Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,317

2 members and 3,315 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

AirBnB with snakes?

Anyone have experience trying to use AirBnB with their noodles in tow? Are they usually welcome or is it hard to find someone who allows snakes?

Hubby and I are about to do our first move with Lucy, Charleston to Norfolk. We're not sure yet if we'll have time to go up and find an apartment before we have to actually get our stuff and move. We have a few places in mind, just don't want to sign anything without seeing them first.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    i've never stayed in an airBNB w/ any of my snakes. however i would never do so w/o the explicit consent of the owner. what if they find out and kick u out in the middle of your stay? where do u go then? a hotel w/ your snake? what is their policy there? what if the snake escapes and gets lost? would u be able to find it before u checkout? how do u explain it if u don't?

airBNB owners will usually have some sort of policy and pet deposit as part of their agreement. (if they have their own pets, some will give u a discount if u like watch and feed their pets lol.) you're a guest and their rules/policies should be followed. it's not worth the risk IMO trying to sneak in your snake which is what I hope you do not intend to do.

Edit: would it be possible to have some care for your BP while u and the hubby peep out apts? and SBJ please don't claim it as an ESA at the airBNB!
    Last edited by Ax01; 04-24-2018 at 06:03 PM.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Thanks

Re: AirBnB with snakes?

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    i've never stayed in an airBNB w/ any of my snakes. however i would never do so w/o the explicit consent of the owner. what if they find out and kick u out in the middle of your stay? where do u go then? a hotel w/ your snake? what is their policy there? what if the snake escapes and gets lost? would u be able to find it before u checkout? how do u explain it if u don't?

airBNB owners will usually have some sort of policy and pet deposit as part of their agreement. (if they have their own pets, some will give u a discount if u like watch and feed their pets lol.) you're a guest and their rules/policies should be followed. it's not worth the risk IMO trying to sneak in your snake which is what I hope you do not intend to do.

Edit: would it be possible to have some care for your BP while u and the hubby peep out apts? and SBJ please don't claim it as an ESA at the airBNB!
    Well, I was more wondering if people had experience with whether people would -let- them bring their snakes. I have found when people say pets they usually only have furry ones in mind lol.

This is a Navy move and we were on a somewhat blurry timeline. We were thinking we might have to leave our current apartment at the end of this month, meaning we'd have to go straight up to Norfolk and find a new place once we'd arrived. But we just found out we'll be staying here in Chas through part of May so we have time to find a new home before we officially move.

Thanks

Worst case scenario was going to be signing on a place based on pictures. We don't plan on sneaking Lucy anywhere. I have been making calls to apartments we've been looking at because their policies just say cats and dogs. We have found one property management agency that allows snakes in their properties!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lirenn View Post
    Well, I was more wondering if people had experience with whether people would -let- them bring their snakes. I have found when people say pets they usually only have furry ones in mind lol.

This is a Navy move and we were on a somewhat blurry timeline. We were thinking we might have to leave our current apartment at the end of this month, meaning we'd have to go straight up to Norfolk and find a new place once we'd arrived. But we just found out we'll be staying here in Chas through part of May so we have time to find a new home before we officially move.
    in my experience, not many peeps will take their snakes w/ them on holiday which airBNB is often used for. furry pets yes b/c they are common/more mainstream and have daily needs. a (big) move w/ your snake or other herp requires more planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Lirenn View Post
    Worst case scenario was going to be signing on a place based on pictures. We don't plan on sneaking Lucy anywhere. I have been making calls to apartments we've been looking at because their policies just say cats and dogs. We have found one property management agency that allows snakes in their properties!
    good.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    in my experience, not many peeps will take their snakes w/ them on holiday which airBNB is often used for. furry pets yes b/c they are common/more mainstream and have daily needs. a (big) move w/ your snake or other herp requires more planning.

good.
    Yeah, we would have done more planning if we could. This command doesn't have the best administration .... Things were very much in the air for a while.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,244 Times in 667 Posts
    I don’t see the issue with a snake... and in my experience it usually does mean a dog or a cat or something that is going to cause damage as in chewing deficating , etc.

even something like an aquarium I can see
    nwing an issue as there is water and a chance for leaks spills and damage that way.

A snake is in an enclosure. Other than people have a fear of them and most of those folks have never even been near or dealt with a snake it’s all made up tv Hollywood stuff then I really don’t see an issue or a way it would cause an issue with someone unless they were just ignorant