Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,866

1 members and 2,865 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What next?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,497 Times in 2,689 Posts

Re: What next?

@ Hilabeans- I couldn't have said it any better. Thank you.

@ Craig- I'm with you brother. My most expensive snake to date only cost me $400. I'm only going big on the BHB because it's a dream snake for me. $1700 could buy a lot of other more responsible things but we only live once right?! And we deserve to have some of the nicer things we want as long as our responsibilities are met.
    3.0 Carpet Pythons, 1.1 Bullsnakes
    1.0 Olive Python 1.0 Scrub Python,
    1.0 BI, 0.1 BCO

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EL-Ziggy For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (05-11-2018),hilabeans (05-11-2018)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
    I feel you Sky but I'm not the kind of guy that loses too much of me in the we. My GF doesn't share my love and passion for reptiles, or animals in general, but she definitely doesn't try to stop me from being me either. I appreciate our relationship for the things we have in common and for our differences as well. We have plenty of both . I can do whatever I want but she sometimes helps me control my impulsive tendencies, keep things in perspective, and to prioritize our needs and wants. She also helps me maintain a healthy work/play save/spend balance. I don't need her to tell me that furnishing our new home and paying for our son's multiple summer camps is more important than buying a fairly expensive new critter right now, but I love the fact that she's sometimes more frugal and prudent than I am. She's a thrifty shopper and saver and I'm more of a free spender. I like it that reins me in sometimes. If she thought more like me we'd have a lot more stuff but less coin. We work well because I help her loosen up and she helps me tighten up so it's all good.

This is SSSOOOOOO well said!!!
    I seriously was picturing Katie and I in every sentence I read. You and I seem to be a lot alike, and our girls seem a lot alike!! I'm more free spirited, free with money, etc...but she keeps me grounded. She's a little more reserved, but from the first time her and I hung out, I knew there was a fun, amazing girl in there. It took a while, but I found it. There's an angel inside my girl, but I truly believe that only myself and her mother ever saw it. She makes sure that angel only comes out when she trusts that it won't be broken. And I know how lucky I am to have earned her trust and love enough to have met the angel inside her.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

EL-Ziggy (05-11-2018)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

@ Craig- I'm with you brother. My most expensive snake to date only cost me $400. I'm only going big on the BHB because it's a dream snake for me. $1700 could buy a lot of other more responsible things but we only live once right?! And we deserve to have some of the nicer things we want as long as our responsibilities are met.
    No doubt, my man!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Was joking more than not. A good relationship is worth a lot. Wish you the best man.
    I feel you Sky but I'm not the kind of guy that loses too much of me in the we. My GF doesn't share my love and passion for reptiles, or animals in general, but she definitely doesn't try to stop me from being me either. I appreciate our relationship for the things we have in common and for our differences as well. We have plenty of both . I can do whatever I want but she sometimes helps me control my impulsive tendencies, keep things in perspective, and to prioritize our needs and wants. She also helps me maintain a healthy work/play save/spend balance. I don't need her to tell me that furnishing our new home and paying for our son's multiple summer camps is more important than buying a fairly expensive new critter right now, but I love the fact that she's sometimes more frugal and prudent than I am. She's a thrifty shopper and saver and I'm more of a free spender. I like it that reins me in sometimes. If she thought more like me we'd have a lot more stuff but less coin. We work well because I help her loosen up and she helps me tighten up so it's all good.
    Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyrivers For This Useful Post:

EL-Ziggy (05-11-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

I agree. Was joking more than not.
    Quote Originally Posted by hilabeans View Post
    Hey now - life is give and take! Compromise is not a bad thing and sounds like Zig's GF is a real keeper.

I've had to reel my man's tastes in occasionally, as he does mine from time to time. Just because one has an idea doesn't always mean its a good one and sometimes it takes a third party to keep us in line.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyrivers For This Useful Post:

hilabeans (05-11-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrivers View Post
    Was joking more than not. A good relationship is worth a lot. Wish you the best man.

Thanks Sky. I took no offense and I agree with the sentiment that nobody should be in a relationship where they're not accepted, loved, and supported for who they are. It's good when you find someone that makes you want to be a better person. My son and my GF are two people that bring out the best in me. I guess my cat and my snakes do too .
    1.0 BI, 0.1 BCO

11. The Following User Says Thank You to EL-Ziggy For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (05-11-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 617 Posts

I spent $1200+ on a World Series Astros baseball signed by every player, GM and the owner for my husband on our 20th wedding anniversary. In my mind - an absolutely ludicrous amount of money to spend on a ball with some ink scribbled on it. But the look on my hubby's face when I gave it to him? Worth EVERY PENNY! To him, it is a priceless treasure. And I make a good living and wasn't sacrificing important things to do it. So, why not?

Now, I may be asking him to be ok with me dropping some serious money on a snake in the next year. To him, it will be absurd. To me, I liken it to investing in an expensive piece of art, only better since it's living art. And if I have to play the baseball card, I totally will.

But ultimately, if he was 100% against it and would not come around, I would not do it. We are a family and big decisions are made together. How else could we stay happily married for 20+ years???

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrivers View Post
    I agree. Was joking more than not.

I totally knew you were. Just felt like I had to take one for the GFs/voices of reason out there!

I'm sure you guys love your snakes, but nothing beats an awesome woman/human partner by your side...if I do say so myself.

1.0 Lesser Mojave Ball Python "Neptune"; 1.0 Western Hognose "Murray"

Lizards:
    1.0 Bearded Dragon "Nigel"

Tarantulas:
    0.1 G. Rosea "Charlotte"; 0.1 B. Albopilosum "Matilda"; 0.1 C. Versicolor "Bijou"; 1.0 B. Boehmei "Lightening McQueen"

Inverts:
    1.0 Emperor Scorpion "Boba"

Dog & Cats:

1.0 Doberman Pinscher "Bulleit"; 1.0 Siamese Cat "Boudreaux"; 1.0 British Shorthair Cat "Oliver”

Goats:
    "Hazelnut" & "Huckleberry"

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hilabeans For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (05-11-2018),EL-Ziggy (05-11-2018)

Thanks

Well considering you said heavier bodied and in the 10 to 12 foot range I would go for a boa. Some kinda of main land bcc boa. Its not the most interesting but you don't have a boa and it's not a terrible choice over all.

Example my Columbian red tail.

I was gonna say go for the albino olive but you already have a olive python. You have some underrated stuff like bull snakes and olive pythons so for me indigo snakes and scrub pythons seem right for you. I know I recommended a boa but boa's and sd retics seem to common for your collection. I guess that's a tough choice lol. Well what ever you decide on I'm sure it'll be a good addition for you.
    0.1 : Albino Clown - GHI Pastave - Killer Bee Fader - Sugar Bee - Pastel het pied - Lemon Blast het puzzle

1.0 : Banana - Mystic Potion 66% pos het pied - Pastel Lesser het puzzle - Super Pastel 66% pos het puzzle

1.0 2012 Albino Red Tail

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EDR For This Useful Post:

EL-Ziggy (05-11-2018),Gio (05-16-2018)

Thanks

Beautiful boa EDR. I really like boas too and I hear they're usually a bit more mellow than a scrub or retic.
    1.0 BI, 0.1 BCO

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EL-Ziggy For This Useful Post:

EDR (05-11-2018),Gio (05-16-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    so what did u decide to get? SD Retic or Scrub this year and $1700 BHP next year? maybe all 3?
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

EL-Ziggy (05-16-2018)

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast