Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,926

1 members and 2,925 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

So there was an anaconda on Hollywood Blvd...

...to help honor Steve Irwin's posthumous star on the Walk of Fame. here's the Irwin clan and their big green friend last week at he unveiling last week:

good for Steve, his family, conservationalists and animals.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/course-gi...021852284.html
    Of course there was a giant snake to mark Steve Irwin's posthumous Hollywood star
    The late Steve "Crocodile Hunter" Irwin spent his life surrounded by wildlife, so it was fitting there was one in attendance for a posthumous honour.

The wildlife expert and TV host received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Thursday, attended by his children Bindi and Robert, and his widow Terri.

"Dad is still such an inspiration to not only me, but to so many other people around the world. This tribute just shows how great his work was and that his impression on people will last for generations to come," Robert said in a speech.

A tearful Bindi said in a speech that the recognition was a "wonderful moment" for her entire family.

"Dad changed the world by reaching out to people through their television screens to bring them on the adventure of a lifetime. To have his name on a Hollywood Star means the world as we carry on his important work," she said.

Oh, and as we mentioned, you bet there was a giant snake on the guest list — a green anaconda called Angelina no less.

While many more stars will be placed on Hollywood's sidewalk this year, Irwin's star will be the only posthumous one awarded in 2018.

To receive a Hollywood star, applications, supporting documentation, letters and supporters are required. Fellow Australian Russell Crowe was a key supporter of the star, as was the tourism board for Australia's Sunshine Coast, where Irwin's Australia Zoo is located.
    read more hear and see the vid: http://www.ntd.tv/2018/04/27/family-...star-unveiling
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Avsha531 (04-30-2018),Bogertophis (05-17-2018),Craiga 01453 (04-30-2018),dr del (04-30-2018),John1982 (05-17-2018),MD_Pythons (04-30-2018),Phillydubs (04-30-2018),redshepherd (05-17-2018),Reinz (04-30-2018),richardhind1972 (04-30-2018),Spechal (05-17-2018),tttaylorrr (04-30-2018)

Thanks

Re: So there was an anaconda on Hollywood Blvd...

Whaaaaat! The whole fam came into the restaurant where I bartend last week. I didn't realize that's why they were in town. Awesome.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Team Slytherin For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (04-30-2018),Bogertophis (05-17-2018),Craiga 01453 (04-30-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Team Slytherin View Post
    Whaaaaat! The whole fam came into the restaurant where I bartend last week. I didn't realize that's why they were in town. Awesome.
    Wwow! were they still wearing khaki safari attire?

Edit: do u work at the Outback Steakhouse? i imagine that's somewhere they would go lol. they would probably also be impressed by your Scrub.
    Last edited by Ax01; 04-30-2018 at 05:32 PM.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Reinz (04-30-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    Wwow! were they still wearing khaki safari attire?

Edit: do u work at the Outback Steakhouse? i imagine that's somewhere they would go lol. they would probably also be impressed by your Scrub.

HAHAHAHA, no they were not in khaki! I didn't actually realize the boy was his son. They were also easily the nicest people to walk through Beverly Hills in awhile Some days, I wish I worked at Outback....so I wouldn't have to make drinks with liquid nitrogen and cotton candy for people who think they're Instafamous

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Team Slytherin For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-17-2018)

Thanks

Immediately thought of you when this happened! On May 5, there was a Steve Irwin memorial gala dinner at my work! I walked in and they were hauling all kinds of cages in through the back door...I was like, “ARE THERE SNAKES COMING?!?” Indeed, snakes did follow, along with a cheetah.

I’m assuming my invitation got lost, and since I wasn’t dressed for dinner, I went to work instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Team Slytherin For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (05-17-2018),Bogertophis (05-17-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 617 Posts

Immediately thought of you when this happened! On May 5, there was a Steve Irwin memorial gala dinner at my work! I walked in and they were hauling all kinds of cages in through the back door...I was like, “ARE THERE SNAKES COMING?!?” Indeed, snakes did follow, along with a cheetah.

I’m assuming my invitation got lost, and since I wasn’t dressed for dinner, I went to work instead

Wow! And I get excited when they bring breakfast tacos for my work meetings. What do you do for work Slytherin?

1.0 Lesser Mojave Ball Python "Neptune"; 1.0 Western Hognose "Murray"

Lizards:
    1.0 Bearded Dragon "Nigel"

Tarantulas:
    0.1 G. Rosea "Charlotte"; 0.1 B. Albopilosum "Matilda"; 0.1 C. Versicolor "Bijou"; 1.0 B. Boehmei "Lightening McQueen"

Inverts:
    1.0 Emperor Scorpion "Boba"

Dog & Cats:

1.0 Doberman Pinscher "Bulleit"; 1.0 Siamese Cat "Boudreaux"; 1.0 British Shorthair Cat "Oliver”

Goats:
    "Hazelnut" & "Huckleberry"

Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts

WOAH so cool you get to see people like that! I'm also curious what you do for work? You're also local to me, I'm in OC!

Thanks

wow! that's a fancy dinner i wanna go to! found this vid from the event:

Quote Originally Posted by hilabeans View Post
    Wow! And I get excited when they bring breakfast tacos for my work meetings. What do you do for work Slytherin?
    Quote Originally Posted by redshepherd View Post
    WOAH so cool you get to see people like that! I'm also curious what you do for work? You're also local to me, I'm in OC!
    lol she mentions above, in this same thread that she makes liquid nitrogen and cotton candy drinks.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 617 Posts

lol she mentions above, in this same thread that she makes liquid nitrogen and cotton candy drinks.
    You don't really expect us to read when there are glamorous pictures to look at, do you?

Your snake's not the only one that likes to be spoon fed, Ax!

1.0 Lesser Mojave Ball Python "Neptune"; 1.0 Western Hognose "Murray"

Lizards:
    1.0 Bearded Dragon "Nigel"

Tarantulas:
    0.1 G. Rosea "Charlotte"; 0.1 B. Albopilosum "Matilda"; 0.1 C. Versicolor "Bijou"; 1.0 B. Boehmei "Lightening McQueen"

Inverts:
    1.0 Emperor Scorpion "Boba"

Dog & Cats:

1.0 Doberman Pinscher "Bulleit"; 1.0 Siamese Cat "Boudreaux"; 1.0 British Shorthair Cat "Oliver”

Goats:
    "Hazelnut" & "Huckleberry"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redshepherd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hilabeans View Post
    wow! that's a fancy dinner i wanna go to! found this vid from the event:

Hahahahaha, yes you are correct! I bartend at a fancy hotel, so I was not invited to the party I wonder if no one brings me breakfast tacos because I'm never awake at breakfast time....It could definitely be other reasons, but I'm going to pick that one.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Team Slytherin For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-17-2018),hilabeans (05-17-2018)