Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,922

2 members and 1,920 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Re: Tattoos! Who has them?

Quote Originally Posted by tsarina View Post
    I have two tattoos! Both on my left hand and they're both stick & poke tattoos. Which is like a DIY tattoo, so I did them myself. One is a 'crude' drawing of a snake and the other is an 'X' which is a Norse rune that means gift. I'm Norwegian/Japanese so that's where that came from. They didn't hurt much but I did have a glass of wine beforehand!

I'll post a photo later!
    oohhh i want a stick and poke! i knew someone who does it really well but she moved to LA in Dec but i hope to get something next time she visits.

Edit: also have a drink but don't get pissed drunk. the alcohol will thin out your blood and make the ink run more, so your tattoo will less likely stay and look crappy.
    Last edited by Ax01; 04-30-2018 at 05:21 PM.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Thanks
    Thanked 5,497 Times in 2,689 Posts

I have a total of 10 tats. They're all on my upper body and only the 2 on my wrists are visible if I'm wearing a short sleeve shirt. I used to work in a more conservative corporate culture but I'm free of those chains now.
    Last edited by EL-Ziggy; 04-30-2018 at 05:59 PM.
    3.0 Carpet Pythons, 1.1 Bullsnakes
    1.0 Olive Python 1.0 Scrub Python,
    1.0 BI, 0.1 BCO

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EL-Ziggy For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (04-30-2018),MissterDog (04-30-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    Nice tattoo's everyone.

I do not have one for a variety of reasons (I am immune suppressed for one), however, Katie does!

Honestly, even if I wasn't immune suppressed I would probably never get a tattoo. To each his own. Obviously, I am not against them, Katie had her tattoo before we met. When she found out I was Jewish and things were going really well before we met, she was afraid to tell me she had one. In Judaism, you are not supposed to get one or you won't be buried. Sounds kind of superstitious to me, and I am sure G-D understands these things, but she knew about that (Katie is not Jewish). She sent me the picture above before our first meeting, and explained the meaning of it to me, kind of full disclosure before we met. I couldn't argue with the meaning and already loved and adored her, so I had nothing negative to say either way. It's part of Katie, and I love ALL of Katie, psychical, emotional, mental, etc.

Anyway, the meaning:

She got it after her divorce and the phoenix represents her rising from the ashes of her marriage, being born anew, and given another chance at life. The phoenix is rising out of a (blank) book for two reasons. First, she loves to read, and secondly, and most important, she knows (and wanted to be reminded) that she writes her own story in life. In a big way, it's up to her how that story will turn out.
    Just to clarify this here for you David (and anyone else that it under the same impression, a lot of people are), the thing about Jews with tattoos not being buried in a Jewish cemetery is a MYTH. It was a scary story grandmas used to tell their grandkids to keep them from getting inked and somehow it stuck. I've actually gone through rabbinical training and completed two programs which I guess technically certify me as a rabbi (LOL). Though I am no longer practicing orthodox Judaism, before my first tattoo I looked into it and turns out that when a lot of Jews got forcibly tattooed during the Holocaust the question came up about burial, and all of the primary Rabbis of the time were just like "Dude, that's not a real thing, of course they can be buried" lol.

Anyways, sorry for the ramble. I have lots of ink (posted earlier in this thread) and plan on getting lots more!
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa - Sir Hiss🎩🐍
    0.1 Pastel Ball Python - Exzahrah
    0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Nymeria
    0.1 Suriname Red Tail BCC- Sascha
    0.1 WT Ball Python- Ariana
    1.0 Bumblebee Ball Python- Fabio

WISHLIST:
    Dumerils Boa
    Candino BP
    Granite IJ Carpet Python
    White Lipped Python
    Komodo Dragon

"​Normal is just a setting on the washing machine..."

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avsha531 For This Useful Post:

dakski (04-30-2018),tttaylorrr (04-30-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avsha531 View Post
    Just to clarify this here for you David (and anyone else that it under the same impression, a lot of people are), the thing about Jews with tattoos not being buried in a Jewish cemetery is a MYTH. It was a scary story grandmas used to tell their grandkids to keep them from getting inked and somehow it stuck. I've actually gone through rabbinical training and completed two programs which I guess technically certify me as a rabbi (LOL). Though I am no longer practicing orthodox Judaism, before my first tattoo I looked into it and turns out that when a lot of Jews got forcibly tattooed during the Holocaust the question came up about burial, and all of the primary Rabbis of the time were just like "Dude, that's not a real thing, of course they can be buried" lol.

Anyways, sorry for the ramble. I have lots of ink (posted earlier in this thread) and plan on getting lots more!
    I appreciate the feedback. We had family killed in the Holocaust, which might explain why my family was so anti-tattoo.

Still not going to get one because of the immune suppression, and, basic lack of desire, but I did pass on the knowledge to Katie.

Really cool that it's not based in the religion, but rather the culture.

Thank you Avsha531!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Avsha531 (04-30-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    I appreciate the feedback. We had family killed in the Holocaust, which might explain why my family was so anti-tattoo.

Still not going to get one because of the immune suppression, and, basic lack of desire, but I did pass on the knowledge to Katie.

Really cool that it's not based in the religion, but rather the culture.

Thank you Avsha531!
    Lol you're welcome. To be clear, not getting a tattoo is in the religion, says it straight out in the bible, but so is like a billion other things that no one follows. The bunk about the burial is all culture

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa - Sir Hiss🎩🐍
    0.1 Pastel Ball Python - Exzahrah
    0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Nymeria
    0.1 Suriname Red Tail BCC- Sascha
    0.1 WT Ball Python- Ariana
    1.0 Bumblebee Ball Python- Fabio

WISHLIST:
    Dumerils Boa
    Candino BP
    Granite IJ Carpet Python
    White Lipped Python
    Komodo Dragon

"​Normal is just a setting on the washing machine..."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Avsha531 For This Useful Post:

dakski (04-30-2018)

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

I have 4 tattoos A Celtic triangle on my right wrist, Mew from Pokemon on my left wrist, a tribal heart on my lower back and a tribal dragon on my mid-upper back. I'll try to get pics of them all tomorrow.

Almost all of them didnt hurt that bad, only one that kinda hurt was my dragon, but only when the wings were being done since they barely touch where my shoulder blades are. Also the vibration made me a tad nauseous every now and then because I could feel it vibrating the back of my ribs xD

I'm hoping to get another soon, its been 11 years since my last one! I want to start a snake sleeve on my right arm

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexiel03 For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (05-01-2018)

Thanks

Half sleeve of a city scene that looks like something from Rocko's Modern Life (remember that show? lol)
    Sugar skull on my forearm
    Oak leaves and acorns on my calf
    Swallows with a banner on my chest

.... oh and the one that always surprises the dental hygienist whenever I'm in there

"SMILE" on the inside of my lip

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KevinK For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (05-01-2018),MissterDog (05-01-2018)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MissterDog View Post
    We often say snakes are like tattoos and you can't just have one! I'm sure a fair few of us have them so how about some show and/or tell! I just got a new tattoo that's healing right now so I'm a tattoo mood haha.

1. What tattoos do you have and where?
    2. How much did yours hurt?
    3. Do you want more?
    Lets see.... I have 12 tattoos at the moment. 1 on each calf, 1 on each upper arm, 1 on the right side of my belly, 1 on each shoulder blade (back), 1 on my left hand middle finger, 2 on my right forearm and 1 on my left forearm and 1 on my lower back.

The ones that kinda hurt were the lower back and my left upper arm because it was a cover up and took 5 settings to complete. I am not sure if I am done yet! Been thinking about getting a tattoo to remember my sweet puppy that recently passed away... They are addicting that's for sure!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jus1More For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (05-03-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    bamp!

how;s yo tattoo progress MisterDogg?
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

BPnet Veteran BallPythonWannaBe's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a small crescent moon on the outside of my ankle. I have plan's for more including a matching one with my mother, a Supernatural themed one, and something pertaining to books/reading.
    "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live"
    -J.K Rowling Sorcerer's Stone
    Long time no see, back at it again in my white vans.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BallPythonWannaBe For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (10-05-2018)

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast