 Western Hognose "Murray"

Lizards:
    1.0 Bearded Dragon "Nigel"

Tarantulas:
    0.1 G. Rosea "Charlotte"; 0.1 B. Albopilosum "Matilda"; 0.1 C. Versicolor "Bijou"; 1.0 B. Boehmei "Lightening McQueen"

Inverts:
    1.0 Emperor Scorpion "Boba"

Dog & Cats:

1.0 Doberman Pinscher "Bulleit"; 1.0 Siamese Cat "Boudreaux"; 1.0 British Shorthair Cat "Oliver”

Goats:
    "Hazelnut" & "Huckleberry"

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hilabeans For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (05-11-2018),EL-Ziggy (05-11-2018)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

My financial limit is about 1/3 Of that!!! Hahahahaha.
    Both self imposed and in my girlfriend's eyes. To me, since they're just pets, I just can't see spending that kinda scratch. There are so many beautiful snakes that are much more budget friendly.
    Maybe someday my limit will rise, but it'll probably have to rely on the lottery, hahaha!!

To this who can afford some of the "expensive" snakes, more power to ya, I'm only a little jealous, ha!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

EL-Ziggy (05-11-2018),rock (05-11-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,492 Times in 2,686 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrivers View Post

I feel you Sky but I'm not the kind of guy that loses too much of me in the we. My GF doesn't share my love and passion for reptiles, or animals in general, but she definitely doesn't try to stop me from being me either. I appreciate our relationship for the things we have in common and for our differences as well. We have plenty of both . I can do whatever I want but she sometimes helps me control my impulsive tendencies, keep things in perspective, and to prioritize our needs and wants. She also helps me maintain a healthy work/play save/spend balance. I don't need her to tell me that furnishing our new home and paying for our son's multiple summer camps is more important than buying a fairly expensive new critter right now, but I love the fact that she's sometimes more frugal and prudent than I am. She's a thrifty shopper and saver and I'm more of a free spender. I like it that reins me in sometimes. If she thought more like me we'd have a lot more stuff but less coin. We work well because I help her loosen up and she helps me tighten up so it's all good.
    3.0 Carpet Pythons, 1.1 Bullsnakes
    1.0 Olive Python 1.0 Scrub Python,
    1.0 BI, 0.1 BCO

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EL-Ziggy For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (05-16-2018),Craiga 01453 (05-11-2018),jmcrook (05-11-2018),rock (05-11-2018)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hilabeans View Post
    Hey now - life is give and take! Compromise is not a bad thing and sounds like Zig's GF is a real keeper.

I've had to reel my man's tastes in occasionally, as he does mine from time to time. Just because one has an idea doesn't always mean its a good one and sometimes it takes a third party to keep us in line.

Agreed! My girl is very understanding and supportive of my snake hobby and sees my passion. When she wants to drop $400 on a dress she'll probably wear once or twice (asinine in my eyes, wink wink) who am I to tell her it's silly??? I'll tell her as long as we can afford it, go for It!

We support each other and it works!

Ziggy, sounds like we've both got ourselves a keeper!!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

EL-Ziggy (05-11-2018),hilabeans (05-11-2018)

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast