Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 862

0 members and 862 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,538 Times in 1,148 Posts
    I have eight, three of which are snakes. Two pythons and one rattlesnake. And it only really hurt went they went by sensitive or ticklish areas. But that was almost 32 years ago, so let’s not ask for pictures. Oh yeah, biceps, chest and back. Done by Dr. Finn of Ancient Art Tatoo, a kinda famous artist back then.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonny1318 For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (04-27-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,028 Times in 904 Posts
    Great tattoos everyone! I love seeing and hearing about them as well as future plans!

For those who have had multiple session tattoos, do you recall how many days you would have to wait between sessions? I’ve only had single session tattoos so I have no idea if you are required to wait a few days for say, your line work to fully heal before getting color done?

I’m hoping to get my fourth and biggest tattoo next year from Horitomo in a California so I’ll be making a trip specifically for the tattoo. They might be able to do my tattoo in a single session, but just in case they can’t I wouldn’t mind getting an idea how long I should plan my stay there.
    1.0 Ball Python (Mystic Potion) Tapioca
    0.1 Northern Pine Snake - Impa
    0.1 Russian Rat Snake (Melanistic) Kallari (RIP)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Re: Tattoos! Who has them?

Quote Originally Posted by MissterDog View Post
    Great tattoos everyone! I love seeing and hearing about them as well as future plans!

For those who have had multiple session tattoos, do you recall how many days you would have to wait between sessions? I’ve only had single session tattoos so I have no idea if you are required to wait a few days for say, your line work to fully heal before getting color done?

I’m hoping to get my fourth and biggest tattoo next year from Horitomo in a California so I’ll be making a trip specifically for the tattoo. They might be able to do my tattoo in a single session, but just in case they can’t I wouldn’t mind getting an idea how long I should plan my stay there.
    I had to wait about 2 weeks in between sessions. You need it to heal before you can do fill in and colors. If it scabs, it can rip out some ink and make it look blotchy and bad. Also you want to make sure the swelling goes down fully. Black outline work isnt too bad. Its when they use the color fill in needles, thats when it starts to hurt as those things are like 4 needles all grouped together and they just have to grind it into the skin so they get plenty of ink in there. Also it depends how much pain you can take. Most artists will ask if you are ok. My artist didnt want to do longer than 4-6 hour sessions not only for his own sanity but also for the customer lol.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    I only have the one...a small snake On the outside of my right upper arm!

Didn't hurt. It felt more like a hot slicing then needle poking. But weirdly, not that unpleasant, not painful like I thought it would be..
    Funny enough I actually kinda liked the way getting the tattoos on my inner wrist felt, specifically when they were filling color. The line work mind you didn’t feel as nice aha, but in a way I sorta thought it was therapeutic!

My latest tattoo however, I got three days ago under my collar bones were not the “nice” feeling I was looking forward to haha. Hurt more than my wrists where I was thinking “oh, this is actually hurting” but thankfully not as bad as I’d think, just more than I’d like :p I find it fascinating how everyone’s experience can vary so much!

Makes me wonder what pain level to expect for my next planned tattoo, which I’d like on my upper thigh but with a snake wrapped all the way around it. I heard the outside and front of the thigh is pretty easy to deal with but behind and inner can be super sensitive and painful. Aha I just hope I can handle it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    I had to wait about 2 weeks in between sessions. You need it to heal before you can do fill in and colors. If it scabs, it can rip out some ink and make it look blotchy and bad. Also you want to make sure the swelling goes down fully. Black outline work isnt too bad. Its when they use the color fill in needles, thats when it starts to hurt as those things are like 4 needles all grouped together and they just have to grind it into the skin so they get plenty of ink in there. Also it depends how much pain you can take. Most artists will ask if you are ok. My artist didnt want to do longer than 4-6 hour sessions not only for his own sanity but also for the customer lol.
    I have no idea why but I found the opposite with outline vs color fill. The outline I always found the most unpleasant out of the whole process but the color fill I found more tolerable and sometimes even enjoyable (atleast for the wrist tattoos, collar bones though they just felt less painful and sharp to me).

Thanks for pointing out time limitations! My tattoos so far have been done within an hour and a half and I’m pretty sure my next planned one will take within the 4-6 hour range, so I’ll need to consider that with planning this trip and my consultation. I might just need to split my visit into two separate trips. I’m guessing you took brief breaks in between?
    Last edited by MissterDog; 04-27-2018 at 02:02 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

I have no idea why but I found the opposite with outline vs color fill. The outline I always found the most unpleasant out of the whole process but the color fill I found more tolerable and sometimes even enjoyable (atleast for the wrist tattoos, collar bones though they just felt less painful and sharp to me).

Thanks for pointing out time limitations! My tattoos so far have been done within an hour and a half and I’m pretty sure my next planned one will take within the 4-6 hour range, so I’ll need to consider that with planning this trip and my consultation. I might just need to split my visit into two separate trips. I’m guessing you took brief breaks in between?
    Yeah, my sessions were about 4 hours each. And yeah, the artist took a little break here and there to have a smoke but overall he has been doing it for years so he was used to sitting there for long periods i guess lol.

Oh forgot, we all took a break, even the other 2 artists when a deaf girl and her girlfriend started arguing in front of the shop. We kept hearing this muffled yelling so the guy stopped the gun and the sound was gone. Then he started it back up and we would hear it again. He was like ok this cant be my gun so we both got up and went out front to the waiting area and outside the big glass window pane, we saw the arguing. The other 2 artists were already there watching it. The gals finally noticed all of us gawking at them and they left lol. The things you see in Seattle around the Capital Hill areas back in the day. This was like 25 years ago lol...yes I'm an old fart now
    Last edited by Sauzo; 04-27-2018 at 03:11 AM.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (04-27-2018)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    At last count I have 17 tattoos. I'll stop when I run out of room or ideas. Neither is likely soon. My next two aren't going to be cheap, so its gonna take time to save some money up, but man I'm jonesing for ink!!!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Avsha531 (04-27-2018),jmcrook (04-28-2018),MissterDog (04-27-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries

We often say snakes are like tattoos and you can't just have one! I'm sure a fair few of us have them so how about some show and/or tell! I just got a new tattoo that's healing right now so I'm a tattoo mood haha.

1. What tattoos do you have and where?
    2. How much did yours hurt?
    3. Do you want more?
    1.) 3. I have a dragon on my chest, I have my name in a language between old english & japanese on my right forearm, and my last I have: "Si vis pacem, para bellum" on my back.
    2.) My first one which is a dragon on my chest, the tail curls and is very close to my nipple, when they were working on the tail it was quite painful.
    3.) Yes and no. I want more, but not sure of what.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Neal For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (04-27-2018)

Thanks
    I have three tattoos! I got my latest one a few weeks back.
    The first one I got was this one, It's the rune Wunjo from the Elder Futhark. Not only is it the last initial of my boyfriend (W) but it also stands for joy, comfort, pleasure- all those good things. Even though it's on my wrist, it's not really big enough to hurt since it literally took 10 mins tops.

Then, I went and got this little guy for my 20th birthday. Now, he HURT. I was fine, until the artist started to shade and do the white. His name is Frogbert

And finally, I got this little guy the other week. His name is Rupert! He hurt quite a bit too, especially with the colour. Luckily he's only little!

I deffo want more tattoos! These three have been spontaneous ones, where I've just turned up and had them done (bar Frogbert, I did book for him I guess but it was the day before lol!) But I do want a Penguin (favourite animal!) somewhere and there are a few artists whos work I would love to have on my body so we shall see what I get in the future lol!
    1.1 Humans (Dom & Cait)
    0.1 Normal Ball (Wanda 'Booper') 0.1 Pastel Ball (Peaches)
    1.0 Spider Ball (Cinnamon) 1.0 Caramel Ball (Mars Bar) 1.0 Butter Sucker (Orion)
    0.1 Leopard Gecko (Hecate)
    0.3 Cats (Loki, Meg and Maisy)
    0.0.2 Goldfish (Sushi and Spot)
    0.2 Chickens (Lottie and Tiffany)

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Booper For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (04-27-2018),Reinz (04-27-2018),Shayne (02-02-2019)

Thanks

I have a fair few at this point. I have some hieroglyphics on my back I got at 15, my forearm and thigh have large pieces, the fronts of my calves are done and I have one that spans the front of my shoulder. My most recent were these, they go all the way down to my ankles! :

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to scallahan1 For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (04-28-2018),MissterDog (04-27-2018),Reinz (04-28-2018),Shayne (02-02-2019),the_rotten1 (04-30-2018)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast