Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 503

1 members and 502 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 622 Posts

Purebred Arabian Stallion Showing Off!

All you horse people out there are going to love this video! I just uploaded it and found some background music that fit this video perfectly, it's like the horse is dancing to the music! My father in law has this horse trained really well, I can't believe what he can make it do. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snw1pA-xn_8

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts
    I like that he has substance. Is he polish lines?

I absolutely ABHOR those extreme ones, with heads that are literally deformed.

This stud has bone, substance and muscle. Doesn't look like he would break in half if worked

Nice boy. Full of himself, isn't he..
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

Thanks
    Yes, he is an amazing horse. He wasn't ridden that much, he was mainly used as a stud for other peoples females. It scared the heck out of me when my father in law bred him, he would stand right next to the horses and supervise, a bit too close if you ask me. Some day I'll get a couple horses, but I still haven't figured out how to keep them without breaking the bank LOL. I think the only way to come out ahead would be to board other peoples horses or be a professional trainer or give lessons. I'm actually considering taking riding lessons from a place nearby, I could just pay to ride once in awhile and they can pay for the feed, hay, shoes, shots, saddles and tack, training, etc. etc. Seems like it would be the cheaper route to go, and I could ride a variety of horses too. The hardest part about owing horses is when they get old and need a lot of vet care and they get too lame to ride, it's expensive and really sad for the horse.

Thanks

Re: Purebred Arabian Stallion Showing Off!

Quote Originally Posted by cchardwick View Post
    Yes, he is an amazing horse. He wasn't ridden that much, he was mainly used as a stud for other peoples females. It scared the heck out of me when my father in law bred him, he would stand right next to the horses and supervise, a bit too close if you ask me. Some day I'll get a couple horses, but I still haven't figured out how to keep them without breaking the bank LOL. I think the only way to come out ahead would be to board other peoples horses or be a professional trainer or give lessons. I'm actually considering taking riding lessons from a place nearby, I could just pay to ride once in awhile and they can pay for the feed, hay, shoes, shots, saddles and tack, training, etc. etc. Seems like it would be the cheaper route to go, and I could ride a variety of horses too. The hardest part about owing horses is when they get old and need a lot of vet care and they get too lame to ride, it's expensive and really sad for the horse.
    It's only sad for the older or unsound horse if the owner isnt willing to take care of it the way it needs to be, or willing to put it down with dignity rather then to squeeze out another couple of hundred bucks from the kill buyer.

I'm telling you now, if you want to make money with it, don't go into horses.

If you want to have a great experience, do it for fun

I have friends that live near Florissant CO. They have a few horses and she gave lessons while she lived here. She is the lady in the videos I shared, that rode my mare in the calf cutting class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zina

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Thanks
    I picked up some hay last year from a guy who bred million dollar race horses. He made some serious money, driving up to his house was like driving up to Disneyland LOL.

Thanks

Re: Purebred Arabian Stallion Showing Off!

Quote Originally Posted by cchardwick View Post
    I picked up some hay last year from a guy who bred million dollar race horses. He made some serious money, driving up to his house was like driving up to Disneyland LOL.
    OK..let me rephrase...

Unless you are a millionaire AND have a lot of horse knowledge and practice, you won't make any money with horses.

Unless you do something along the lines of picking up free rough looking horses, don't vet them but just feed em up cheap and then sell to kill buyer.

Horses need very particular care and still manage to get hurt or sick. Breeding is not for faint of heart, lots that goes wrong and there are already to many horses. So unless you can breed top stellar horses for whom there is a market for....and then you definitely need to know horses.

Horse boarding? Good luck. Those boarders will drive you insane and unless that is your main focus it will quickly go south. Again, yohu have to have horse knowledge to do this.

Horses are not like cattle or dogs or anything like this. Just take some lessons and have some fun with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zina