Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,176

1 members and 2,175 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Thread: Help

Thanks

Help

I am new to owning a corn snake, and it was about this time last year that I got one for my son. His dad left the top off of the tank last October, and our boy disappeared. Jump ahead to last Saturday, grabbed the lawnmower and he fell out, alive, well, scared. and STARVING. How he lived 6 months in the Idaho winter I will never know.We quickly gave him 2 pinkies,and he settled right back into his home. (something told me NOT to get rid of his habitat, although after a few months of frigid temps I was sure he was dead). So the next night my son was holding him, and somehow he let him crawl into my printer. Blue managed to get in there pretty well and now we casnt get him out. He is curled up in the paper slot. I had to set the printer inside his tank and secure the lid, in hopes he would come out. Well, he has been in there since Monday night, it's now Wednesday. I know he is safe and all, but I am a full time student and I kinda need to be able to use my printer lil. Any ideas how to remove him?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 617 Posts
    Good grief! You should change his name to Trouble and keep him away from any and all things!

Home printers are pretty compartmentalized, is there any way to safely disassemble it? Are you sure he's not stuck? If he can get himself out, maybe try luring him to the closest exit with a warm mouse.

In any case, so happy he's back and so sorry he's playing hide-the-snake once again.

1.0 Lesser Mojave Ball Python "Neptune"; 1.0 Western Hognose "Murray"

Lizards:
    1.0 Bearded Dragon "Nigel"

Tarantulas:
    0.1 G. Rosea "Charlotte"; 0.1 B. Albopilosum "Matilda"; 0.1 C. Versicolor "Bijou"; 1.0 B. Boehmei "Lightening McQueen"

Inverts:
    1.0 Emperor Scorpion "Boba"

Dog & Cats:

1.0 Doberman Pinscher "Bulleit"; 1.0 Siamese Cat "Boudreaux"; 1.0 British Shorthair Cat "Oliver”

Goats:
    "Hazelnut" & "Huckleberry"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 1,076 Posts
    I suggest a meal for him.
    ~Sunny~
    Booplesnoop
    Coilsome, Odyn, & Eeden AKA theLittleOne

0:1 Pastel Het Red Day Chocolate
    1:0 Normal
    0:0:1 Pueblan milk snake

*~* Nothing sticky (tape, stick on gauges, Velcro) goes into your enclosure! Again...NOTHING sticky goes into your enclosure....EVER! *~*

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    Thats awesome!!!! I'm stoked you found him!!!

That being said, I HIGHLY suggest no handling the snake for a while. That snake needs food, water and proper husbandry for a while.

I know you're excited to have your pet back, but you'll have him for years, let him settle back in and get a few meals in him.

Good luck!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-03-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,854 Times in 4,776 Posts
    I lured my king snake out of a speaker with a f/t feeder mouse. Just make sure that your snake's tail is completely out of the printer before you let it grab the mouse, or it may back up into the printer and take the mouse with it.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-03-2018),C.Marie (05-03-2018),Craiga 01453 (05-02-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,793 Times in 11,827 Posts
    And once you get him out of your printer, puhleeeze don't fall asleep holding him on the couch...or he just may find there's a hole into the sofa's interior from under the cushions.

Also, keep him out of the kitchen...trust me on this...that includes the floor, especially. (many cupboards have places at floor level under the doors where a snake on the floor can get into-under the floor of the cupboards & never come out- they might even get into a wall from there.) Snakes love to crawl into appliances & they can get killed this way.

I agree with the others for now though...offer a f/t mouse to lure him out & let him rest & recover. He needs to eat, rest & re-hydrate to get healthy.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 05-03-2018 at 12:26 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (05-03-2018)

Thanks
    So glad you found him!!!!
    ~Annie
    ~