Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,191

3 members and 3,188 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

2nd day egg dimpling!

Help.. My Cinny laid yesterday ai moved the clutch to the incubator.. I didn't separate them due to the fact they are really stuck together... Temps and humidity are within normal range but I noticed dimples! What do I do

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,669 Posts
    What's normal range? Looks like you might need a taller egg box so you can snap a lid on it to maintain proper humidity. It's also useful to have it fully enclosed when eggs hatch!

Thanks
    I also saw (from Justin Koboca?) he put press and seal glad wrap over his to maintain humidity in his tubs good luck
    Domestic Short Hair - Miss Becky
    Russian Blue - Church
    Miniature Poodle - Pierre LaPoodlePants
    Banana BP - Yuri Katsuki

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 622 Posts

Re: 2nd day egg dimpling!

Quote Originally Posted by C.Marie View Post
    I also saw (from Justin Koboca?) he put press and seal glad wrap over his to maintain humidity in his tubs good luck
    I saw that video too, but Justin uses an exact mix of 50:50 vermiculite water that's on the dry side to start with, he just doesn't want to lose the little bit of humidity that's in the tubs. I'm not sure how he deals with moldy eggs or stinky bacteria on eggs, he seals them up and doesn't even check on them for two months. I'm constantly checking on my eggs making sure everything is OK, at least once a day. I'm sure I've saved clutches or at least a few eggs by pulling out the nasty ones and trying to save them in a separate box, so far all the moldy bad ones have gone completely bad, I haven't saved one yet. But at least I get them away from the good eggs.

You say the humidity is on target, do you have a humidity gauge? What are you running at? They looked a little bit dimpled but they still don't look too bad as long as they don't get too dehydrated along the way. You could try adding damp sphagnum moss to the incubator to boost the humidity a little bit.
    Last edited by cchardwick; 04-22-2018 at 10:59 AM.

Thanks
    To help we need more info. Describe your incubator and temps/humidity. You need a bigger egg box where eggs do not touch the sides of the box and a lid. Also, are they sitting on a blanket? If so, take it out. The blanket will draw moisture out of the eggs. They should be sitting on something non-porous that breathes like egg crate, sand, gravel, etc. I would move quickly to correct an issue with 2 day old dimpling eggs. They still look hatchable in the photo but you can telll something is going wrong there.
    Nothing

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladybugzcrunch For This Useful Post:

cchardwick (04-22-2018)