Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,834

1 members and 2,833 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Leopard Gecko breeders

I am looking to purchase a sub adult/adult Leo. Normal or morph does not matter much to me as long as it is reasonably priced, the animal has a good temperament and it is healthy. I am not looking to rescue any as I had done that in the past and don't want the risk of people pawning off their sick reptiles to me again.

Repticon is in 3 weeks but I don't think I want to go this time around. Most of the vendors are third party animal sellers who don't really know the animals that they sell. Then you have mostly ball pythons being sold in almost every booth. The crowds, risk of bringing home snake mites, etc.. Yea, I am taking my first plunge to order online.

Who would you recommend? I see BHB posted numerous listings on kingsnake.com. Some claim that communicating with them can be difficult though. I am looking to find a breeder who is not there just to take your money and go MIA when the pet arrives DOA or sick.

Thanks

Re: Leopard Gecko breeders

I would email Garrick DeMeyer and see what he has available. You'll definitely get quality with him, and a great shipping experience:

http://www.crestedgecko.com/geckos-f...erarchy/3/1944

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

I got my three girls from The Urban Gecko about 5 years ago.

http://www.theurbangecko.com/

They were a little pricey, but the gekcos were about 25G when I got them. So they were established and doing well.

Still have them today and all are happy and healthy. The Urban Gecko was also very careful not to ship when expected, due to weather. I was happy to wait.

All are beautiful and were as advertised.

Have never gotten any geckos from anyone else, so I can't comment on anyone except The Urban Gecko.
    Last edited by dakski; 05-01-2018 at 12:51 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

ladywhipple02 (05-01-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    I got my three girls from The Urban Gecko about 5 years ago.

http://www.theurbangecko.com/

They were a little pricey, but the gekcos were about 25G when I got them. So they were established and doing well.
    I would agree with the Urban Gecko as well. They've been around forever and have a great reputation. The only reason I didn't mention them before was due to their being in Canada, but it looks like that isn't such a problem anymore with their shipping They have some AMAZING geckos!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ladywhipple02 View Post
    I would agree with the Urban Gecko as well. They've been around forever and have a great reputation. The only reason I didn't mention them before was due to their being in Canada, but it looks like that isn't such a problem anymore with their shipping They have some AMAZING geckos!
    If I recall. They drove them over the border to Buffalo NY and shipped them from there.

I’d have to check to be sure.

Also. They give me support to this day if I have questions.

Thanks

You could also poke around the ‘net and see if there are any local-ish breeders with good reputations. I found my leachie on MorphMarket, and picked up from the not-so-local breeder at NARBC. A few years ago I got some fish from a local breeder, picked them up at his house, and got to see his tank room, plus his snake collection as a fun bonus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    0.4 BPs, 0.1 Antaresia, 2.1 Morelia, 0.0.1 Liasis, 1.0 Aspidites, 0.1 Blood, 1.1 Kings, 2.0 Milks, 1.2 Corns, 2.0 Ratsnakes, 0.1 Hognose, 1.0 RTB, 2.1 KSBs, 1.0 Tortoise, 1.0 Skink, 3.0 dogs, 2.1 Human serfs

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ladywhipple02 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    If I recall. They drove them over the border to Buffalo NY and shipped them from there.

I’d have to check to be sure.

Also. They give me support to this day if I have questions.
    I had a mixed experience with them. On one hand, the gecko did arrive safely, passed my veterinary screenings, and has been an overall good animal. On the other, their animals are way overpriced and not accurately represented on their website. I ordered what appeared to be a bright orange animal and what I received was not even close, more of a drab yellow. They are notoriously poor about refunds, but will often offer to replace a gecko you aren't satisfied with. There are lots of mixed opinions about them all over the web.

My favorite breeder to deal with so far regarding leopard geckos has been - Bold and Bright Geckos out of California.

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,881 Times in 827 Posts
    Both options above are great ones.

Urban gecko has been around for a very long time with great looking geckos and an amazing reputation. I hope to pick up a Leo from them some time in the future.

I've personally picked up a few Leo's from Garrick at CrestedGecko years ago and just recently a ball python. He is still as great to work with now as he was when I first purchased from him. Keeps good tabs on shipping conditions.
    Garrick also tends to have his critters show up looking better than his photos. He doesn't filter them to show off.
    Last edited by Armiyana; 06-16-2018 at 05:06 AM.

Thanks
    BHB has some really awesome looking Leo's too , just throwing it out there I saw most are satisfied with their purchases.
    Domestic Short Hair - Miss Becky
    Russian Blue - Church
    Miniature Poodle - Pierre LaPoodlePants
    Banana BP - Yuri Katsuki