Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,969

1 members and 2,968 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Threaded View

Thanks

Re: welcome home, Wavvy

Haha I think u picked it. The main reason I decided to get a crested gecko all those years ago instead of any other kind of reptile was because the care requirements are so .ridiculously. simple. They don't need supplemental lighting, live at a warm room temp, have a MRP so you feed the same thing all the time, just add water. There's nothing to it. Honestly after all these years I dont even have a therm or hydrometer in there anymore because you know if it's too dry of you see stuck shed and I haven't seen any stuck shed in YEARS and once again, warm room temp. Unless you're going to breed them there's really nothing more to it.

The only other thing I MIGHT recommend is to keep some entamoeba meds handy. it's the only disease that cresties are susceptible to and if they get it they can die within a few days. I actually had a second crestie many years ago. He was GORGEOUS, his name was Aldo. I wish I had a picture of him. I only had him for a couple of months. One day I looked in his tank and he was so skinny all of a sudden! I immediately ordered the entamoeba meds overnight from pangaea but he was dead the next morning before the meds got to me. If I'd been able to treat him right away he might have made it.

Thanks for the nod but there's just not that much to created gecko care. That's one of the things that makes them so awesome! East peasy! But certainly let me know if u have any questions.

Ps I dont know that YouTube channel
    Last edited by ROSIEonFIRE; 05-04-2018 at 12:30 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ROSIEonFIRE For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (05-16-2018),tttaylorrr (05-04-2018)